Kat Newsgroups

Default Low Carb Crock Pot Recipes

I'm Looking for low(er) carb crock pot recipes.
Any suggestions?
(I'm sure I'll get responses telling me how horrible lowcarbing is. Don't
bother, I have lost 175 lbs .. so you will have to tell someone else.)
I'm looking for savory meet dishes .... something with a little spice and
zing to them ... I'm a little tired of pot roast and roasted chicken.
Thanks!
~Kat

Monsur Fromage du Pollet

"Kat Newsgroups" > wrote in
om:

> I'm Looking for low(er) carb crock pot recipes.
> Any suggestions?
> (I'm sure I'll get responses telling me how horrible lowcarbing is.
> Don't bother, I have lost 175 lbs .. so you will have to tell
> someone else.) I'm looking for savory meet dishes .... something
> with a little spice and zing to them ... I'm a little tired of pot
> roast and roasted chicken. Thanks!
> ~Kat

There was a thread about crockpot meatloaf here just days ago.

I like to do spare ribs in L-C BBQ sauce with mine.

Those cheapie Pork shoulder pretend hams (cottage roll) are very nice
crockpoted.

Soups work well and are a way to satisfy cravings for rice, pasta or
potatoes without going carb crazy.... because you can limit their amounts
to fit your needs.

I make this soup in a crockpot...I got the recipe from Nancy.

Nancy's Chicken Tortilla Soup

soups

1 medium onion chopped
2 stalks celery chopped
1 carrot; chopped
2-3 garlic cloves minced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 4 oz can green chiles
1 15oz can italian herbed tomatoes chopped; with juice
4 cups chicken stock; 4 -6 cups
1 tsp lemon pepper use a strong brand
2 tsp worchester sauce
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin powder
1/2 tsp hot sauce (to taste)
1/2 cup water
4 tbsp flour
1 lb chicken parts skinned and de-boned; i use thighs
1/3 cup sour cream; see note

In a heavy large dutch oven over medium heat soften the onion carrot and
celery in the oil. Add the minced garlic and cook about one more minute.
Add the green chiles and the chopped tomatoes, then add the chicken stock
and the seasoning. Simmer for about 20 minutes.

In a small bowl stir together the flour and water then add to soup.
Simmer
5 minutes more.

Add the chopped chicken meat. Simmer about 5 minutes more.

stir in the sour cream and serve.

Best served with corn tortilla chips .

Note if you are going to freeze parts of this don't add the sour cream
till
ready to serve. Sour cream doesn't freeze well.

Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Continuing to be Manitoban
Damsel in dis Dress

"Kat Newsgroups" >, if that's their real name, wrote:

>I'm Looking for low(er) carb crock pot recipes.
>Any suggestions?
>(I'm sure I'll get responses telling me how horrible lowcarbing is. Don't
>bother, I have lost 175 lbs .. so you will have to tell someone else.)
>I'm looking for savory meet dishes .... something with a little spice and
>zing to them ... I'm a little tired of pot roast and roasted chicken.
>Thanks!

Yay, low-carb!

This recipe was originally listed as choucroute garni. The lovely Victor
Sack has assured me that it's actually sauerkraut stew. Either way, it's
great! The recipe doesn't call for it to be made in a crockpot, but that's
how I cook it after browning the meat in a frying pan, then deglazing with
some sauerkraut juice, which I add to the ingredients in the crock pot. I
suppose it's time I updated this, huh? Oh! If you don't have juniper
berries, a glug of gin will take their place nicely.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Sauerkraut Stew

Recipe By :National Pork Producers Council
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :0:20
Categories : fall/winter main dishes
pork

-------- ------------ ------------------------------*--
4 pounds sauerkraut -- rinsed and drained
1/2 pound bacon -- diced
2 large onions -- coarsely chopped
3 carrots -- pared and sliced
1/2 cup chopped parsley
2 bay leaves
10 black peppercorns
10 juniper berries
4 whole cloves
3 cups Riesling wine
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
1 pound pork loin, lean, boneless -- cubed
1/2 pound ham, extra lean -- cubed
1 pound smoked sausage -- sliced
1 pound bratwurst -- sliced

In a large Dutch oven, over medium-low heat, render bacon fat; add onion
and carrots and sauté slowly; stirring occasionally, about 8-10 minutes.
Place parsley, bay leaves, peppercorns, juniper berries and cloves in
cheesecloth bag or large tea strainer. Add to pot along with sauerkraut,
wine and broth. Bring to a boil; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Add meats to
pot, stir, cover and simmer another hour and 20 minutes. Serve immediately
with pumpernickel or Jewish rye bread. Or refrigerate overnight and reheat
to serve.

