jmcquown

Default "Chili-Mac" from leftover Sloppy Joe Stuff

Totally uninspired, plain-jane using leftovers. I had a good pound of
ground beef in sloppy joe sauce remaining in the fridge (your basic tomato
with onion & green peppers sauce, not BBQ sauce). So I cooked 8 oz.
macaroni and stirred it in with the beef and sauce. Added commercial chili
powder. Heated it all up, stirring a couple of times. Tasted it, added
more chili powder. When I spooned up a plate of it I sprinkled over some of
that grated 4-cheese "Mexican" blend (monterey jack, cheddar, queso and
asadaro).

Quite tasty for homemade Hamburger Helpless! At least I know what was in it
rather than using the boxed stuff. And now I have a totally different
leftover. I'm still going to have to freeze at least half of this after
having some for lunch today but that's okay by me. I like being able to
pull a serving of something out of the freezer and nuke it when I'm not in
the mood to do anything.

Jill
--
I used to have a handle on life...but it broke off.

Leftover leftovers, my favorite !
I had a large london broil a while back. The second day it became beef
with broccoli. I had a chunk left that became hot roast beef
sandwiches. Top round and ground beef may not be expensive, but why
waste it ? Three meals out of one cheap piece of meat. I also found I
much prefer the top round to flank for the beef and broccoli.

Dean G.