NancyJaye

Default How many Popeil items do you own????

Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere

http://news1.iwon.com/odd/article/id/393216|oddlyenough|03-24-2004::18:27|reuters.html

jmcquown

NancyJaye wrote:
> Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere

http://news1.iwon.com/odd/article/id/393216|oddlyenough|03-24-2004::18:27|reuters.html

NONE. It reminds me of the SNL skit "Bass-O-Matic" I suppose some
people do own them. And Ron Popeil did invent (or at least market) a number
of items.

Jill

jmcquown

NancyJaye wrote:
> Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere

http://news1.iwon.com/odd/article/id/393216|oddlyenough|03-24-2004::18:27|reuters.html

NONE. It reminds me of the SNL skit "Bass-O-Matic" I suppose some
people do own them. And Ron Popeil did invent (or at least market) a number
of items.

Jill

Greykits

> Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere

Wow, I didn't realize it but that family has been selling this stuff for most
of my life, and I'm only the age of 37 which we all know.

Some relative passed on a used Veg-O-Matic to me and I used it maybe twice. It
just really wasn't worth the effort to get the thing out and to clean it
afterwards. I have never learned a good knife technique (and I worked on this
at one time) nor do I own fancy knifes. I have a couple of carbon steel knifes
from a wedding gift and they have served me well. I can't chop like Yan but I
seem to manage.

We went to the local dive tonight to see the Avs versus the Wings and the guy
from next door joined us. He said that he would like to try borscht. I might
make a batch of that tomorrow. I don't do it fancy like someone like Victor
would, but just the neccessary stuff for a quick beet soup fix. Now, this
guy's wife is pregnant and if I give them some borscht I might get something
going for the next generation.
Greykits

> Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere

Wow, I didn't realize it but that family has been selling this stuff for most
of my life, and I'm only the age of 37 which we all know.

Some relative passed on a used Veg-O-Matic to me and I used it maybe twice. It
just really wasn't worth the effort to get the thing out and to clean it
afterwards. I have never learned a good knife technique (and I worked on this
at one time) nor do I own fancy knifes. I have a couple of carbon steel knifes
from a wedding gift and they have served me well. I can't chop like Yan but I
seem to manage.

We went to the local dive tonight to see the Avs versus the Wings and the guy
from next door joined us. He said that he would like to try borscht. I might
make a batch of that tomorrow. I don't do it fancy like someone like Victor
would, but just the neccessary stuff for a quick beet soup fix. Now, this
guy's wife is pregnant and if I give them some borscht I might get something
going for the next generation.

Rich McCormack

NancyJaye wrote:

> Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere

Don't think I've ever owned a Popeil kitchen gadget, but I do own
Pocket Fisherman. My kids gave it to me for Father's Day sometime
back in the 1970s. I'm sure lots of other men ended up with one
in much the same way. I've never caught a fish with it and haven't
used it in years, but I always take it along on camping trips,
thinking I might give it another try.

Rich
Rich McCormack

NancyJaye wrote:

> Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere

Don't think I've ever owned a Popeil kitchen gadget, but I do own
Pocket Fisherman. My kids gave it to me for Father's Day sometime
back in the 1970s. I'm sure lots of other men ended up with one
in much the same way. I've never caught a fish with it and haven't
used it in years, but I always take it along on camping trips,
thinking I might give it another try.

Rich
PENMART01

>I do own Pocket Fisherman.
I'm sure lots of other men ended up with >one I've never caught a fish with it
and haven't used it in years, but I always take >it along on camping trips,
thinking I might give it another try.

Hehe, that old line about asking the girls to reach in and feel for your Pocket
Fisherman and all they find is a woim! <G>

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

>I do own Pocket Fisherman.
I'm sure lots of other men ended up with >one I've never caught a fish with it
and haven't used it in years, but I always take >it along on camping trips,
thinking I might give it another try.

Hehe, that old line about asking the girls to reach in and feel for your Pocket
Fisherman and all they find is a woim! <G>

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

The Joneses

Rich McCormack wrote:

> NancyJaye wrote:
> > Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere

> Don't think I've ever owned a Popeil kitchen gadget, but I do own
> Pocket Fisherman. My kids gave it to me for Father's Day sometime
> back in the 1970s. I'm sure lots of other men ended up with one
> in much the same way. I've never caught a fish with it and haven't
> used it in years, but I always take it along on camping trips,
> thinking I might give it another try.

Don't laugh, was on fishing trip with Ol'Whiskerface, friend & our boys.

*I* caught dinner with my minnie mouse rod (and tackle box with ears).
Them flyfishers are catch & release, eat hotdogs for dinner people.
Edrena

The Joneses

Rich McCormack wrote:

> NancyJaye wrote:
> > Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere

> Don't think I've ever owned a Popeil kitchen gadget, but I do own
> Pocket Fisherman. My kids gave it to me for Father's Day sometime
> back in the 1970s. I'm sure lots of other men ended up with one
> in much the same way. I've never caught a fish with it and haven't
> used it in years, but I always take it along on camping trips,
> thinking I might give it another try.

