jmcquown

Default Dallas (TX) Area Restaurants?

I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. My friend
mentioned a place he remembers from a couple of years ago. He thinks of as
a "strip" of beautiful old Victorian homes which have been turned into
restaurants. Anyone know what the real name of this area is and where it's
located?

Any other suggestions for good eats? We're probably not so much into the
Texas-Mexican thing. We're staying in the North Addison area, at least to
start with. Already know about the disappointing 'chains' like Applebee's,
etc. and aren't interested in them unless we just want a quick burger or
something.

Any info is appreciated.

Jill

Ariane Jenkins

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:46:27 -0600, jmcquown > wrote:
> I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. My friend
> mentioned a place he remembers from a couple of years ago. He thinks of as
> a "strip" of beautiful old Victorian homes which have been turned into
> restaurants. Anyone know what the real name of this area is and where it's
> located?

I guess you didn't look much at that Frommer's link I posted
in the channel. ;P Guidebooks are a traveler's friend... There are
a couple mentions I found on their website (free information, BTW)
that sounded like possibilities:

http://www.frommers.com/destinations...193025074.html

"Uptown & Oak Lawn--Located northeast of downtown and promoted as
"Uptown," McKinney Avenue and Knox-Henderson are chic restaurant rows and
shopping meccas, one of the in places to live. McKinney Avenue, once the site
of elegant old homes, is now the center of the Dallas art gallery scene,
while Knox-Henderson is split right down the middle between trendy
restaurants and upscale furnishings stores."

http://tinyurl.com/273xz

"Swiss Avenue Historic District

Toward the turn of the 20th century, the Dallas elite began to abandon
the area that now comprises the Arts District and move east (near the
modestly funky Lakewood neighborhood). Sprawling, grand homes from the early
1900s -- English Tudor, Georgian, Spanish, you name it -- line a broad
avenue, about 4 blocks of which are listed in the National Register of
Historic Places. The Wilson Blocks (2800 and 2900), named for Frederick Wilson,
who built a number of the homes there, are especially attractive. Around
the holidays, Swiss Avenue is a favorite for Christmas lights cruisers. A
drive-by can be done in 15 minutes; allow a half-hour if you want to
stroll."

I also found this website where you can find Dallas neighborhoods and
search for a particular architectural style:

http://www.preservationdallas.org/pd/intown/style.htm

This URL mentions the Wilson Block, which might be of interest, too:

http://www.preservationdallas.org/pd...lson_block.htm

Your friend's description is a bit vague, most large cities have
_some_ area where historical refurbishing has been done and Dallas is
a big city. But at least you've got some possible leads.

Ariane
Ariane Jenkins

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:46:27 -0600, jmcquown > wrote:
> I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. My friend
> mentioned a place he remembers from a couple of years ago. He thinks of as
> a "strip" of beautiful old Victorian homes which have been turned into
> restaurants. Anyone know what the real name of this area is and where it's
> located?

I guess you didn't look much at that Frommer's link I posted
in the channel. ;P Guidebooks are a traveler's friend... There are
a couple mentions I found on their website (free information, BTW)
that sounded like possibilities:

http://www.frommers.com/destinations...193025074.html

"Uptown & Oak Lawn--Located northeast of downtown and promoted as
"Uptown," McKinney Avenue and Knox-Henderson are chic restaurant rows and
shopping meccas, one of the in places to live. McKinney Avenue, once the site
of elegant old homes, is now the center of the Dallas art gallery scene,
while Knox-Henderson is split right down the middle between trendy
restaurants and upscale furnishings stores."

http://tinyurl.com/273xz

"Swiss Avenue Historic District

Toward the turn of the 20th century, the Dallas elite began to abandon
the area that now comprises the Arts District and move east (near the
modestly funky Lakewood neighborhood). Sprawling, grand homes from the early
1900s -- English Tudor, Georgian, Spanish, you name it -- line a broad
avenue, about 4 blocks of which are listed in the National Register of
Historic Places. The Wilson Blocks (2800 and 2900), named for Frederick Wilson,
who built a number of the homes there, are especially attractive. Around
the holidays, Swiss Avenue is a favorite for Christmas lights cruisers. A
drive-by can be done in 15 minutes; allow a half-hour if you want to
stroll."