Cuisine:
"French"
S(Internet address):
"http://www.nppc.org"
T(Cooking Time):
"2:20"
Bob (this one)

Kat Newsgroups wrote:

> I'm Looking for low(er) carb crock pot recipes.
> Any suggestions?
> (I'm sure I'll get responses telling me how horrible lowcarbing is. Don't
> bother, I have lost 175 lbs .. so you will have to tell someone else.)
> I'm looking for savory meet dishes .... something with a little spice and
> zing to them ... I'm a little tired of pot roast and roasted chicken.
> Thanks!
> ~Kat

Jog on over to <alt.support.diet.low-carb> and tell 'em Bob sent you.
The FAQ is posted every day and it has a zillion links to all sorts of
LC stuff including recipes - more than you could possibly ever use.

Pastorio.

Kat Newsgroups

"Bob (this one)" > wrote in message
> Jog on over to <alt.support.diet.low-carb> and tell 'em Bob sent you. The
> FAQ is posted every day and it has a zillion links to all sorts of LC
> stuff including recipes - more than you could possibly ever use.
>
> Pastorio.

Thanks but no thanks
BTDT.
~Kat

Kat Newsgroups

"Monsur Fromage du Pollet" > wrote in message
> There was a thread about crockpot meatloaf here just days ago.
>
> I like to do spare ribs in L-C BBQ sauce with mine.
>
> Those cheapie Pork shoulder pretend hams (cottage roll) are very nice
> crockpoted.
>
> Soups work well and are a way to satisfy cravings for rice, pasta or
> potatoes without going carb crazy.... because you can limit their amounts
> to fit your needs.
>
> I make this soup in a crockpot...I got the recipe from Nancy.
>
> Nancy's Chicken Tortilla Soup

Thank you .. this sounds great!!
~Kat

Kat Newsgroups

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Sauerkraut Stew

ty .. I think my DH will really like this.
~Kat

Katra

In article > ,
"Kat Newsgroups" > wrote:

> "Bob (this one)" > wrote in message
> > Jog on over to <alt.support.diet.low-carb> and tell 'em Bob sent you. The
> > FAQ is posted every day and it has a zillion links to all sorts of LC
> > stuff including recipes - more than you could possibly ever use.
> >
> > Pastorio.

> Thanks but no thanks
> BTDT.
> ~Kat

Hee!
Same here...
That list generates WAY way way too many posts every day!!!

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

There is no need to change the world. All we have to do is toilet train the world and we'll never have to change it again. -- Swami Beyondanada

Bob (this one)

Katra wrote:

> In article > ,
> "Kat Newsgroups" > wrote:
>
>>"Bob (this one)" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Jog on over to <alt.support.diet.low-carb> and tell 'em Bob sent you. The
>>>FAQ is posted every day and it has a zillion links to all sorts of LC
>>>stuff including recipes - more than you could possibly ever use.
>>>
>>>Pastorio.

>>Thanks but no thanks
>>BTDT.
>>~Kat
>>

> Hee!
> Same here...
> That list generates WAY way way too many posts every day!!!

To spare you the terrible burden of actually clicking on a single post
over there, I went over this morning and managed to collect this for
you; it took 24 agonizing seconds. I realize how awful it is to have
to filter through the posts, but as an alternative to the terrifying
ordeal of clicking the "Subject" column to bring them all into
alphabetical order to make the search simpler, a quick jump to Google
groups could have gotten it in a minute or two. Still, no reason why
someone looking for information should ever have to actually do
anything to get it. Have someone read it for you and click on the
appropriate links. You're welcome.

I understand fully.

No, seriously...

