cisunix

Default Jambalya Help

Does anyone have a recipe for large qty for a BOY SCOUT fundraiser

Julia Altshuler

cisunix wrote:
> Does anyone have a recipe for large qty for a BOY SCOUT fundraiser

Recipes will be found all over the web. Since none of the amounts are
exact, jambalaya is a dish that multiplies easily. In other words, it
won't matter if you use a little more sausage or a little less crawfish.

My concern is about refrigeration. The standard ingredients for
jambalaya include loads of shellfish. That's not something you want
hanging around, even after it is cooked, without the temperature being
exactly right. You can't just cook it and let it cool down for several
hours. You can't use your home refrigerator which might not get back
down to 34 degrees immediately. You're going to have to be especially
careful when making jambalaya for a crowd.

--Lia

Julia Altshuler

cisunix wrote:
> Does anyone have a recipe for large qty for a BOY SCOUT fundraiser

Recipes will be found all over the web. Since none of the amounts are
exact, jambalaya is a dish that multiplies easily. In other words, it
won't matter if you use a little more sausage or a little less crawfish.

My concern is about refrigeration. The standard ingredients for
jambalaya include loads of shellfish. That's not something you want
hanging around, even after it is cooked, without the temperature being
exactly right. You can't just cook it and let it cool down for several
hours. You can't use your home refrigerator which might not get back
down to 34 degrees immediately. You're going to have to be especially
careful when making jambalaya for a crowd.

--Lia

Dimitri

"cisunix" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have a recipe for large qty for a BOY SCOUT fundraiser

Sure - here is a recipe for 100.

http://nll3.navsup.navy.mil/docs/recipe/L09700.pdf

Dimitri

Dimitri

"cisunix" > wrote in message
> Does anyone have a recipe for large qty for a BOY SCOUT fundraiser

Sure - here is a recipe for 100.

http://nll3.navsup.navy.mil/docs/recipe/L09700.pdf

Dimitri

Pan Ohco

On Mon, 22 Mar 2004 12:41:04 -0600, "cisunix" >
wrote:

>Does anyone have a recipe for large qty for a BOY SCOUT fundraiser

try this

Jambalaya for 200

20 pounds crawfish tails
20 pounds Andouille
20 pounds chicken
20 pounds rice
20 pounds onions
2 bunches green onions
2 bell peppers
I box salt
I and 1/2 bottles Louisiana Hot Sauce
2 pods garlic
5 ounces black pepper

Makes 20 gallons of jambalaya, enough for "200 hungry
people or 20 Cajuns, whichever gets there first."

Pan Ohco
Pan Ohco

wrote:

>Does anyone have a recipe for large qty for a BOY SCOUT fundraiser

try this

Jambalaya for 200

20 pounds crawfish tails
20 pounds Andouille
20 pounds chicken
20 pounds rice
20 pounds onions
2 bunches green onions
2 bell peppers
I box salt
I and 1/2 bottles Louisiana Hot Sauce
2 pods garlic
5 ounces black pepper

Makes 20 gallons of jambalaya, enough for "200 hungry
people or 20 Cajuns, whichever gets there first."

Pan Ohco
sueb

Julia Altshuler > wrote in message news:<QsH7c.61502$po.555988@attbi_s52>...
> cisunix wrote:
> > Does anyone have a recipe for large qty for a BOY SCOUT fundraiser

> Recipes will be found all over the web. Since none of the amounts are
> exact, jambalaya is a dish that multiplies easily. In other words, it
> won't matter if you use a little more sausage or a little less crawfish.
>

> My concern is about refrigeration. The standard ingredients for
> jambalaya include loads of shellfish. That's not something you want
> hanging around, even after it is cooked, without the temperature being
> exactly right. You can't just cook it and let it cool down for several
> hours. You can't use your home refrigerator which might not get back
> down to 34 degrees immediately. You're going to have to be especially
> careful when making jambalaya for a crowd.

Jambalaya doesn't have to contain seafood. You need the sausage and
the rice has to be cooked with the dish. I've got a great chicken
jambalaya recipe from Justin Wilson's first cookbook (from the '50s).

It's a relatively quick dish to cook. I wouldn't think you would have
a lot of hang time with it.

Susan B.

sueb