Default BEEF !

We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.

I'd love to stop at one of these fabled
southwest beef-a-teria's and try a 4lb steak.

Any suggestions ?

<rj>
zxcvbob

<RJ> wrote:

> We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
> that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
>
> I'd love to stop at one of these fabled
> southwest beef-a-teria's and try a 4lb steak.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> <rj>

What's that old famous one on Route-66? It's probably near Amarillo.
Lessee if I can find it...

Bob
zxcvbob

<RJ> wrote:

> We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
> that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
>
> I'd love to stop at one of these fabled
> southwest beef-a-teria's and try a 4lb steak.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> <rj>

What's that old famous one on Route-66? It's probably near Amarillo.
Lessee if I can find it...

Bob
zxcvbob

zxcvbob wrote:

> <RJ> wrote:
>
>> We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
>> that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
>>
>> I'd love to stop at one of these fabled southwest beef-a-teria's and
>> try a 4lb steak.
>>
>> Any suggestions ?
>>
>> <rj>

> What's that old famous one on Route-66? It's probably near Amarillo.
> Lessee if I can find it...
>
> Bob

Here it is. The "Big Texan", in Amarillo.
http://www.unm.edu/~ehpp/route66%20amarillo%2025.htm

-bob

"I saw miles and miles of Texas..."
zxcvbob

zxcvbob wrote:

> <RJ> wrote:
>
>> We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
>> that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
>>
>> I'd love to stop at one of these fabled southwest beef-a-teria's and
>> try a 4lb steak.
>>
>> Any suggestions ?
>>
>> <rj>

> What's that old famous one on Route-66? It's probably near Amarillo.
> Lessee if I can find it...
>
> Bob

Here it is. The "Big Texan", in Amarillo.
http://www.unm.edu/~ehpp/route66%20amarillo%2025.htm

-bob

"I saw miles and miles of Texas..."

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:53:21 -0600, zxcvbob >
wrote:

>zxcvbob wrote:
>
>> <RJ> wrote:
>>
>>> We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
>>> that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
>>>
>>> I'd love to stop at one of these fabled southwest beef-a-teria's and
>>> try a 4lb steak.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions ?
>>>
>>> <rj>

>> What's that old famous one on Route-66? It's probably near Amarillo.
>> Lessee if I can find it...
>>
>> Bob

>Here it is. The "Big Texan", in Amarillo.
>http://www.unm.edu/~ehpp/route66%20amarillo%2025.htm

PERFECT !

I googled it; www.bigtexan.com

Looks like a definite "must stop" place.
Thanks for the info.
<rj>

wrote:

>zxcvbob wrote:
>
>> <RJ> wrote:
>>
>>> We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
>>> that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
>>>
>>> I'd love to stop at one of these fabled southwest beef-a-teria's and
>>> try a 4lb steak.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions ?
>>>
>>> <rj>

>> What's that old famous one on Route-66? It's probably near Amarillo.
>> Lessee if I can find it...
>>
>> Bob

>Here it is. The "Big Texan", in Amarillo.
>http://www.unm.edu/~ehpp/route66%20amarillo%2025.htm

PERFECT !

I googled it; www.bigtexan.com

Looks like a definite "must stop" place.
Thanks for the info.
<rj>
PENMART01

>sqwertz@clueless
>
>>zxcvbob wrote:

>>> What's that old famous one on Route-66? It's probably near Amarillo.
>>> Lessee if I can find it...

>>Here it is. The "Big Texan", in Amarillo.
>>http://www.unm.edu/~ehpp/route66%20amarillo%2025.htm

>If I recall correctly it's a top sirloin 'steak', which doesn't
>qualify as a steak in my book. If I'm gonna eat - what - 72(?)
>ounces of beef, it's gonna be a cut that I like since I may be
>having to pay for it in the long run.

Hmm, sqwertz is a tube steak gobbler.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

>sqwertz@clueless
>
>>zxcvbob wrote:

>>> What's that old famous one on Route-66? It's probably near Amarillo.
>>> Lessee if I can find it...

>>Here it is. The "Big Texan", in Amarillo.
>>http://www.unm.edu/~ehpp/route66%20amarillo%2025.htm

>If I recall correctly it's a top sirloin 'steak', which doesn't
>qualify as a steak in my book. If I'm gonna eat - what - 72(?)
>ounces of beef, it's gonna be a cut that I like since I may be
>having to pay for it in the long run.

Hmm, sqwertz is a tube steak gobbler.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

K. Reece

"<RJ>" > wrote in message

> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:53:21 -0600, zxcvbob >
> wrote:
>
> >zxcvbob wrote:

> >> What's that old famous one on Route-66? It's probably near Amarillo.
> >> Lessee if I can find it...
> >>
> >> Bob

> >Here it is. The "Big Texan", in Amarillo.
> >http://www.unm.edu/~ehpp/route66%20amarillo%2025.htm
> >

> PERFECT !
>
> I googled it; www.bigtexan.com
>
> Looks like a definite "must stop" place.
> Thanks for the info.
> <rj>

Keep in mind that you have to eat the *entire* dinner in under an hour to
get the meal free. I think it comes with baked potato, a vegetable and
shrimp cocktail and probably rolls and salad. I don't remember if you have
to eat the rolls too or not.

Good luck.

Kathy

K. Reece

"<RJ>" > wrote in message

> On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 15:53:21 -0600, zxcvbob >
> wrote:
>
> >zxcvbob wrote:

> >> What's that old famous one on Route-66? It's probably near Amarillo.
> >> Lessee if I can find it...
> >>
> >> Bob

> >Here it is. The "Big Texan", in Amarillo.
> >http://www.unm.edu/~ehpp/route66%20amarillo%2025.htm
> >

> PERFECT !
>
> I googled it; www.bigtexan.com
>
> Looks like a definite "must stop" place.
> Thanks for the info.
> <rj>

Keep in mind that you have to eat the *entire* dinner in under an hour to
get the meal free. I think it comes with baked potato, a vegetable and
shrimp cocktail and probably rolls and salad. I don't remember if you have
to eat the rolls too or not.

