Default healthy breakfast eating out

Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves a healthy
breakfast? It seems like it's so much harder to eat
healthy when it's breakfast time. Here's a sample menu:

carbs

fat

nck

When I go to my fav breakfast place, I order a la carte: I request a
scrambled egg or a poached one and a slice of ham (they use lean ham, thank
heaven) I specify NO TOAST or breads. Sometimes I have grits (when I go
out, it's a treat to have things I am too lazy to fix at home..or that, like
grits, I would eat three times a day if they were in my cupboard).
Anyway, I know how they prepare things there, and the fried eggs are not
greasy, so I feel safe getting it like that.
Otherwise, you can ask that your egg (if you want one) be poached or boiled.
A lot of places, like Cracker Barrel are starting to feature egg subsitute.
You "just say no" to toast, biscuits etc. Lean ham is ok. If you must have
a bread, try for half a bagel or an english muffin.
A lot just depends on where you live. Cracker Barrel, breakfast bars with a
variety of stuff are all good bets. You have to look around.
If you aren't doing a carb-control thing, you have a lot more room to
function, since you can order hot cereal (stay AWAY from the ready-to-eat
stuff they have in restaurants) and, again, Cbarrel has french toast made on
wheat bread with egg substitute and you can get apple butter to go with it
instead of syrup.
Hope this helps. I have a tendency to put wt on very quickly, so have to
keep aware constantly of what is going on with my food.

in article ,
at wrote on 3/28/04 6:36
AM:

> Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves a healthy
> breakfast? It seems like it's so much harder to eat
> healthy when it's breakfast time. Here's a sample menu:
>
> carbs
>
> fat

nck

When I go to my fav breakfast place, I order a la carte: I request a
scrambled egg or a poached one and a slice of ham (they use lean ham, thank
heaven) I specify NO TOAST or breads. Sometimes I have grits (when I go
out, it's a treat to have things I am too lazy to fix at home..or that, like
grits, I would eat three times a day if they were in my cupboard).
Anyway, I know how they prepare things there, and the fried eggs are not
greasy, so I feel safe getting it like that.
Otherwise, you can ask that your egg (if you want one) be poached or boiled.
A lot of places, like Cracker Barrel are starting to feature egg subsitute.
You "just say no" to toast, biscuits etc. Lean ham is ok. If you must have
a bread, try for half a bagel or an english muffin.
A lot just depends on where you live. Cracker Barrel, breakfast bars with a
variety of stuff are all good bets. You have to look around.
If you aren't doing a carb-control thing, you have a lot more room to
function, since you can order hot cereal (stay AWAY from the ready-to-eat
stuff they have in restaurants) and, again, Cbarrel has french toast made on
wheat bread with egg substitute and you can get apple butter to go with it
instead of syrup.
Hope this helps. I have a tendency to put wt on very quickly, so have to
keep aware constantly of what is going on with my food.

in article ,
at wrote on 3/28/04 6:36
AM:

> Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves a healthy
> breakfast? It seems like it's so much harder to eat
> healthy when it's breakfast time. Here's a sample menu:
>
> carbs
>
> fat

PENMART01

wrote:

>> Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves a healthy
>> breakfast?

>Whenever you say "healthy," you open a proverbial can of worms since
>healthy can mean so many things to different people.

Actually "healthy breakfast" means but one (1) thing, and not necessarilly
"healthful breakfast"... illiterate *******s...

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

wrote:

>> Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves a healthy
>> breakfast?

>Whenever you say "healthy," you open a proverbial can of worms since
>healthy can mean so many things to different people.

Actually "healthy breakfast" means but one (1) thing, and not necessarilly
"healthful breakfast"... illiterate *******s...

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Anthony

> wrote in message
om...
> Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves a healthy
> breakfast? It seems like it's so much harder to eat
> healthy when it's breakfast time. Here's a sample menu:
>
> carbs
>
> fat

We had house guests so we went out to breakfast today. I had two eggs over
easy, two sausages, a strip of bacon, orange juice and coffee. I should
think you could get that pretty much anywhere in the US that serves
breakfast. Whether you consider it healthy or not depends upon which school
of nutritional thought you subscribe to.

Anthony

> wrote in message
om...
> Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves a healthy
> breakfast? It seems like it's so much harder to eat
> healthy when it's breakfast time. Here's a sample menu:
>
> carbs
>
> fat

We had house guests so we went out to breakfast today. I had two eggs over
easy, two sausages, a strip of bacon, orange juice and coffee. I should
think you could get that pretty much anywhere in the US that serves
breakfast. Whether you consider it healthy or not depends upon which school
of nutritional thought you subscribe to.

kilikini

> wrote in message
om...
> Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves a healthy
> breakfast? It seems like it's so much harder to eat
> healthy when it's breakfast time. Here's a sample menu:
>
> carbs
>
> fat

I always order a salad for breakfast. I've never cared for eggs or
*breakfasty* type foods.
kili

kilikini

> wrote in message
om...
> Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves a healthy
> breakfast? It seems like it's so much harder to eat
> healthy when it's breakfast time. Here's a sample menu:
>
> carbs
>
> fat

I always order a salad for breakfast. I've never cared for eggs or
*breakfasty* type foods.
kili

projectile vomit chick

> wrote in message
om...
> Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves a healthy
> breakfast? It seems like it's so much harder to eat
> healthy when it's breakfast time. Here's a sample menu:
>
> carbs
>
> fat

Well gee, what's so ****ing hard about ordering a half a grapefruit and a
bran muffin? Duh.....

projectile vomit chick

> wrote in message
om...
> Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves a healthy
> breakfast? It seems like it's so much harder to eat
> healthy when it's breakfast time. Here's a sample menu:
>
> carbs
>
> fat

Well gee, what's so ****ing hard about ordering a half a grapefruit and a
bran muffin? Duh.....

Anthony

"projectile vomit chick" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> Well gee, what's so ****ing hard about ordering a half a grapefruit and a
> bran muffin? Duh.....

Bleah! Easy to order, hard to eat.

Anthony

"projectile vomit chick" > wrote in message
ink.net...

> Well gee, what's so ****ing hard about ordering a half a grapefruit and a
> bran muffin? Duh.....

Bleah! Easy to order, hard to eat.

Dimiri

> wrote in message
om...
> Does anyone know of a restaurant that serves a healthy
> breakfast? It seems like it's so much harder to eat
> healthy when it's breakfast time. Here's a sample menu:
>
> carbs
>
> fat

Yes

http://www.goodearth.com/restaurants...ce=restaurants

Dimitri

Healthy Eating tan Vegetarian cooking 25 14-04-2019 05:36 AM
Healthy Eating Andy Brewin General Cooking 0 25-03-2009 12:37 PM
Healthy Eating. [email protected] General Cooking 0 06-01-2008 11:38 AM
Eating healthy Omelet General Cooking 5 31-08-2007 07:33 PM