I also found this website where you can find Dallas neighborhoods and
search for a particular architectural style:

http://www.preservationdallas.org/pd/intown/style.htm

This URL mentions the Wilson Block, which might be of interest, too:

http://www.preservationdallas.org/pd...lson_block.htm

Your friend's description is a bit vague, most large cities have
_some_ area where historical refurbishing has been done and Dallas is
a big city. But at least you've got some possible leads.

Ariane
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "jmcquown"
> wrote:
>Already know about the disappointing 'chains'
> like Applebee's, etc. and aren't interested in them unless we just
> want a quick burger or something.

Applebee's oriental chicken salad (?) is mighty fine.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-23-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
Melba's Jammin'

In article >, "jmcquown"
> wrote:
>Already know about the disappointing 'chains'
> like Applebee's, etc. and aren't interested in them unless we just
> want a quick burger or something.

Applebee's oriental chicken salad (?) is mighty fine.
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 3-23-04.
Rec.food.cooking's Preserved Fruit Administrator (I've got
the button to prove it!)
"The only difference between a rut and a grave is
the depth of the hole."

jmcquown

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:
>> Already know about the disappointing 'chains'
>> like Applebee's, etc. and aren't interested in them unless we just
>> want a quick burger or something.

> Applebee's oriental chicken salad (?) is mighty fine.

I suppose so, if that's what you want

Jillsie

jmcquown

Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> In article >, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:
>> Already know about the disappointing 'chains'
>> like Applebee's, etc. and aren't interested in them unless we just
>> want a quick burger or something.

> Applebee's oriental chicken salad (?) is mighty fine.

I suppose so, if that's what you want

Jillsie

Christine Dabney

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:46:27 -0600, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. My friend
>mentioned a place he remembers from a couple of years ago. He thinks of as
>a "strip" of beautiful old Victorian homes which have been turned into
>restaurants. Anyone know what the real name of this area is and where it's
>located?
>
>Any other suggestions for good eats? We're probably not so much into the
>Texas-Mexican thing. We're staying in the North Addison area, at least to
>start with. Already know about the disappointing 'chains' like Applebee's,
>etc. and aren't interested in them unless we just want a quick burger or
>something.
>
>Any info is appreciated.
>
>Jill

Jill, go to the message boards on www.chowhound.com. They have boards
devoted to different areas of the country. The one for Texas is
http://www.chowhound.com/southwest/b...xas/texas.html.

You might want to ask the they have a lot of knowledgeable people
there.

Christine
Christine Dabney

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:46:27 -0600, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. My friend
>mentioned a place he remembers from a couple of years ago. He thinks of as
>a "strip" of beautiful old Victorian homes which have been turned into
>restaurants. Anyone know what the real name of this area is and where it's
>located?
>
>Any other suggestions for good eats? We're probably not so much into the
>Texas-Mexican thing. We're staying in the North Addison area, at least to
>start with. Already know about the disappointing 'chains' like Applebee's,
>etc. and aren't interested in them unless we just want a quick burger or
>something.
>
>Any info is appreciated.
>
>Jill

Jill, go to the message boards on www.chowhound.com. They have boards
devoted to different areas of the country. The one for Texas is
http://www.chowhound.com/southwest/b...xas/texas.html.

You might want to ask the they have a lot of knowledgeable people
there.

Christine
chillled

jmcquown wrote:

> Any other suggestions for good eats? We're probably not so much into the
> Texas-Mexican thing. We're staying in the North Addison area, at least to
> start with. Already know about the disappointing 'chains' like Applebee's,
> etc. and aren't interested in them unless we just want a quick burger or
> something.
>
> Any info is appreciated.
>
> Jill

If you venture south to the Oaklawn area you might try Star Canyon for
the bone-in ribeye steak.

chillled

jmcquown wrote:

> Any other suggestions for good eats? We're probably not so much into the
> Texas-Mexican thing. We're staying in the North Addison area, at least to
> start with. Already know about the disappointing 'chains' like Applebee's,
> etc. and aren't interested in them unless we just want a quick burger or
> something.
>
> Any info is appreciated.
>
> Jill

If you venture south to the Oaklawn area you might try Star Canyon for
the bone-in ribeye steak.

TheCatinTX

If you're looking for something really upscale, The Mansion on Turtle Creek is
also in the Oaklawn area.

Or Bobs
TheCatinTX

If you're looking for something really upscale, The Mansion on Turtle Creek is
also in the Oaklawn area.

