Paul

Default Cleaning le creuset Enamel?

Hi,

I have a le creuset skillet and am wondering what the best method is to
clean the enamel? It just has some dark stains/marks on the surface.

Thanks,
Paul
jmcquown

Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a le creuset skillet and am wondering what the best method is
> to clean the enamel? It just has some dark stains/marks on the
> surface.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Vinegar and one of those nylon scrubbie things

Jill

jmcquown

Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a le creuset skillet and am wondering what the best method is
> to clean the enamel? It just has some dark stains/marks on the
> surface.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

Vinegar and one of those nylon scrubbie things

Jill

jmcquown

Dog3 wrote:
> "jmcquown" > deliciously posted in
> :
>
>> Paul wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a le creuset skillet and am wondering what the best method is
>>> to clean the enamel? It just has some dark stains/marks on the
>>> surface.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Paul

>> Vinegar and one of those nylon scrubbie things
>>
>> Jill

> I wonder if baking powder would clean it, maybe with a little vinegar
> and a sponge? I don't have enamel but it works on crusty bits, etc.
> on my no stick griddle and other no stick pans.
>
> Michael

Probably; baking soda is good for so many things.

Jill

jmcquown

Dog3 wrote:
> "jmcquown" > deliciously posted in
> :
>
>> Paul wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a le creuset skillet and am wondering what the best method is
>>> to clean the enamel? It just has some dark stains/marks on the
>>> surface.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Paul

>> Vinegar and one of those nylon scrubbie things
>>
>> Jill

> I wonder if baking powder would clean it, maybe with a little vinegar
> and a sponge? I don't have enamel but it works on crusty bits, etc.
> on my no stick griddle and other no stick pans.
>
> Michael

Probably; baking soda is good for so many things.

Jill

Tamzen Cannoy

In article >,
Paul > wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a le creuset skillet and am wondering what the best method is to
> clean the enamel? It just has some dark stains/marks on the surface.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

I clean mine with Baking Soda each time I use it. Still looks very white
going on 15 years now.
Tamzen Cannoy

In article >,
Paul > wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a le creuset skillet and am wondering what the best method is to
> clean the enamel? It just has some dark stains/marks on the surface.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

I clean mine with Baking Soda each time I use it. Still looks very white
going on 15 years now.
Nancy Dooley

Paul > wrote in message >...
> Hi,
>
> I have a le creuset skillet and am wondering what the best method is to
> clean the enamel? It just has some dark stains/marks on the surface.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

If other things don't work, there is a product called "Sokoff," which
is sort of like paint stripper - you'd have to test a small part of
the pan, but I've used it on the outsides of my colored electric
frypans, etc., and it does a marvelous job without damaging the finish
of the pan.

N.
Goro

Paul > wrote in message >...
> Hi,
>
> I have a le creuset skillet and am wondering what the best method is to
> clean the enamel? It just has some dark stains/marks on the surface.
>
> Thanks,
> Paul

would BarKeeper's Friend work? I use it on my All-Clad (as
recommended by AC); it may work on enamel.
Peggy

Nancy Dooley wrote:
> Paul > wrote in message >...
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I have a le creuset skillet and am wondering what the best method is to
>>clean the enamel? It just has some dark stains/marks on the surface.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Paul

> If other things don't work, there is a product called "Sokoff," which
> is sort of like paint stripper - you'd have to test a small part of
> the pan, but I've used it on the outsides of my colored electric
> frypans, etc., and it does a marvelous job without damaging the finish
> of the pan.
>
> N.

I'm sure this is against the rules, whatever they are, but I just use a
10% bleach solution and let it soak. Works every time.

Peg

Paul

Hi,

I used the baking soda and plastic scrubber and it cleaned up quite
well, with alot of elbow grease

Thanks,
Paul

Enamel Woks DC[_2_] General Cooking 8 20-07-2008 08:36 PM
Enamel Searing Greg Esres General Cooking 6 16-05-2008 06:38 PM
Polishing enamel [email protected] Cooking Equipment 5 13-12-2007 03:10 AM
help cleaning enamel pot- was covered w/foil paper in oven- help KOS General Cooking 6 02-04-2006 08:14 PM
cleaning enamel interior jes Cooking Equipment 1 10-06-2005 08:23 AM