FoodBanter.com

-   -   Stainless steel (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/50953-stainless-steel.html)

Ruddell 10-01-2005 01:39 AM

Stainless steel

After doing a bit of shopping/searching I have to now ask, is there such
thing as a stainless steel electric frying pan? If so, any
recommendations?

--
Cheers

Dennis

Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply

Outdoor Grilling & Cooking 10-01-2005 03:39 AM

Yes, there is such a thing. Here's a quick list of a few on Consumer
Guide. You can sort by price, brand, most recommended from this page.
If nothing else - this gives you a starting point to see what's out
there.

http://products.consumerguide.com/re...e ctionId=772
*****************************
BP
www.outdoorculinary.com

notbob 10-01-2005 07:18 AM

On 2005-01-10, Ruddell > wrote:

> After doing a bit of shopping/searching I have to now ask, is there such
> thing as a stainless steel electric frying pan? If so, any
> recommendations?

Yep. FARBERWARE 12 INCH STAINLESS STEEL SKILLET (plug that into google). I
don't use 'em, but I've got one. I'll sell it to you for $35 + shipping.

nb

notbob 10-01-2005 07:18 AM

Sam D. 10-01-2005 11:01 PM

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2005-01-10, Ruddell > wrote:
> >
> > After doing a bit of shopping/searching I have to now ask, is

there such
> > thing as a stainless steel electric frying pan? If so, any
> > recommendations?

> Yep. FARBERWARE 12 INCH STAINLESS STEEL SKILLET (plug that into

google). I
> don't use 'em, but I've got one. I'll sell it to you for $35 +

shipping.

I've got one too that I have had for 4 decades. It is probably the
least used kitchen item I ever owned.

Sam D. 10-01-2005 11:01 PM

notbob 11-01-2005 04:52 AM

On 2005-01-10, Sam D. > wrote:

> I've got one too that I have had for 4 decades....

Boy, and I thought I was a pack rat! ;)

nb

notbob 11-01-2005 04:52 AM

Ruddell 12-01-2005 05:22 AM

In > notbob wrote:
> On 2005-01-10, Sam D. > wrote:
>
>> I've got one too that I have had for 4 decades....

> Boy, and I thought I was a pack rat! ;)

Ok, I'm interested but tell me, why don't you use them?

--
Cheers

Dennis

Remove 'Elle-Kabong' to reply

notbob 12-01-2005 09:34 AM

On 2005-01-12, Ruddell > wrote:

> Ok, I'm interested but tell me, why don't you use them?

I don't know, I'm just not an electric skillet kinda guy. It was a present
from my mom, who's an avowed electric skillet freak. It's not that it's
stainless steel, either. I have a nice set of French SS/Cu skillets for the
stove and some nonstick and cast iron skillets as well. It's just a PIA to
drag the thing out, plug in the AC cord/control module, set it, etc, and it
takes up space on the counter. I can see a big electric pancake griddle,
but a skillet.... [shrug]

If you'd like, I'll take some pictures and put them up.

nb