Or Bobs

Snowfeet1

If you're looking for seafood, Remington's is good and mid-price range - on
Beltline in Addison.
Snowfeet1

If you're looking for seafood, Remington's is good and mid-price range - on
Beltline in Addison.
Cindy Fuller

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. My friend
> mentioned a place he remembers from a couple of years ago. He thinks of as
> a "strip" of beautiful old Victorian homes which have been turned into
> restaurants. Anyone know what the real name of this area is and where it's
> located?
>
> Any other suggestions for good eats? We're probably not so much into the
> Texas-Mexican thing. We're staying in the North Addison area, at least to
> start with. Already know about the disappointing 'chains' like Applebee's,
> etc. and aren't interested in them unless we just want a quick burger or
> something.

Jill,

You need to get out of Addison to eat. I'm serious. The traffic is
hellacious. Oak Lawn is a good destination, as are lower Greenville
Avenue, Knox-Henderson, or McKinney Avenue. Hell, you can even try our
old stomping ground of Oak Cliff.

A few specifics:

Gloria's--Original location on Davis Ave in Oak Cliff (in a converted
gas station) or the yupscale one on Lemmon Ave in Oak Lawn. Salvadoran
(NOT Tex-Mex) food to die for.

La Calle Doce--On 12th St. (of course) in Oak Cliff. Excellent Mexican
seafood. SO used to love the "wake the dead" cocktail.

La Madeleine--It is a chain, but has excellent baked goods, SOUPS, and
salads.

Fogo de Chao--A friend of mine who flies his own plane to Addison for
business often recommended this place. Serious Argentine-style MEAT.
One Addison option.

Uncle Tai's--Another Addison option, inside the Galleria. This was my
all-time favorite Chinese restaurant for a while, but I think the
quality has diminished a bit over the years.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Cindy Fuller

In article >,
"jmcquown" > wrote:

> I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. My friend
> mentioned a place he remembers from a couple of years ago. He thinks of as
> a "strip" of beautiful old Victorian homes which have been turned into
> restaurants. Anyone know what the real name of this area is and where it's
> located?
>
> Any other suggestions for good eats? We're probably not so much into the
> Texas-Mexican thing. We're staying in the North Addison area, at least to
> start with. Already know about the disappointing 'chains' like Applebee's,
> etc. and aren't interested in them unless we just want a quick burger or
> something.

Jill,

You need to get out of Addison to eat. I'm serious. The traffic is
hellacious. Oak Lawn is a good destination, as are lower Greenville
Avenue, Knox-Henderson, or McKinney Avenue. Hell, you can even try our
old stomping ground of Oak Cliff.

A few specifics:

Gloria's--Original location on Davis Ave in Oak Cliff (in a converted
gas station) or the yupscale one on Lemmon Ave in Oak Lawn. Salvadoran
(NOT Tex-Mex) food to die for.

La Calle Doce--On 12th St. (of course) in Oak Cliff. Excellent Mexican
seafood. SO used to love the "wake the dead" cocktail.

La Madeleine--It is a chain, but has excellent baked goods, SOUPS, and
salads.

Fogo de Chao--A friend of mine who flies his own plane to Addison for
business often recommended this place. Serious Argentine-style MEAT.
One Addison option.

Uncle Tai's--Another Addison option, inside the Galleria. This was my
all-time favorite Chinese restaurant for a while, but I think the
quality has diminished a bit over the years.

Cindy

--
C.J. Fuller

Delete the obvious to email me
Dimitri

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. My friend
> mentioned a place he remembers from a couple of years ago. He thinks of

as
> a "strip" of beautiful old Victorian homes which have been turned into
> restaurants. Anyone know what the real name of this area is and where

it's
> located?
>
> Any other suggestions for good eats?

http://www.albiernats.com/

Tell'em to hold the seasoning on the steak.

Dimitri

Dimitri

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. My friend
> mentioned a place he remembers from a couple of years ago. He thinks of

as
> a "strip" of beautiful old Victorian homes which have been turned into
> restaurants. Anyone know what the real name of this area is and where

it's
> located?
>
> Any other suggestions for good eats?

http://www.albiernats.com/

Tell'em to hold the seasoning on the steak.

Dimitri

Mark Shaw

Here's a couple more suggestions: The Grape, and the Mercury
Grill. Both are really kind of special.

