rmg

Default Pizza Sauce Recipe

> wrote in message
> I've looked over various pizza sauce recipes via google, nothing really
> inspired
> me.
>
> So does any one have some pizza sauce recipes they would like to share.
>
> Something that can be made, canned possibly, as well as stored in the
> fridge
> for use in making pizzas.
>

> ONE RULE: NO CHUNKS OF TOMATOES! MUST be a smooth sauce. I don't like
> "chunky"
> pizza or spaghetti sauce. That may be more authentic but its not
> appetizing to
> me.

This is my favorite simple sauce.

Mix 1 large can diced tomatoes and 1/4 cup olive oil.
Simmer down gently until reduced by about 1/3.
Add salt and sugar to taste.
Add basil or oregano.

Hahabogus

"rmg" > wrote in
news

> > wrote in message
> > I've looked over various pizza sauce recipes via google, nothing
> > really inspired
> > me.
> >
> > So does any one have some pizza sauce recipes they would like to
> > share.
> >
> > Something that can be made, canned possibly, as well as stored in
> > the fridge
> > for use in making pizzas.
> >

> > ONE RULE: NO CHUNKS OF TOMATOES! MUST be a smooth sauce. I don't
> > like "chunky"
> > pizza or spaghetti sauce. That may be more authentic but its not
> > appetizing to
> > me.

> This is my favorite simple sauce.
>
> Mix 1 large can diced tomatoes and 1/4 cup olive oil.
> Simmer down gently until reduced by about 1/3.
> Add salt and sugar to taste.
> Add basil or oregano.

Here's a mess of sauce recipes for you to try. While reading them you'll
see that they are basically all the same with slight variations. Select
the variations from recipe to recipe that appeal to you and then you'll
hopefully have the perfect pizza sauce for you.

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Kohl's Pizza Sauce

none

1 medium onion; finely chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
2 can tomato sauce & bits (lg 15oz
1/2 can water
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 teaspoon salt
1 pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 oregano - few sprinkles
1 parsley flakes - few sprnkls

Saute onion and green pepper in oil until tender.
Siphon off excess oil. Add rest of ingredients. Cook
on medium heat until oven is preheated to 450 degrees.
Put 1/4 of the pizza sauce on an uncooked pizza crust.
Add desired pizza toppings such as pepperoni, sausage,
hamburger, sliced black olives, etc. Bake on top of
middle shelf until bubbly - about 12 minutes. Add
about 1 handful each of grated cheddar cheese and
grated mozzarella cheese. Return to oven another 12
minutes, placing on the lower rack to brown the crust
as well as to melt the cheese. At the same time, if
cooking more than one pizza, put the 2nd pizza on the
top middle shelf to begin cooking.

Taken from: IT NEVER TURNS OUT THE SAME WAY COOKBOOK
A Collection of Recipes from the Kitchen of Joyce &
Clem Kohl

Yield: 4 pizzas

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Olive-And-Anchovy Pizza Sauce

none

1/2 cup oil-cured black olives (pitted)
1 garlic clove; minced
1 1/2 tablespoon drained capers
2 oz canned anchovies; drained
4 tablespoon olive oil
1 lemon; juiced
1 pizza dough (see recipe)

COMBINE ALL of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and
puree until a smooth sauce is formed. Spread the olive mixture over
the pizza dough and bake according to instructions. Tops 2 8-inch
pizzas

Yield: 2 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce #1

none

1 can tomato paste
1 clove garlic (chopped)
3 cup water
1 pint oregano
3 pint cooking oil
1/4 pint marjoram
1 pint black pepper
1/4 pint basil
1 pint instant minced onion
1 pint brown sugar
1 pint grated parmesan cheese

Combine ingredients in a 1 qt sauce pan and cook for 30-40 minutes.
Makes enough sauce for 4 12" Pizzas.

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce #2

none

1 can tomato paste
1/4 cup raw onion (chopped)
1 can tomato sauce
1 clove garlic (chopped)
3 cup water
2 pint oregano
3 pint cooking oil
1 pint brown sugar

Combine ingredients in a 2 qt sauce pan and cook for 30-40 minutes.
Makes enough sauce for 5 12" Pizzas.

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce #3

none

1 can tomato paste
1/4 pint marjoram
3 cup water
1/4 pint oregano
3 pint cooking oil
1/2 pint brown sugar
1/4 cup raw onions (chopped)
1 pint black pepper
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 pint parmesan cheese (grated)

Combine ingredients in a 1 qt sauce pan and cook for 30-40 minutes.
Makes enough sauce for 4 12" Pizzas.

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce #4

none

1 can tomato paste
1/4 pint oregano
3 cup water
1/4 pint basil
3 pint cooking oil
1/2 pint parsley
1 clove garlic (chopped)
1 pint parmesan cheese,grated
1/4 cup raw onion (chopped)
1 pint black pepper
1/2 pint brown sugar

Combine ingredients in a 1 qt sauce pan and cook for 30-40 minutes.
Makes enough sauce for 4 12 " Pizzas.

