FoodBanter.com

-   -   Fresh Sage & Dry: Equivalents? (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/53013-fresh-sage-dry-equivalents.html)

Al Fresco 31-01-2005 04:58 PM

Fresh Sage & Dry: Equivalents?

If I have a recipe that calls for sage, and I decide to use fresh sage
instead of dried, what's the conversion ratio?

Wayne Boatwright 31-01-2005 05:18 PM

On Mon 31 Jan 2005 08:58:26a, Al Fresco wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> If I have a recipe that calls for sage, and I decide to use fresh sage
> instead of dried, what's the conversion ratio?

As with most fresh/dried herbs, 3/1.

Wayne

Gal Called J.J. 31-01-2005 05:45 PM

One time on Usenet, Al Fresco > said:

> If I have a recipe that calls for sage, and I decide to use fresh sage
> instead of dried, what's the conversion ratio?

I don't know about sage in particular, but I seem to recall that one
tablespoon of fresh herbs equals one teaspoon of dried. Can anyone
verify this?

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"You still haven't explained why the pool is