elaine

Default Chestnut ideas

"maxine in ri" > wrote in message
> I found two big jars and 3 cans of roasted, peeled chestnuts at the
> discount store y'day.
>
> A couple of them will go to my Mom, who always has to make chestnut
> dressing for Thanksgiving (no matter that I want to make the whole
> meal, at 91, who can argue with her?). I'm trying to think of what to
> do with the rest of them.
>
> I did make a chicken vegetale soup with some of them last night. Nice
> texture, but flavor? Eh. Can they be toasted? Most of the recipes I
> found on-line either simmered them in liquid and riced them, or used
> them whole or chopped for stir fry, sides, main dishes or desserts.
>
> Got any input?
>
> maxine in ri

Yes - curb the impulse to buy stuff on sale........'cause it looks like a
good deal. (Sorry, couldn't resist that comment -- I am so guilty of that.)

But I'm surprised you found the soup flavourless, I made a chestnut soup
last year. Had the kids shell the chestnuts - they will never, ever
volunteer to do that job again! The soup was great though, a completely
different flavour than I expected - sort of sweet. Perhaps you didn't add
enough chestnuts??

Elaine

Peter Aitken

"maxine in ri" > wrote in message
>I found two big jars and 3 cans of roasted, peeled chestnuts at the
> discount store y'day.
>
> A couple of them will go to my Mom, who always has to make chestnut
> dressing for Thanksgiving (no matter that I want to make the whole
> meal, at 91, who can argue with her?). I'm trying to think of what to
> do with the rest of them.
>
> I did make a chicken vegetale soup with some of them last night. Nice
> texture, but flavor? Eh. Can they be toasted? Most of the recipes I
> found on-line either simmered them in liquid and riced them, or used
> them whole or chopped for stir fry, sides, main dishes or desserts.
>
> Got any input?
>
> maxine in ri

Do you like brussel sprouts? They are GREAT with chestnuts. Julia has a
recupe in her forst book.

--
Peter Aitken

MARY1313

>I found two big jars and 3 cans of roasted, peeled chestnuts at the
>discount store y'day.

In Martha Stewarts Cookbook, there's a recipe for chestnuts and fennel. It is
wonderful!
--Mary
MARY1313

>I found two big jars and 3 cans of roasted, peeled chestnuts at the
>discount store y'day.

In Martha Stewarts Cookbook, there's a recipe for chestnuts and fennel. It is
wonderful!
--Mary
Nancy Young

"MARY1313" > wrote in message

>>I found two big jars and 3 cans of roasted, peeled chestnuts at the
>>discount store y'day.

> In Martha Stewarts Cookbook, there's a recipe for chestnuts and fennel.
> It is
> wonderful!

I'm thinking chestnut truffles. I adore them.

nancy

Nancy Young

"MARY1313" > wrote in message

>>I found two big jars and 3 cans of roasted, peeled chestnuts at the
>>discount store y'day.

> In Martha Stewarts Cookbook, there's a recipe for chestnuts and fennel.
> It is
> wonderful!

I'm thinking chestnut truffles. I adore them.

nancy

PENMART01

(MARY1313) writes:

>In Martha Stewarts Cookbook, there's a recipe for chestnuts and fennel.

Plenty of chestnut recipes he
http://www.chestnutsonline.com

Btw, your comma is not needed unless you're a broken English speaker.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

(MARY1313) writes:

>In Martha Stewarts Cookbook, there's a recipe for chestnuts and fennel.

Plenty of chestnut recipes he
http://www.chestnutsonline.com

Btw, your comma is not needed unless you're a broken English speaker.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Lynn Rubin

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> (MARY1313) writes:
>>
>>In Martha Stewarts Cookbook, there's a recipe for chestnuts and fennel.

> Plenty of chestnut recipes he
> http://www.chestnutsonline.com
>
> Btw, your comma is not needed unless you're a broken English speaker.
>

> ---= BOYCOTT FRANCE (belgium) GERMANY--SPAIN =---
> ---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
> *********
> "Life would be devoid of all meaning were it without tribulation."
> Sheldon
> ````````````

Actually, that would be a speaker of broken English... as opposed to being a
used English stereo component.

PENMART01

> "Lynn Rubin" advertises her GED failu
>
>"PENMART01" wrote:
>> (MARY1313) writes:
>>>
>>>In Martha Stewarts Cookbook, there's a recipe for chestnuts and fennel.

>> Plenty of chestnut recipes he
>> http://www.chestnutsonline.com
>>
>> Btw, your comma is not needed unless you're a broken English speaker.

>Actually, that would be a speaker of.

Your comma is equally extraneous. You're a pinhead.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

PENMART01

> "Lynn Rubin" advertises her GED failu
>
>"PENMART01" wrote:
>> (MARY1313) writes:
>>>
>>>In Martha Stewarts Cookbook, there's a recipe for chestnuts and fennel.

>> Plenty of chestnut recipes he
>> http://www.chestnutsonline.com
>>
>> Btw, your comma is not needed unless you're a broken English speaker.

>Actually, that would be a speaker of.

Your comma is equally extraneous. You're a pinhead.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon

Chestnut dumplings Pandora General Cooking 46 30-07-2005 12:46 AM
Chestnut Flour seacrest General Cooking 5 16-01-2005 01:21 AM
Knotted Chestnut Graeme...in London Barbecue 3 03-07-2004 08:55 PM
Chestnut Puree no one General Cooking 3 10-12-2003 02:12 AM
Chestnut Roaster? Don Wiss Cooking Equipment 2 09-12-2003 03:44 AM