Pastorio

Begin quoted material ----------------------------

RRzVRR wrote:

FAQ: A Beginner's Guide to LowCarb Living

Did you know that the answer to many of your questions about
the Low Carb Diet can be found on the F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked
Questions) page for the alt.support.diet.low-carb newsgroup?
Try following the link below or the backup site that appears
below it:

http://www.grossweb.com/asdlc/faq.htm
http://home.comcast.net/~agross/asdlc/

There is a mailing list for people to receive email when the
FAQ has been updated. Aaron and Rudy have put a great amount
of time and expense into compiling and maintaining this site.
All affiliate commissions (except for Amazon.com) are donated
to a local Los Angeles charity. The Amazon.com commissions
are Aaron's sole "reward" to offset some of his costs in
time and materials. Please show your appreciation by using
his site to order your books and materials.

Did you read the FAQ but just don't remember if something
was covered? MOST questions can be answered in the FAQ without
having to read the whole FAQ. Just stick a pound sign # and the
term in question after the FAQ's URL and you will go directly
to the section of the FAQ you want. For example:

http://www.grossweb.com/asdlc/faq.htm#numbers
will answer your question about the numbers (##/##/##)
http://www.grossweb.com/asdlc/faq.htm#woe
will answer your question about what WOE means

This will also work with the alternate site.

If that does not answer your questions fully, why not try
the Google Groups Search Engine? You can search all news groups
for past discussions on topics about low carb. You can find the
Google Groups Search Engine at:

http://groups.google.com/

Alternatively, do a Google advanced search

Or, use the form appearing in the left margin menu of each page
on the FAQ site.

While it is highly recommended that all newbies read the
aforementioned official ASDLC F.A.Q. before posting, the
preceding sites are meant to be an adjunct and can be browsed
at your leisure. We hope that you will find them helpful in
your weight loss endeavor.

If you are newbie to the net, you may want to read about online
etiquette.
http://www.albion.com/netiquette

Below you will find some other helpful Low Carb Diet links.

Other F.A.Q. Links/Getting Started:

http://www.atkinscenter.com/faq.html
http://www.locarbliving.com/kit.html
http://low-carb.org/faq/
http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/LowcarbingDream/index.html
http://www.titanic.kn-bremen.de/induction.html
http://wilstar.com/lowcarb/
http://www.gis.net/~mamyers/LCfaq.htm

Induction:

http://www.titanic.kn-bremen.de/induction.html

Low-Carbohydrate Book Author Sites:

http://www.theketogenicdiet.com/
http://www.eatprotein.com
http://www.panix.com/~paleodiet
http://www.toon.org/~cadis
http://www.metabolicdiet.com
http://www.carbohydrateaddicts.com
http://www.lowcarbsuccess.net/
http://www.holdthetoast.com

Atkins Diet Related Links:

http://tom.cuy.net/atkins
http://www.lowcarb.com/
http://www.lowcarb.org

Carbohydrate Counters:

http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/cgi-bin/nut_search.pl
The USDA nutritional database - Carb counts on everything!
Just type in what it is you are looking for.
(Cream, eggs, squash).
http://www.immuneweb.org/lowcarb/

Hidden Carbohydrates:

http://wilstar.com/lowcarb/hiddencarbs.htm

Fiber:

http://www.lowcarb.org/fiber_1.html
http://www.lowcarb.org/fiber_2.html

Medical Research and Articles:

http://lowcarb.org
http://www.lowcarbsuccess.net/
http://www.lowcarb.org/josh_yelon/lowcarb_med.html
http://www.stumptuous.com/fat.html
http://www.nejm.org/content/1997/0337/0021/1491.asp
http://www.syndicomm.com/lowfat.html
http://medtstgo.ucdavis.edu/endo/lecture/metlipid.htm
http://www.omen.com/adipos.html
http://commodore.perry.pps.pgh.pa.us/~odonnell/ir1.html
http://www.lowcarb.org/ketosis.html
http://thyroid.about.com/health/thyr.../aa062600a.htm
http://www.lowcarb.ca/lowcarb.html

If you have lost 30 lbs and kept it off for a year, please
contact the
National Weight Loss Registry at 800-606-6927 or on the Internet at
www.wpic.pitt.edu/nwcr.

