Phyllis Stone

Default cleaning cast iron revisited

A few weeks ago I asked for opinions on the cleaning of very old baked on
'crud'. I got lots of good help. The pan is a very old griswold from my
grandmother. I was afraid to use extreme heat so I took Sheldon's advice
and did the ammonia in the sealed bag thing. I had to do it three times and
still chisel it off in places but it worked. Thank you Sheldon.

Sheldon

Phyllis Stone wrote:
> A few weeks ago I asked for opinions on the cleaning of very old

baked on
> 'crud'. I got lots of good help. The pan is a very old griswold from

my
> grandmother. I was afraid to use extreme heat so I took Sheldon's

advice
> and did the ammonia in the sealed bag thing. I had to do it three

times and
> still chisel it off in places but it worked. Thank you Sheldon.

You're very welcome.