Default A Good Deal?

I saw this at Amazon:

http://tinyurl.com/5jsqr

Its an 8 1/2 quart saucier. 12 inches in diameter, 4 1/2 high. Thick
anodized aluminum. 40 bucks.

It looks like a good deal, but it is also a strange dimension. I'm not
even sure what I would use it for, but I'm a sucker for a good bargain.

So what the heck is a "saucier" anyways? For making sauce? That's a LOT
of sauce!

What else would you guys use a pan like this for? Does it look handy to
you?

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,

Good Deal? jmcquown[_2_] General Cooking 28 16-06-2014 10:30 PM
Maybe a good deal on a WSM Dave Bugg Barbecue 22 27-04-2008 06:26 AM
Good Deal? J[_3_] Winemaking 3 19-08-2007 06:17 AM
good deal on GF grill Fishy General Cooking 1 10-05-2007 05:17 AM
A Good Deal? [email protected] General Cooking 19 14-01-2005 05:29 PM