The Ranger

Default [Recipe] Red Potatoes Roasted with Onions, Thyme and Sherry Vinegar

These were a solid hit and will enter into Clan Ranger's regular meal
rotation. The caramelized onions are delish!

Red Potatoes Roasted with Onions, Thyme and Sherry Vinegar

INGREDIENTS:
2 lb. small red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
2 Lg. red onions
3 Tbs. OO
3 Tbs. sherry vinegar
3 Tbs. Thyme, fresh
1 tsp. Kosher Salt
Pinch of Pepper, freshly ground

METHOD:
Position rack in center of oven; preheat to 425°F.

Trim root ends of the onions, leaving enough core to keep the onion
wedges together. Trim the other end and cut the onions into eighths.

In a medium bowl, combine onions, potatoes, OO, and sherry vinegar;
season with salt and pepper. Toss and coat well. Spread the vegetables
and any remaining liquid onto a rimmed baking sheet*. Make sure all
potatoes are cut-side down.

Roast until cut-sides are crusty and golden brown; approx. 35 minutes.
Turn potatoes and onions; sprinkle with thyme and return to oven to
brown another five minutes. Taste and season with more salt if
necessary.

* I used a 9"X13"X2" Pyrex glass casserole dish.

Puester

The Ranger wrote:
> These were a solid hit and will enter into Clan Ranger's regular meal
> rotation. The caramelized onions are delish!
>
> Red Potatoes Roasted with Onions, Thyme and Sherry Vinegar
>
> INGREDIENTS:
> 2 lb. small red potatoes, scrubbed and halved
> 2 Lg. red onions
> 3 Tbs. OO
> 3 Tbs. sherry vinegar
> 3 Tbs. Thyme, fresh
> 1 tsp. Kosher Salt
> Pinch of Pepper, freshly ground

My family likes this with mushrooms, and rosemary instead of thyme.
We often cook this on the outdoor grille in one of those metal baskets
with holes. Zucchini and red and green peppers are also a nice addition.

gloria p
sandy

Sherry Vinegar Jamey Historic 0 13-08-2008 06:03 PM
Sardinian meat stew with potatoes and onions recipe asd[_2_] General Cooking 1 22-08-2007 09:30 PM
Grill-Roasted Peppers with Sherry Vinegar, Green Olives and Capers Vicki Beausoleil Diabetic 0 18-04-2004 10:56 AM
Roasted Red Onions and Wilted Spinach with Sweet Potatoes MrFalafel Vegan 0 27-10-2003 02:48 PM