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce #5

none

1 can tomato puree
1/4 pint basil
3 cup water
1 1/4 pint black pepper
3 pint cooking oil
1/4 pint oregano
1 glove garlic (chopped)
1 pint grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup raw onion (chopped)
1 pint brown sugar

Combine ingredients in a 2 qt sauce pan and cook for 30-40 minutes.
Makes enough sauce for 5 12" Pizzas.

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce (Bakker)

none

1 6-oz can tomato paste
2 8-oz cans tomato sauce
2 teaspoon anise seeds, freshly ground
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon italian seasonings
1 teaspoon chopped parsley

Grind the anise seeds. Mix it all together. Spread on the dough. Top
with veggies.

Posted by "Jim Bakker" > to the Fatfree Digest
[Volume 14 Issue 23] Jan. 23, 1995.
:I think I got this from the Ornish book:

Individual recipes copyrighted by originator. FATFREE Recipe
collections copyrighted by Michelle Dick 1995. Formatted by Sue Smith,
using MMCONV. Archived through kindness of Karen
Mintzias,
.

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce Recipe

none

1 6 oz can tomato paste
2 8 oz cans tomato sauce
2 teaspoons anise seeds; freshly ground
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon italian seasonings
1 teaspoon chopped parsley

Grind the anise seeds. Mix it all together. Spread on the dough. Top with
veggies.

Posted by "Jim Bakker" > to the Fatfree Digest [Volume 14
Issue 23] Jan. 23, 1995. :I think I got this from the Ornish book:

Individual recipes copyrighted by originator. FATFREE Recipe collections
copyrighted by Michelle Dick 1995. Formatted by Sue Smith,
using MMCONV. Archived through kindness of Karen
Mintzias,
.
1.807

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yield: 1 serving

Preparation Time: 0:0

@@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce With Herbs

none

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large garlic clove; finely chopped
1 small onion; chopped
28 oz can crushed tomatoes*
1/4 cup dry red or white wine or
1/4 cup ; water
1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram**
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano**
1/2 teaspoon dried basil**
4 fennel seeds; crushed
1 small bay leaf
1 crushed chiles (opt'l.) - to taste
----TOPPING----
1 cheddar, mozzarella or parmesan cheese, grated

*Use a commercially canned brand which contains tomato puree.

**Or 1 tsp. fresh herb.

Heat oil in bottom of a medium, heavy saucepan. Saute garlic and
onions, stirring just to soften. Do not let color. Add remaining
ingredients. Let come to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer
gently, uncovered, 10 minutes. Remove bay leaf from sauce before
using or freezing.

As pizza sauce, spread on prepared pizza crusts, English muffin
halves or pita bread halves and top with your favorite toppings and
sprinkle with grated cheddar, mozzarella or Parmesan cheese. Bake at
400 F. until bubbling and cheese has melted, 10 to 15 minutes.

To use this as a tomato sauce for pasta, thin the sauce with stock or
wine to desired consistency. Leftover sauce freezes well.

Yield: About 2 1/2 cups.

From _Nancy Enright's Canadian Herb Cookbook_ by Nancy Enright.
Toronto: James Lorimer & Company, 1985. Pg. 45. ISBN 0-88862-788-2.
Electronic format by Cathy Harned.

Yield: 1 batch

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Sausage Pizza/Pizza Sauce

none

500 gm bulk pork sausage meat
28 oz tomato sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
2 tablespoon prepared mustard
1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoon oregano
1 garlic to taste
1 pepper to taste

Fry the sausage. Drain off fat. Add remaining ingredients and simmer
gently 10 minutes. Pour over pizza base. Top with cheese and any
extra toppings. Bake in a very hot oven.

Makes enough for 2 pizzas. Freezes well.

The sauce can be used as a quick starting point for several dishes
such as sloppy joes.

(Adapted from Hertel's Pork Sausage Package)

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Creole Pizza Sauce

none

3 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup onion -- finely chop
1/2 cup celery -- finely chop
1/2 cup green or red bell pepper --
1 finely chop
1/4 teaspoon thyme
1/4 teaspoon basil
1 bay leaf
1 salt and pepper -- to taste
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
14 oz can whole tomatoes
3 oz tomato paste
1 tabasco sauce -- to taste
1 grated rind and juice from
1/2 lemon
2 tablespoon parsley fresh -- chopped