Don't laugh, was on fishing trip with Ol'Whiskerface, friend & our boys.

*I* caught dinner with my minnie mouse rod (and tackle box with ears).
Them flyfishers are catch & release, eat hotdogs for dinner people.
Edrena

The Joneses

Default Borscht, was Popeil items

Greykits wrote:

> He said that he would like to try borscht. I might make a batch of that

What's your favorite recipe? My mum loves it, but I can't figger out why.
I tasted some commercial stuff and was not impressed. I'll have lots of
beet trimmin's when I make fancy pickled beets and had planned to
freeze up some borscht for mom.
Edrena

The Joneses

Greykits wrote:

> He said that he would like to try borscht. I might make a batch of that

What's your favorite recipe? My mum loves it, but I can't figger out why.
I tasted some commercial stuff and was not impressed. I'll have lots of
beet trimmin's when I make fancy pickled beets and had planned to
freeze up some borscht for mom.
Edrena

Rick & Cyndi

"NancyJaye" > wrote in message
: Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere
:
:
http://news1.iwon.com/odd/article/id/393216|oddlyenough|03-24-2004::18:27|reuters.html
:
: =======

I actually *do* own a few of his appliances/accessories and LOVE
them!

1. Ronco Dehydrator
2. Dial-O-Matic Food Slicer (came free with Dehydrator)
3. Pasta Machine (deluxe model w/ 24 dies, ravioli cutter &
bagel slicer, and 3 pc Pasta pot)
4. The lovely, incredible, can't believe I lived without...<drum
roll....> Showtime Platinum Rotisserie!!! Woo-Hoo!!!
5. Accessories for the Rotisserie: Speed Basket, Regular basket,
Lobster Basket, Rib Basket, Self-turning kebob skewers,
Steaming/heating duel-portion tray, various injectors (including
the one that will inject whole cloves of garlic...), and a free
knife came with it. Oh, and a bunch of elastic ties for holding
in the chicken wings and drumsticks.

Yep, I'm a proud supporter of the ole boy. His products may not
be glamorous but I've yet to find one that didn't perform as
promised. The only gizmo that I don't have yet that I'm a bit
curious about - but not $20.00 worth LOL - is his 'inside the
shell electric egg scrambler. If I were into fishing his Pocket
Fisherman would be nice to keep in the car or camper... but I
usually picnic or read books during fishing trips.

Cyndi

Rich McCormack

The Joneses wrote:

> Don't laugh, was on fishing trip with Ol'Whiskerface, friend & our boys.
>
> *I* caught dinner with my minnie mouse rod (and tackle box with ears).
> Them flyfishers are catch & release, eat hotdogs for dinner people.
> Edrena

One of the reasons I haven't used my Popeil Pocket Fisherman
in years is because I spend most of my time flyfishing. I do
practice catch & release...until I catch something suitable
for the next meal. Ain't no hotdogs allowed on MY fishing
trips... :-)

Rich
Rich McCormack

The Joneses wrote:

> Don't laugh, was on fishing trip with Ol'Whiskerface, friend & our boys.
>
> *I* caught dinner with my minnie mouse rod (and tackle box with ears).
> Them flyfishers are catch & release, eat hotdogs for dinner people.
> Edrena

One of the reasons I haven't used my Popeil Pocket Fisherman
in years is because I spend most of my time flyfishing. I do
practice catch & release...until I catch something suitable
for the next meal. Ain't no hotdogs allowed on MY fishing
trips... :-)

Rich
Jack Schidt®

"Rich McCormack" > wrote in message

> NancyJaye wrote:
> >
> > Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere

> Don't think I've ever owned a Popeil kitchen gadget, but I do own
> Pocket Fisherman. My kids gave it to me for Father's Day sometime
> back in the 1970s. I'm sure lots of other men ended up with one
> in much the same way. I've never caught a fish with it and haven't
> used it in years, but I always take it along on camping trips,
> thinking I might give it another try.
>
> Rich

There was a story about the Popeil family in the New Yorker some time ago
where they quoted the elder Popeil (Ron's dad) as answering a question about
the pocket fisherman by saying "They're not for fishing, they are for
giving."

Jack Popeil

Jack Schidt®

"Rich McCormack" > wrote in message

> NancyJaye wrote:
> >
> > Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere

> Don't think I've ever owned a Popeil kitchen gadget, but I do own
> Pocket Fisherman. My kids gave it to me for Father's Day sometime
> back in the 1970s. I'm sure lots of other men ended up with one
> in much the same way. I've never caught a fish with it and haven't
> used it in years, but I always take it along on camping trips,
> thinking I might give it another try.
>
> Rich

There was a story about the Popeil family in the New Yorker some time ago
where they quoted the elder Popeil (Ron's dad) as answering a question about
the pocket fisherman by saying "They're not for fishing, they are for
giving."