--
Mark Shaw contact info at homepage --> http://www.panix.com/~mshaw
"[The Blues] is the kind of music that doesn't

x-archive:no

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:46:27 -0600, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. <SNIP
>
>Any other suggestions for good eats? We're probably not so much into the
>Texas-Mexican thing. We're staying in the North Addison area, at least to
>start with. <SNIP>
>
>Jill

Addison and Beltline is the Food Corridor. Also, there are many
resturants up and down the North Dallas Toll Road north and south of
Beltline. You should have no problem finding new resturants in those
areas, but here are a few suggestions.

* Maggiano''s - Italian
6001 W. Park Blvd
Plano, TX 75093-4301
Phone: 972-781-0776 Fax: 972-781-0996
http://www.maggianos.com/locations/d...1%2E025%2E0184

* PF Chang's - Oriental
Address:
18323 North Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75287
(972) 818-3336
http://www.pfchangs.com/location/loc_code.jsp?state=tx

Ghengis Kahn Grill - Mongolia BBQ in Same Area

Tin Star - Chicken Fried Steak,etc in Same Area

* Ruth's Chris Steak House - Same Area (expensive)

* Fogo de Chao - Brazilian BBQ
15028 Beltway Drive
Addison, Texas 75001
Phone972) 960-9533 Fax: (972)960-9877
http://www.fogodechao.com/flash_index.php

Landry's Seafood - Same Area

Clay Pit - Indian, Same Area

* Del Frisco Double Eagle Steak House (Expensive)
Del Frisco's of Dallas
5251 Spring Valley Road
Dallas, Texas 75240
(972) 490-9000
http://www.delfriscos.com/locations.asp

Lawry's - Many people rave about this place, but it is not one of my
favorites.

* - Highly recommended

x-archive:no

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:46:27 -0600, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. <SNIP
>
>Any other suggestions for good eats? We're probably not so much into the
>Texas-Mexican thing. We're staying in the North Addison area, at least to
>start with. <SNIP>
>
>Jill

Addison and Beltline is the Food Corridor. Also, there are many
resturants up and down the North Dallas Toll Road north and south of
Beltline. You should have no problem finding new resturants in those
areas, but here are a few suggestions.

* Maggiano''s - Italian
6001 W. Park Blvd
Plano, TX 75093-4301
Phone: 972-781-0776 Fax: 972-781-0996
http://www.maggianos.com/locations/d...1%2E025%2E0184

* PF Chang's - Oriental
Address:
18323 North Dallas Parkway
Dallas, TX 75287
(972) 818-3336
http://www.pfchangs.com/location/loc_code.jsp?state=tx

Ghengis Kahn Grill - Mongolia BBQ in Same Area

Tin Star - Chicken Fried Steak,etc in Same Area

* Ruth's Chris Steak House - Same Area (expensive)

* Fogo de Chao - Brazilian BBQ
15028 Beltway Drive
Addison, Texas 75001
Phone972) 960-9533 Fax: (972)960-9877
http://www.fogodechao.com/flash_index.php

Landry's Seafood - Same Area

Clay Pit - Indian, Same Area

* Del Frisco Double Eagle Steak House (Expensive)
Del Frisco's of Dallas
5251 Spring Valley Road
Dallas, Texas 75240
(972) 490-9000
http://www.delfriscos.com/locations.asp

Lawry's - Many people rave about this place, but it is not one of my
favorites.

* - Highly recommended
jmcquown

Sheryl Rosen wrote:
> in article , jmcquown at
> wrote on 3/26/04 7:52 PM:
>
>> Sheryl Rosen wrote:
>>> in article
, Steve Wertz at

lid wrote on 3/25/04 11:15 PM:

> [...]

Who still hasn't realized I've killfiled him in all of his incarnations.

>>> Yeah, either here or the cats ng.
>>> Better them, I guess.

Got some great directions from Liz, thanks.

>>> I'm guessing this isn't Ray she's visiting. She's being unusually
>>> cryptic, for her. Maybe she's learned something?????

>> And you're just dying to know, aren't you? LOL

> Oh PULLEEEZE! NEWSFLASH!!!!
> Most people's worlds, including mine, do not revolve around you and
> your pathetic life in front of the computer screen.
> But it's nice to see that you'll actually be interacting with someone
> in person. Good For You!

Heh, I interact more than you know.

>> At any rate, if when I return I choose to post about good meals at
>> good restaurants or bad meals at bad restaurants, it is my
>> perogative. Seems like folks like you, and Barb and many others do
>> the same all the time.