Support:

http://atkinsfriends.com/
http://forum.lowcarber.org
http://www.lowcarb.org/parachat.html
http://lowcarb.org/forums

Links for Diabetics:

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/LC-DIABETES.html
http://www.diabetes-normalsugars.com/
http://commodore.perry.pps.pgh.pa.us/~odonnell/ir1.html
http://www.survivediabetes.com/

PCOS and the Low-Carb Diet:

http://www.netcolony.com/members/pcolc/pcolc.html
http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000901/1079.html
http://www.soulcysters.com
http://www.pcosupport.org/

Links for Vegetarians:

http://www.immuneweb.org/lowcarb/

Low-carb Cooking:

http://www.camacdonald.com/lc/cookbookdownload.html
http://www.lowcarb.org/recipes.html
http://www.titanic.kn-bremen.de/indexusa.html
http://hometown.aol.com/terranova0/diet.index.html
http://www.e-clipse.com/soy/recipes.htm
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Resort/1700/
http://www.angelfire.com/ak2/kathyslc/Page4.html
http://www.egroups.com/group/low-carb-recipe-exchange/
http://members.aol.com/rowanmoon/recipe.html
http://www.locarbliving.com/recipeswap.html
http://www.atkinsdiethelp.com/recipes.htm
http://photopics.com/lowcarb.html
http://www.lowcarbcafe.com/
http://www.titanic.kn-bremen.de/idxrec.html
http://recipes.alastra.com/
http://communities.msn.com/webjake
http://www.ptyza.com/pamstuff/lowcook.htm

Low-carb Shopping:

http://members.tripod.com/~PsyllieSnax/
http://www.dietdepot.com/
http://www.lowcarbluxury.com/
http://www.carbsmart.com/
http://www.expertfoods.com/
http://www.greatfood.com/products/gr.../html/home.htm
http://www.jerkyusa.com/
http://www.morico.com/
http://www.netrition.com/
http://www.splenda.com/cgi-bin/order2?source=lifescan
http://www.sugarfreemarket.com/
http://www.lowcarb.com/cgi-local/sho...SID=9861622302
http://www.low-carb.com/
http://www.malthome.com/Splenda/
http://www.lowcarbcentre.com/

Exercise and Nutrition:

http://people.delphi.com/theenforcer/nutritn.htm
http://www.voicenet.com/~petrizzi/fitness/ckdcalc.html
http://www.planetkc.com/exrx/Home.html

Weight Training:

http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
http://www.solid.net/~homerc/
http://www.planetkc.com/exrx/Exercise.html
http://www.allprotraining.com/

Body Fat Calculators:

http://www.biofitness.com/bodyfat.html
http://my.webmd.com/table_of_contents

Plateau Busters:

http://www.lowcarb.org/plateaus.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/LowcarbingDream/meat.html
http://www.lowcarb.org/stillman.html

Stacking:

http://www.lowcarb.org/eca1.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/LowcarbingDream/ECA.html

Water:

http://www.classicx.com/html/2super.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/LowcarbingDream/water.html
http://www.lowcarb.org/water1.html

Inspirational Pages (Links to LC Homes pages):

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...2255&a=6346614
http://www.devtex.net/graham/lc.html
http://climate.geog.udel.edu/~rawlins/training.html
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...powell/abs.htm
http://www.bodytrends.com/article.htm
http://www.ourlittlecorner.com/
http://www.split.com/fat/
http://members.aol.com/Terranova0/diet.index.html
http://www.conniems.com

Misc. LC Diet Related Links:

http://www.lowcarblosers.com
http://www.lowcarb.ca
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/PubMed/
http://www.brachman.com/dietnews.htm
http://www.painpals.com/txlowcarb/index.html
http://www.split.com/fat/
http://people.delphi.com/elizjack/index.html
http://www.webring.org/cgi-bin/webring?ring=locho&list
http://member.aol.com/JepRoostr1/index.html
http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/LowcarbingDream/
http://www.lowcarb.org/
http://tom.cuy.net/atkins/
http://www.mountain-inter.net/~magnuson/
http://dc.jones.com/~bgmiller/lowcarb.htm
http://waltonfeed.com/omega/default.htm
http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm
http://www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/...ydrate_dieting
http://lowcarb.bizland.com/LC.html
http://www.ptyza.com/pamstuff/lowc-toc.htm
http://www.blackcatsystems.com/softw...thtracker.html
http://www.blackcatsystems.com/software/diet.html

There is a lot of information out there, but if you cannot
find what you are looking for we are always here! This is
a great newsgroup for support, recipes and sharing information!

