FoodBanter.com

-   -   Fort Lauderdale - gourmet groceries? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/54212-fort-lauderdale-gourmet-groceries.html)

jpoconnor 14-02-2005 04:10 PM

Fort Lauderdale - gourmet groceries?

I'm new to the fort lauderdale area and was wondering if anyone could
steer me in the direction of a gourmet grocery store...having come from
the tri-state area i'm used to HUGE stores like wegmans that carry
anything imaginable...if anyone could help me i'd appreciate it a
lot...thanks - john

pavane 14-02-2005 06:46 PM

"jpoconnor" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm new to the fort lauderdale area and was wondering if anyone could
> steer me in the direction of a gourmet grocery store...having come from
> the tri-state area i'm used to HUGE stores like wegmans that carry
> anything imaginable...if anyone could help me i'd appreciate it a
> lot...thanks - john

There should be a couple of Whole Foods Markets within
driving distance. They would be good for a start although
they are more natural foods than gourmet foods. Their
website is www.wholefoods.com and talking to their
customers should be fun.

pavane

Shelley Wall 14-02-2005 07:59 PM

"jpoconnor" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm new to the fort lauderdale area and was wondering if anyone could
> steer me in the direction of a gourmet grocery store...having come from
> the tri-state area i'm used to HUGE stores like wegmans that carry
> anything imaginable...if anyone could help me i'd appreciate it a
> lot...thanks - john

Do you know where Pembroke Pines is? Located there is a Fresh Market, at
the corner of Sheridan and Flamingo Rd. Fresh Market has a lot in the way of
gourmet type groceries, and has a fantastic bakery section. If you want
Italian there is Doris' Market on Pines Blvd and another in Hollywood.
There are multiple Whole Foods around as well, but I'm exactly sure where
they are located. I'm sure you can do a search on their website though.

Hope this helps!

Shelley