> Hello? That's what this newsgroup is for.
> Don't tell me you're bitching about people posting ON topic!!!

Was I bitching? No, I was responding to the squirtz need to criticize my
posting about restaurants.

> You are a piece of work, Jill. Really.

> Anyway, do have a safe trip. (Seriously. I may not like you very much
> but I certainly don't wish you any harm).

Thank you. It will be a very nice trip. Persia will be seriously upset
with me for boarding her, but there is nothing else I can do.

Jill

jmcquown

Sheryl Rosen wrote:
> in article , jmcquown at
> wrote on 3/26/04 7:52 PM:
>
>> Sheryl Rosen wrote:
>>> in article
, Steve Wertz at

lid wrote on 3/25/04 11:15 PM:

Who still hasn't realized I've killfiled him in all of his incarnations.

>>> Yeah, either here or the cats ng.
>>> Better them, I guess.

Got some great directions from Liz, thanks.

>>> I'm guessing this isn't Ray she's visiting. She's being unusually
>>> cryptic, for her. Maybe she's learned something?????

>> And you're just dying to know, aren't you? LOL

> Oh PULLEEEZE! NEWSFLASH!!!!
> Most people's worlds, including mine, do not revolve around you and
> your pathetic life in front of the computer screen.
> But it's nice to see that you'll actually be interacting with someone
> in person. Good For You!

Heh, I interact more than you know.

>> At any rate, if when I return I choose to post about good meals at
>> good restaurants or bad meals at bad restaurants, it is my
>> perogative. Seems like folks like you, and Barb and many others do
>> the same all the time.

> Hello? That's what this newsgroup is for.
> Don't tell me you're bitching about people posting ON topic!!!

Was I bitching? No, I was responding to the squirtz need to criticize my
posting about restaurants.

> You are a piece of work, Jill. Really.

> Anyway, do have a safe trip. (Seriously. I may not like you very much
> but I certainly don't wish you any harm).

Thank you. It will be a very nice trip. Persia will be seriously upset
with me for boarding her, but there is nothing else I can do.

Jill

Gregory Morrow

Sheryl Rosen wrote:

> You are a piece of work, Jill. Really.

Sheryl, why is it that I don't think that you don't take your religion very
seriously...hmmmm...???

Just so you know, being a good Jew is a *very* serious deal. I get the
impression that you are one of these "buffet Jews", e.g. you pick and choose
from all the fun things that Judaism entails such as listening to Molly
Picon records, meeting the gang at Sammy's Roumanian, and watching _Marjorie
Morningstar_. But when it comes down to the "brass tacks" of being
observant IMNSHO you fall kinda short....

IOW you are kinda louche when it comes down to doing the hard spiritual work
of adhering to a belief system. And that includes in the realm of kindness
and forgiving....

It would behoove you to reconsider things and consult a Rabbi...a wise man
such as Him would be I'm sure delighted to give you some spiritual tips and
hints and such....

Your dialogue might go something like this:

Sheryl: "Rabbi, how can I better honour my religious heritage?"

Rabbi: "Sheryl, my daughter, the first thing you should do is put the
kibbosh on pork chops and cheeze borgers....and then you should strive to
not be a tumultulous and gabbing woman. Modesty is the watchword - so cover
your head and be humble...seek ye fulfillment not in strife but in calm...."

I think that if you had some more rigorous religious structure in your life,
you would be *quite* a bit happier...the discipline most likely would do you
good, dear :-)

Try it you might like it...!!!

I wish you all good things in your quest for happiness :-)

--
Best
Greg :-)

Gregory Morrow

Sheryl Rosen wrote:

> You are a piece of work, Jill. Really.

Sheryl, why is it that I don't think that you don't take your religion very
seriously...hmmmm...???

Just so you know, being a good Jew is a *very* serious deal. I get the
impression that you are one of these "buffet Jews", e.g. you pick and choose
from all the fun things that Judaism entails such as listening to Molly
Picon records, meeting the gang at Sammy's Roumanian, and watching _Marjorie
Morningstar_. But when it comes down to the "brass tacks" of being
observant IMNSHO you fall kinda short....

IOW you are kinda louche when it comes down to doing the hard spiritual work
of adhering to a belief system. And that includes in the realm of kindness
and forgiving....