*Special appreciation to:
Debby Padilla for her original contribution to this list.
Desiree for her list of links.
Debra Long for the latest version.
Barbara Ashley for her effort to maintain it.
ConnieMS for keeping the post current & posting it daily for so long.

Oh, and here is a new site for those of you who don't want to
read the FAQ and have a sense of humor:

http://www.grossweb.com/asdlc/no-faq.htm

If you have a link that you think should be listed here, please
e-mail it to me for consideration. Also, If you find that one
of the links has moved or no longer exists please e-mail me with
the pertinent information. This post is a team effort and we
need you to make it work.

--
Rudy - Remove the Z from my address to respond.

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!"
-Emiliano Zapata

Check out the a.s.d.l-c FAQ at: http://www.grossweb.com/asdlc/faq.htm

Bell Jar

The reason I don't post there is just this type of attitude.
It has nothing to do w/ searching posts.

> [...]

> *Special appreciation to:
> Debby Padilla for her original contribution to this list.
> Desiree for her list of links.
> Debra Long for the latest version.
> Barbara Ashley for her effort to maintain it.
> ConnieMS for keeping the post current & posting it daily for so long.
>

> Oh, and here is a new site for those of you who don't want to
> read the FAQ and have a sense of humor:
>
> http://www.grossweb.com/asdlc/no-faq.htm
>
> If you have a link that you think should be listed here, please
> e-mail it to me for consideration. Also, If you find that one
> of the links has moved or no longer exists please e-mail me with
> the pertinent information. This post is a team effort and we
> need you to make it work.
>
> --
> Rudy - Remove the Z from my address to respond.
>
> "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees!"

aem

Bell Jar wrote:
> The reason I don't post there is just this type of attitude.
> It has nothing to do w/ searching posts.

You might at least click on the link for netiquette. Then you'd learn
about deleting all the previous material to save bandwidth. Not to
mention top posting.

Bob (this one)

aem wrote:

> Bell Jar wrote:
>
>>The reason I don't post there is just this type of attitude.
>>It has nothing to do w/ searching posts.

> You might at least click on the link for netiquette. Then you'd learn
> about deleting all the previous material to save bandwidth. Not to
> mention top posting.

Oh, no. Can't be done, aem. Mustn't confuse wanting to be spoon-fed
with the desperately horrific burden of looking in an authoritative
place for oneself. And for you to suggest that Bell Jar be further
burdened with manners. <sigh> Oh the unreasonable humanity...

I didn't say anything about posting in the group. I said go look at
the FAQ. And then, I reposted it here for people like that who are too
loaded with world-weariness to take advantage of it and to shut up
except for saying thanks. Who the hell said you needed to post there?

The whiny baloney up top speaks all its volumes. Waa waa, those people
are mean, so I'm not interested in their collective experience,
research and conveniently direct answers to my questions...

Waa waa I can be mannerless because I can't be bothered to actually
research my own answers and besides, those people have *that* attitude...

Waa waa...

Look in a mirror. Grow up.

Pastorio

Bell Jar

"Bob (this one)" > wrote in message
> Waa waa...
>
> Look in a mirror. Grow up.
>
> Pastorio

ROFLMAO ... I posted there for years .. you just don't recognize me.

Crock pot recipes Jay General Cooking 9 03-10-2008 10:37 PM
crock pot recipes Ria General Cooking 32 29-01-2006 12:07 PM
Crock Pot Recipes ? TODD TAMANEND CLARK Mexican Cooking 22 11-11-2005 11:21 PM
Crock Pot Recipes ? TODD TAMANEND CLARK General Cooking 23 11-11-2005 11:21 PM
summer crock pot recipes??? SPOONS General Cooking 4 11-06-2004 02:32 AM