Miche

Default Silly Little Tip

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:32:00 -0500, Levelwave©
> > wrote:
>
> > Nancree wrote:
> >
> > > nobody knows what you're talking about. Please post.

> > I think it's time you update that decrepit old newsreader
> >
> > www.mozilla.org - the best reader in the biz...
> >
> > ~john
> >

> > ps - download Mozilla 1.6 - newsread is included with the browser
> >

> Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it
> doesn't have the best newsreader around, which is why I use
> Mozilla as a stand alone browser, not as integrated,
> software... IMO: Agent is the BEST newsreader.

For Windows systems.

Miche (Mac geek and happy MT-Newswatcher user)

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
-- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

Miche

In article >,
sf > wrote:

> On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:32:00 -0500, Levelwave©
> > wrote:
>
> > Nancree wrote:
> >
> > > nobody knows what you're talking about. Please post.

> > I think it's time you update that decrepit old newsreader
> >
> > www.mozilla.org - the best reader in the biz...
> >
> > ~john
> >

> > ps - download Mozilla 1.6 - newsread is included with the browser
> >

> Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it
> doesn't have the best newsreader around, which is why I use
> Mozilla as a stand alone browser, not as integrated,
> software... IMO: Agent is the BEST newsreader.

For Windows systems.

Miche (Mac geek and happy MT-Newswatcher user)

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
-- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

Katra

In article >,
Miche > wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:32:00 -0500, Levelwave©
> > > wrote:

> > > I think it's time you update that decrepit old newsreader
> > >
> > > www.mozilla.org - the best reader in the biz...
> > >
> > > ~john
> > >

> > > ps - download Mozilla 1.6 - newsread is included with the browser
> > >

> > Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it
> > doesn't have the best newsreader around, which is why I use
> > Mozilla as a stand alone browser, not as integrated,
> > software... IMO: Agent is the BEST newsreader.

> For Windows systems.
>
> Miche (Mac geek and happy MT-Newswatcher user)

Awesome!!! K (no longer feeling alone)

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

"There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by cats! -- Asimov

Katra

In article >,
Miche > wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 26 Mar 2004 18:32:00 -0500, Levelwave©
> > > wrote:

> > > I think it's time you update that decrepit old newsreader
> > >
> > > www.mozilla.org - the best reader in the biz...
> > >
> > > ~john
> > >

> > > ps - download Mozilla 1.6 - newsread is included with the browser
> > >

> > Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it
> > doesn't have the best newsreader around, which is why I use
> > Mozilla as a stand alone browser, not as integrated,
> > software... IMO: Agent is the BEST newsreader.

> For Windows systems.
>
> Miche (Mac geek and happy MT-Newswatcher user)

Awesome!!! K (no longer feeling alone)

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

"There are many intelligent species in the universe, and they are all owned by cats! -- Asimov

Brian Macke

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:59:03 +1200, Miche wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:

>> Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it doesn't have
>> the best newsreader around, which is why I use Mozilla as a stand alone
>> browser, not as integrated, software... IMO: Agent is the BEST
>> newsreader.

> For Windows systems.

Yeah, I was about to point out in a less diplomatic way that Agent isn't
available for Linux. Pan is what I use, and it does a decent job.

> Miche (Mac geek and happy MT-Newswatcher user)

--
-Brian James Macke
"In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that which

Brian Macke

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:59:03 +1200, Miche wrote:

> In article >,
> sf > wrote:

>> Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it doesn't have
>> the best newsreader around, which is why I use Mozilla as a stand alone
>> browser, not as integrated, software... IMO: Agent is the BEST
>> newsreader.

> For Windows systems.

Yeah, I was about to point out in a less diplomatic way that Agent isn't
available for Linux. Pan is what I use, and it does a decent job.

> Miche (Mac geek and happy MT-Newswatcher user)

--
-Brian James Macke
"In order to get that which you wish for, you must first get that which
builds it." -- Unknown

sf

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:32:25 -0600, "Brian Macke"
> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:59:03 +1200, Miche wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > sf > wrote:

> >> Mozilla is an excellent and small (yahoo!) browser, but it doesn't have
> >> the best newsreader around, which is why I use Mozilla as a stand alone
> >> browser, not as integrated, software... IMO: Agent is the BEST
> >> newsreader.

> > For Windows systems.

> Yeah, I was about to point out in a less diplomatic way that Agent isn't
> available for Linux. Pan is what I use, and it does a decent job.

I didn't claim it was. My only point was that integrated
news readers aren't the best available (I like the free
type), without saying I think they are poor to gawd-awful.

I wasn't trying to start a ****ing contest, so anyone is
free to chime in with their favorite STAND ALONE news
reader. We all learn something when people TALK about what
they use for specific purposes. For instance: I would have
never found out about Avast antivirus if someone hadn't
mentioned it in another ng I frequent.

Wayne Boatwright

sf > wrote in
:

> On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 18:32:25 -0600, "Brian Macke"
> > wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 10:59:03 +1200, Miche wrote:

>> > For Windows systems.

>> Yeah, I was about to point out in a less diplomatic way that Agent
>> isn't available for Linux. Pan is what I use, and it does a decent
>> job.
>>

> I didn't claim it was. My only point was that integrated
> news readers aren't the best available (I like the free
> type), without saying I think they are poor to gawd-awful.
>
> I wasn't trying to start a ****ing contest, so anyone is
> free to chime in with their favorite STAND ALONE news
> reader. We all learn something when people TALK about what
> they use for specific purposes. For instance: I would have
> never found out about Avast antivirus if someone hadn't
> mentioned it in another ng I frequent.
>

> Practice safe eating - always use condiments

It may already have been mentioned, but I use Xnews on Windows XP. I
believe that it is also ported to Linux. The only failing I can see is
that it has no internal spell-checker.

Wayne
notbob

On 2004-03-28, Brian Macke > wrote:

> Yeah, I was about to point out in a less diplomatic way that Agent isn't
> available for Linux. Pan is what I use, and it does a decent job.

Why settle for decent. Take a look at slrn. Probably the single most
popular newsreader among Linux users. Since it is a command line based
reader, many would say it's just an elitist geek thing. Not so. When I
first got into Linux, I was all Gnome/KDE/gui oriented. It was slrn that
made me realize the power and beauty of the CLI (command line interface).

slrn is fast, simple, efficient. The white text on black background of the
CLI is easy on ol' geezer eyes. No jumping back and forth from the mouse to
keyboard. The mouse could die for all I care. Most commands are single
key. Highly configurable, powerful filter/sort options, not TOO difficult
to learn (some effort required . I like it so much, I'd use it on Windows
if I used Windows. (stepping down from soapbox)

nb

Silly food day Serene Vannoy General Cooking 1 19-05-2010 02:14 PM
silly question Mr Libido Incognito General Cooking 27 17-01-2007 09:36 PM
Silly Question Green Mtn. Griller General Cooking 3 15-10-2006 04:53 AM
A silly question.. Amamba Barbecue 1 12-08-2006 03:37 AM
i think this is silly dug88 Barbecue 80 10-02-2005 04:27 PM