It would behoove you to reconsider things and consult a Rabbi...a wise man
such as Him would be I'm sure delighted to give you some spiritual tips and
hints and such....

Your dialogue might go something like this:

Sheryl: "Rabbi, how can I better honour my religious heritage?"

Rabbi: "Sheryl, my daughter, the first thing you should do is put the
kibbosh on pork chops and cheeze borgers....and then you should strive to
not be a tumultulous and gabbing woman. Modesty is the watchword - so cover
your head and be humble...seek ye fulfillment not in strife but in calm...."

I think that if you had some more rigorous religious structure in your life,
you would be *quite* a bit happier...the discipline most likely would do you
good, dear :-)

Try it you might like it...!!!

I wish you all good things in your quest for happiness :-)

--
Best
Greg :-)

jmcquown

x-archive:no wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:46:27 -0600, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:
>
>> I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. <SNIP
>>
>> Any other suggestions for good eats? We're probably not so much
>> into the Texas-Mexican thing. We're staying in the North Addison
>> area, at least to start with. <SNIP>
>>
>> Jill

> Addison and Beltline is the Food Corridor. Also, there are many
> resturants up and down the North Dallas Toll Road north and south of
> Beltline. You should have no problem finding new resturants in those
> areas, but here are a few suggestions.
>
> * Maggiano''s - Italian
> 6001 W. Park Blvd
> Plano, TX 75093-4301
> Phone: 972-781-0776 Fax: 972-781-0996
> http://www.maggianos.com/locations/d...1%2E025%2E0184
>
> * PF Chang's - Oriental

Thank you for the recommendations. I can only say, we have a PF Chang's
here in town and am less than impressed with it. The food sucked and so did
the service. Also have a Ruth's Chris and ditto. May give the other places
a shot; seafood is of special interest Thanks!

Jill

jmcquown

x-archive:no wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:46:27 -0600, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:
>
>> I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. <SNIP
>>
>> Any other suggestions for good eats? We're probably not so much
>> into the Texas-Mexican thing. We're staying in the North Addison
>> area, at least to start with. <SNIP>
>>
>> Jill

> Addison and Beltline is the Food Corridor. Also, there are many
> resturants up and down the North Dallas Toll Road north and south of
> Beltline. You should have no problem finding new resturants in those
> areas, but here are a few suggestions.
>
> * Maggiano''s - Italian
> 6001 W. Park Blvd
> Plano, TX 75093-4301
> Phone: 972-781-0776 Fax: 972-781-0996
> http://www.maggianos.com/locations/d...1%2E025%2E0184
>
> * PF Chang's - Oriental

Thank you for the recommendations. I can only say, we have a PF Chang's
here in town and am less than impressed with it. The food sucked and so did
the service. Also have a Ruth's Chris and ditto. May give the other places
a shot; seafood is of special interest Thanks!

Jill

modom

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:46:27 -0600, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. My friend
>mentioned a place he remembers from a couple of years ago. He thinks of as
>a "strip" of beautiful old Victorian homes which have been turned into
>restaurants. Anyone know what the real name of this area is and where it's
>located?
>
>Any other suggestions for good eats? We're probably not so much into the
>Texas-Mexican thing. We're staying in the North Addison area, at least to
>start with. Already know about the disappointing 'chains' like Applebee's,
>etc. and aren't interested in them unless we just want a quick burger or
>something.
>
>Any info is appreciated.
>
>Jill

http://guidelive.com/section/restaurants/

modom
modom

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:46:27 -0600, "jmcquown"
> wrote:

>I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas. My friend
>mentioned a place he remembers from a couple of years ago. He thinks of as
>a "strip" of beautiful old Victorian homes which have been turned into
>restaurants. Anyone know what the real name of this area is and where it's
>located?
>
>Any other suggestions for good eats? We're probably not so much into the
>Texas-Mexican thing. We're staying in the North Addison area, at least to
>start with. Already know about the disappointing 'chains' like Applebee's,
>etc. and aren't interested in them unless we just want a quick burger or
>something.
>
>Any info is appreciated.
>
>Jill

http://guidelive.com/section/restaurants/

modom
jmcquown

modom wrote:
> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 18:46:27 -0600, "jmcquown"
> > wrote:
>
>> I'm leaving next Tuesday on my 5 day excursion to Dallas.
>> Any info is appreciated.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> http://guidelive.com/section/restaurants/
>

> modom