Margaret Suran

Default Mushroom Tartlets For Your Super Bowl Party

MUSHROOM TARTLETS

CRUST

4 oz. cream cheese

1 stick sweet butter

1 cup all purpose flour

A pinch of salt

Cream cream cheese and butter until fluffy and add flour and salt.
Knead gently until incorporated and dough is formed. Wrap in waxed
paper and refrigerate until stiff.

Roll out dough until thin, one half at a time on floured pastry cloth
with floured rolling pin. Cut into circles with 2 1/2 cookie cutter
and line mini fluted tartlet pans with the rounds of dough, pushing it
in with your fingers. Dull aluminum pans are preferred to shiny tin
ones. You should have enough dough circles for 24 pans.

Put the prepared pans on a cookie sheet and freeze while you prepare
the filling.

FILLING

1/2 lb white or cremini mushrooms, finely chopped

1/2 cup finely minced onion

4 tablespoons butter

2 tablespoons flour

2 tablespoons heavy cream

1 egg yolk

1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese

salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.

Sauté the onions and mushrooms in the butter until the onions are
transparent and the mushrooms give off their liquid. Raise the heat
and cook quickly until most of the liquid in the pan has evaporated.
Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and onions, to absorb the rest
of the liquid. Lower heat and add the cream.

Remove from heat and stir in the egg yolk and cheese. Taste for
seasoning, if needed add salt and pepper and fill the prepared tartlet
pans.

Put into oven on lowest shelf and bake for ten minutes. Lower the
heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for another ten minutes or
until edges of the tartlets are nicely browned.

Remove from oven and carefully remove each tartlet with the help of
the tip of a knife.

Serve hot.

Yield, 24 tartlets

kilikini

Margaret Suran wrote:

> MUSHROOM TARTLETS

(recipe snipped)

Yum! Recipe saved for future use. Thanks, Margaret!

kili

Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, "kilikini" > said:
> Margaret Suran wrote:
>
> > MUSHROOM TARTLETS
> >

> (recipe snipped)
>
> Yum! Recipe saved for future use. Thanks, Margaret!

My thoughts exactly... :-)

--
J.J. in WA ~ mom, vid gamer, novice cook ~
"You still haven't explained why the pool is
TheAlligator

Margaret Suran > wrote:

>MUSHROOM TARTLETS

Thanks, Margaret. I love easy stuff, and it sounds great.
sf

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:13:38 GMT, "kilikini"
> wrote:

> Margaret Suran wrote:
>
> > MUSHROOM TARTLETS
> >

> (recipe snipped)
>
> Yum! Recipe saved for future use. Thanks, Margaret!

Shoot, I missed it...

sf

-L.

Margaret Suran wrote:
> MUSHROOM TARTLETS

<Snip>

Did I read that correctly - you fill the tartlets while the dough is
still frozen?

-L.

Gal Called J.J.

One time on Usenet, said:
> On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:13:38 GMT, "kilikini"
> > wrote:
>
> > Margaret Suran wrote:
> >
> > > MUSHROOM TARTLETS
> > >

> > (recipe snipped)
> >
> > Yum! Recipe saved for future use. Thanks, Margaret!
> >

> Shoot, I missed it...

Here ya go...

[...]

Katra

I had missed this as well, thanks! :-)
They sound fabulous!

--
K.

Sprout the MungBean to reply

"I don't like to commit myself about heaven and hell‹you
see, I have friends in both places." --Mark Twain
sf

Thanks, sweetie pie... I didn't snip it so others (like me)
won't have to ask you again.

LOL

```````````````````````

said:

> > Shoot, I missed it...

> Here ya go...

> MUSHROOM TARTLETS
>

> CRUST
>

> 4 oz. cream cheese
>
> 1 stick sweet butter
>
> 1 cup all purpose flour
>
> A pinch of salt
>

> Cream cream cheese and butter until fluffy and add flour and salt.
> Knead gently until incorporated and dough is formed. Wrap in waxed
> paper and refrigerate until stiff.
>
> Roll out dough until thin, one half at a time on floured pastry cloth
> with floured rolling pin. Cut into circles with 2 1/2 cookie cutter
> and line mini fluted tartlet pans with the rounds of dough, pushing it
> in with your fingers. Dull aluminum pans are preferred to shiny tin
> ones. You should have enough dough circles for 24 pans.
>
> Put the prepared pans on a cookie sheet and freeze while you prepare
> the filling.
>

> FILLING
>

> 1/2 lb white or cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
>
> 1/2 cup finely minced onion
>
> 4 tablespoons butter
>
> 2 tablespoons flour
>
> 2 tablespoons heavy cream
>
> 1 egg yolk
>
> 1/4 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
>
> salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
>

> Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
>
> Sauté the onions and mushrooms in the butter until the onions are
> transparent and the mushrooms give off their liquid. Raise the heat
> and cook quickly until most of the liquid in the pan has evaporated.
> Sprinkle the flour over the mushrooms and onions, to absorb the rest
> of the liquid. Lower heat and add the cream.
>
> Remove from heat and stir in the egg yolk and cheese. Taste for
> seasoning, if needed add salt and pepper and fill the prepared tartlet
> pans.
>
> Put into oven on lowest shelf and bake for ten minutes. Lower the
> heat to 350 degrees and continue baking for another ten minutes or
> until edges of the tartlets are nicely browned.
>
> Remove from oven and carefully remove each tartlet with the help of
> the tip of a knife.
>
> Serve hot.
>
> Yield, 24 tartlets

sf
doug ventura

Margaret,

Loved your recipe....turned out terrific! Thanks. I made two small mods
which worked out amazing.

1. I flamed the shroom mixture with some cognac before adding the cream.
2. I had some leftover osso busso from the night before. I put a chunk at
the bottom of each.....kinda like a little present.

Super Yummy.....Doug from Massachusetts