Jack Popeil

Maverick

"Rick & Cyndi" > wrote in message
> "NancyJaye" > wrote in message
> : Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere
> :
> :

http://news1.iwon.com/odd/article/id/393216|oddlyenough|03-24-2004::18:27|reuters.html
> :
> : =======
>
> I actually *do* own a few of his appliances/accessories and LOVE
> them!
>
> 1. Ronco Dehydrator
> 2. Dial-O-Matic Food Slicer (came free with Dehydrator)
> 3. Pasta Machine (deluxe model w/ 24 dies, ravioli cutter &
> bagel slicer, and 3 pc Pasta pot)
> 4. The lovely, incredible, can't believe I lived without...<drum
> roll....> Showtime Platinum Rotisserie!!! Woo-Hoo!!!
> 5. Accessories for the Rotisserie: Speed Basket, Regular basket,
> Lobster Basket, Rib Basket, Self-turning kebob skewers,
> Steaming/heating duel-portion tray, various injectors (including
> the one that will inject whole cloves of garlic...), and a free
> knife came with it. Oh, and a bunch of elastic ties for holding
> in the chicken wings and drumsticks.
>

> Yep, I'm a proud supporter of the ole boy. His products may not
> be glamorous but I've yet to find one that didn't perform as
> promised. The only gizmo that I don't have yet that I'm a bit
> curious about - but not $20.00 worth LOL - is his 'inside the
> shell electric egg scrambler. If I were into fishing his Pocket
> Fisherman would be nice to keep in the car or camper... but I
> usually picnic or read books during fishing trips.
>
> Cyndi

Cyndi, I'm shocked at you! Don't you have his LP record cleaning system?
;-> I'm 39 and have been laughing at Ronco products for as long as I can
remember.

Now, since I've found this NG, I'm almost tempted to try the rotisserie but
three things are holding me back:
1. Its from the Ronco dude!
2. I just don't have enough space to store it.
3. Its kinda pricey for something I can also do on my grill outside.

But, that's just my opinion.
Bret

Maverick

"Rick & Cyndi" > wrote in message
> "NancyJaye" > wrote in message
> : Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere
> :
> :

http://news1.iwon.com/odd/article/id/393216|oddlyenough|03-24-2004::18:27|reuters.html
> :
> : =======
>
> I actually *do* own a few of his appliances/accessories and LOVE
> them!
>
> 1. Ronco Dehydrator
> 2. Dial-O-Matic Food Slicer (came free with Dehydrator)
> 3. Pasta Machine (deluxe model w/ 24 dies, ravioli cutter &
> bagel slicer, and 3 pc Pasta pot)
> 4. The lovely, incredible, can't believe I lived without...<drum
> roll....> Showtime Platinum Rotisserie!!! Woo-Hoo!!!
> 5. Accessories for the Rotisserie: Speed Basket, Regular basket,
> Lobster Basket, Rib Basket, Self-turning kebob skewers,
> Steaming/heating duel-portion tray, various injectors (including
> the one that will inject whole cloves of garlic...), and a free
> knife came with it. Oh, and a bunch of elastic ties for holding
> in the chicken wings and drumsticks.
>

> Yep, I'm a proud supporter of the ole boy. His products may not
> be glamorous but I've yet to find one that didn't perform as
> promised. The only gizmo that I don't have yet that I'm a bit
> curious about - but not $20.00 worth LOL - is his 'inside the
> shell electric egg scrambler. If I were into fishing his Pocket
> Fisherman would be nice to keep in the car or camper... but I
> usually picnic or read books during fishing trips.
>
> Cyndi

Cyndi, I'm shocked at you! Don't you have his LP record cleaning system?
;-> I'm 39 and have been laughing at Ronco products for as long as I can
remember.

Now, since I've found this NG, I'm almost tempted to try the rotisserie but
three things are holding me back:
1. Its from the Ronco dude!
2. I just don't have enough space to store it.
3. Its kinda pricey for something I can also do on my grill outside.

But, that's just my opinion.
Bret

blake murphy

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 21:44:03 -0600, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>NancyJaye wrote:
>> Veg-O-Matics Live on in Kitchens Everywhere
>>

>http://news1.iwon.com/odd/article/id/393216|oddlyenough|03-24-2004::18:27|reuters.html
>
>NONE. It reminds me of the SNL skit "Bass-O-Matic" I suppose some
>people do own them. And Ron Popeil did invent (or at least market) a number
>of items.
>
>Jill

how about 'the chef of the future'?

your pal,