Good luck.

Kathy

Nancy Dooley

"<RJ>" > wrote in message >. ..
> We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
> that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
>
> I'd love to stop at one of these fabled
> southwest beef-a-teria's and try a 4lb steak.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> <rj>

Yeah, if you're looking for GOOD beef (quality over quantity), come a
little farther north .... >;-)

N.
Nancy Dooley

"<RJ>" > wrote in message >. ..
> We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
> that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
>
> I'd love to stop at one of these fabled
> southwest beef-a-teria's and try a 4lb steak.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> <rj>

Yeah, if you're looking for GOOD beef (quality over quantity), come a
little farther north .... >;-)

N.
Jack Schidt®

"<RJ>" > wrote in message
> We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
> that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
>
> I'd love to stop at one of these fabled
> southwest beef-a-teria's and try a 4lb steak.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> <rj>

If you've never been, try it for reasons of the road but don't expect this
melt in your mouth wunnaful steak. Don't ask me how I know this...

Jack Sprat

Jack Schidt®

"<RJ>" > wrote in message
> We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
> that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
>
> I'd love to stop at one of these fabled
> southwest beef-a-teria's and try a 4lb steak.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> <rj>

If you've never been, try it for reasons of the road but don't expect this
melt in your mouth wunnaful steak. Don't ask me how I know this...

Jack Sprat

K. Reece

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
om...

> "<RJ>" > wrote in message
> > We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
> > that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
> >
> > I'd love to stop at one of these fabled
> > southwest beef-a-teria's and try a 4lb steak.
> >
> > Any suggestions ?
> >
> > <rj>

> If you've never been, try it for reasons of the road but don't expect this
> melt in your mouth wunnaful steak. Don't ask me how I know this...
>
> Jack Sprat

There's another steak place a few blocks or so to the east of the Big Texan
that has really good steaks. I can't remember the name of the place though,
seems like it has something to do with a barn.

Kathy

K. Reece

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in message
om...

> "<RJ>" > wrote in message
> > We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
> > that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
> >
> > I'd love to stop at one of these fabled
> > southwest beef-a-teria's and try a 4lb steak.
> >
> > Any suggestions ?
> >
> > <rj>

> If you've never been, try it for reasons of the road but don't expect this
> melt in your mouth wunnaful steak. Don't ask me how I know this...
>
> Jack Sprat

There's another steak place a few blocks or so to the east of the Big Texan
that has really good steaks. I can't remember the name of the place though,
seems like it has something to do with a barn.

Kathy

zxcvbob

Jack Schidt® wrote:

> "<RJ>" > wrote in message
>
>>We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
>>that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
>>
>>I'd love to stop at one of these fabled
>>southwest beef-a-teria's and try a 4lb steak.
>>
>>Any suggestions ?
>>
>><rj>

> If you've never been, try it for reasons of the road but don't expect this
> melt in your mouth wunnaful steak. Don't ask me how I know this...
>
> Jack Sprat

So, did you finish it in an hour?

-Bob
zxcvbob

Jack Schidt® wrote:

> "<RJ>" > wrote in message
>
>>We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
>>that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
>>
>>I'd love to stop at one of these fabled
>>southwest beef-a-teria's and try a 4lb steak.
>>
>>Any suggestions ?
>>
>><rj>

> If you've never been, try it for reasons of the road but don't expect this
> melt in your mouth wunnaful steak. Don't ask me how I know this...
>
> Jack Sprat

So, did you finish it in an hour?

-Bob
Jack Schidt®

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> Jack Schidt® wrote:
>
> > "<RJ>" > wrote in message
> >
> >>We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
> >>that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
> >>
> >>I'd love to stop at one of these fabled
> >>southwest beef-a-teria's and try a 4lb steak.
> >>
> >>Any suggestions ?
> >>
> >><rj>

> > If you've never been, try it for reasons of the road but don't expect

this
> > melt in your mouth wunnaful steak. Don't ask me how I know this...
> >
> > Jack Sprat
> >

> So, did you finish it in an hour?
>
> -Bob

Hi, Bob! No, I didn't finish, didn't want to. I thought the food was
mediocre. It's one of those things I'm glad I did once so I never have to
do it again.

Jaxperienced

Jack Schidt®

"zxcvbob" > wrote in message
> Jack Schidt® wrote:
>
> > "<RJ>" > wrote in message
> >
> >>We'll be taking a road trip on I-40
> >>that takes us through Okla, Tex, NM, and Ariz.
> >>
> >>I'd love to stop at one of these fabled
> >>southwest beef-a-teria's and try a 4lb steak.
> >>
> >>Any suggestions ?
> >>
> >><rj>

> > If you've never been, try it for reasons of the road but don't expect

this
> > melt in your mouth wunnaful steak. Don't ask me how I know this...
> >
> > Jack Sprat
> >

> So, did you finish it in an hour?
>
> -Bob

Hi, Bob! No, I didn't finish, didn't want to. I thought the food was
mediocre. It's one of those things I'm glad I did once so I never have to
do it again.

Jaxperienced

Tamara Lim

The best steak I've had was at a little place in Montana named Spencers. It
was in the country and you have to drive a ways to get there. However, in
Salt Lake City there is a steakhouse named Spencers as well, but I believe
it is a fine dining restaurant.

I comfortably polished off a 14oz porterhouse steak with spagetti, it was
just that good!