Patt

Default cream of wheat

Can someone offer up instructions for cooking cream of wheat in the
microwave, so it doesn`t end up a ball of glue in the bottom of the bowl.
Thanks.
Patt

Top Spin

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 05:17:02 GMT, "Patt" > wrote:

>Can someone offer up instructions for cooking cream of wheat in the
>microwave, so it doesn`t end up a ball of glue in the bottom of the bowl.
>Thanks.
>Patt

Either use a lower setting or stop it and stir it every 20-30 seconds
or so. It doesn't take that long to cook.

--
Hitachi HB-A101 bread machine, 1 pound
Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
(01/10/05)
TINY

I get those little bags and it's 2/3 cup of milk or water and cook on high
for 2 minutes
"Top Spin" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 05:17:02 GMT, "Patt" > wrote:
>
>>Can someone offer up instructions for cooking cream of wheat in the
>>microwave, so it doesn`t end up a ball of glue in the bottom of the bowl.
>>Thanks.
>>Patt

> Either use a lower setting or stop it and stir it every 20-30 seconds
> or so. It doesn't take that long to cook.
>
> --
> Hitachi HB-A101 bread machine, 1 pound
> Email: Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
> (01/10/05)

Damsel in dis Dress

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 05:17:02 GMT, "Patt" > wrote:

>Can someone offer up instructions for cooking cream of wheat in the
>microwave, so it doesn`t end up a ball of glue in the bottom of the bowl.

It helps if you stop and stir it every 30 seconds.

Carol

Damsel in dis Dress

On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 06:27:48 GMT, "TINY" > wrote:

>I get those little bags and it's 2/3 cup of milk or water and cook on high
>for 2 minutes

Careful if you use milk. Foams all over creation when I've done it.

Carol

-L.

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Feb 2005 05:17:02 GMT, "Patt" > wrote:
>
> >Can someone offer up instructions for cooking cream of wheat in the
> >microwave, so it doesn`t end up a ball of glue in the bottom of the

bowl.

> It helps if you stop and stir it every 30 seconds.
>
> Carol

Put in some cardamom, brown sugar and orange zest. Yum!

-L.

The regular stuff (the 10 minutes on the stovetop variety) takes about
3 minutes stirring every 30 seconds for, at least, the last two
minutes. That's in my older model microwave. It might not take as
long in newer models. I believe the ratio is 3 tbsp cereal to 1 cup
water (or it could be 2/3 cup).

Heidi