Old 04-02-2005, 09:25 PM
Michael Odom

Default Male Toes

A Chinese neighbor asked if he could pick up pecans in my front yard
back in the fall. He's from Taiwan and wanted to take some back to
his family for the holidays. I said sure. There were plenty for all
of us.

A couple of days ago, he brough over some candies his wife had made,
explaining that she was just back from the old country and wanted to
share some goodies with us. I believe it was a thank-you gift in
return for the pecans. His English is pretty weak and I have no
Chinese at all. Communication was less than perfect, but as far as I
can tell, he called the candies "male toes." The were like slightly
chewy peanut nougut sticks.

Male toes?

modom

"Dallas is a rich man with a death wish in his eyes."
-- Jimmie Dale Gilmore

Old 04-02-2005, 10:04 PM
GoombaP

Maeldo-shi is a Chinese candy made from unrefined sugar, soybeans, cow urine
and a binding agent, usually arrowroot. Very popular around Chinese New
Year.

Old 04-02-2005, 11:39 PM
Doug Freyburger

Michael Odom wrote:

A Chinese neighbor asked if he could pick up pecans in my front yard
back in the fall. He's from Taiwan and wanted to take some back to
his family for the holidays. I said sure. There were plenty for all
of us.

A couple of days ago, he brough over some candies his wife had made,
explaining that she was just back from the old country and wanted to
share some goodies with us. I believe it was a thank-you gift in
return for the pecans. His English is pretty weak and I have no
Chinese at all. Communication was less than perfect, but as far as I
can tell, he called the candies "male toes." The were like slightly
chewy peanut nougut sticks.

Male toes?

Very confused version of lady fingers. ;^)

Old 05-02-2005, 12:27 AM
Vox Humana

"Doug Freyburger" wrote in message
oups.com...
Michael Odom wrote:

A Chinese neighbor asked if he could pick up pecans in my front yard
back in the fall. He's from Taiwan and wanted to take some back to
his family for the holidays. I said sure. There were plenty for all
of us.

A couple of days ago, he brough over some candies his wife had made,
explaining that she was just back from the old country and wanted to
share some goodies with us. I believe it was a thank-you gift in
return for the pecans. His English is pretty weak and I have no
Chinese at all. Communication was less than perfect, but as far as I
can tell, he called the candies "male toes." The were like slightly
chewy peanut nougut sticks.

Male toes?

Very confused version of lady fingers. ;^)

Maybe he said they were a regional version of Mentos

Old 05-02-2005, 12:30 AM
Damsel in dis Dress

On Sat, 5 Feb 2005 06:04:54 +0900, "GoombaP"
wrote:

Maeldo-shi is a Chinese candy made from unrefined sugar, soybeans, cow urine
and a binding agent, usually arrowroot.

Yummmmmmmmm, cow urine! G

Carol