Heat the olive oil in a medium saucepan and saute the onions, celery,
and red or green bell pepper over medium heat until soft. Crumble in
the spices, stirring for another minute. Add the tomatoes, tomato
paste, lemon juice and rind, cover and simmer on low for about 30
minutes. After 30 minutes, check the seasoning and add the hot sauce,
to taste. Stir in the fresh parsley. Variations: This makes an
extremely thick sauce. I had to add about 1/2 cup water to the sauce.
Yields approximately 3 1/4 cups of sauce. Great with shrimp used as
the topping for the pizza, esp. if the shrimp is boiled in crab boil,
and lightly sprinkled with Creole seasoning. I add the shrimp the
last 3-4 minutes to the top of the pizza. Source:Pizza Pizzaz, by
Richard Erikson

Recipe By : Rhonda Guilbeaux

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Basic Pizza Sauce

none

1 2 lb,3 oz. can whole
1 tomatoes, packed in tomato
1 puree or juice
2 fresh basil leaves or 1
1 teaspoon dried basil, dried
1 oregano or dried marjoram
1 clove of garlic, crushed
2 tablespoon tomato paste (optional)
1 freshly ground black pepper
1 pinch of salt (optional)

1. Pour the contents of the tomato can into a 2 quart, heavy
non-aluminum
saucepan and coarsely crush the tomatoes with a fork or your
hands. 2. Add the herbs, garlic, tomato paste, pepper, and salt. 3.
Bring to a bubble over medium heat, stirring to mix the seasonings.
4. As soon as the sauce begins to bubble, turn the heat to low and
maintain the sauce at a gentle simmer. 5. Cook, uncovered,
stirring from time to time, for a minimum of 15
minutes and a maximum of 1 hour. This sauce will keep for about a
week in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It can also be
frozen for up to 4 months. Variation: For onion sauce, saute 1 small,
finely chopped sweet onion
: in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until the onion is just
: translucent. Follow instructions for basic sauce.

: For meat flavored sauce, saute the meat of two Italian
sweet
: sausages (removed from their casings and roughly crumbled)
: in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Cook the sausage meat for 1
: 2 minutes over medium heat until it is no longer pink.
Follow
: instructions for basic sauce. ~--

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Marty's Pizza Sauce

none

8 oz can tomato sauce
6 oz can tomato paste
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon water
1 large clove garlic, pressed
1 tablespoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon crushed dried hot red
1 chili peppers

Place all ingredients in a covered saucepan over lowest heat,
stirring now and then, cook for 20 minutes. Use on pizza dough,
French bread, or English muffins, top with shredded mozzarella cheese
and other favorite toppings. I usually prepare a double recipe when I
make pizza and save the left over sauce for French bread or muffins
the same week. Keep sauce refrigerated.

Posted by Michael Prothro, Mike's Resort BBS Fayetteville, AR on
Kook-Net Recipe network

Yield: 2 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Garlic Lover's Pizza Sauce

none

3 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup onion; minced, 1 md.
1/2 green pepper; minced
3 cloves garlic; large, minced
1 1/2 cup water
6 oz tomato paste; 1 cn
1/2 teaspoon basil; dried
1/2 teaspoon oregano; dried
1 teaspoon parsley; dried
1 salt & pepper; to taste

Pour the oil into a deep, heavy skilled over medium-high heat. Add the
onion and green pepper then cook and stir for about 5 minutes. Add the
garlic and continue to cook, stirring, until the vegetables are
tender. Add the water and then stir in the tomato paste. Sprinkle the
sauce with the basil, oregano, and parsley. Lower the heat and let
simmer for about 5 minuts. Add the salt and pepper to taste. If
desired, add 2 to 3 dashes of hot pepper sauce. Let simmer, stirring
often, about 30 minutes or until the sauce if very thick.

Makes about 3 Cups of sauce. This is sufficient sauce for two 12 to
14-inch round pizza or 1 oblong pizza or
1 deep dish pizza.

Yield: 10 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce

none

10 3/4 oz tomato puree
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon m.s.g. or accent
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt

POUR TOMATO PUREE INTO A BOWL. ADD ALL OTHER INGREDIENTS. BLEND WELL.

Yield: 4 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Basic Pizza Sauce

none

1 whole tomatoes (35 ounce can)
1 basil; oregano, or
1 marjoram
1 garlic, peeled; crushed and minced
2 tomato paste; optional
1 black pepper, freshly ground; to taste
1 salt; to taste

1. Pour the contents of the tomato can into a 2-quart, heavy
non-aluminum saucepan and coarsely crush the tomatoes with a
fork. 2. Add the herbs, garlic, tomato paste, salt, and pepper. 3.
Bring to a bubble over medium heat, stiring to mix the
seasonings. 4. As soon as the sauce begins to bubble, turn the
heat to low and maintain the sauce at a gentle simmer. 5. Cook,
uncovered, stiring from time to time, for a minimum of 15 minutes and
a maximum of 1 hour.

~- Rec.food.recipes is moderated; only recipes and recipe requests are
accepted for posting. Please read the "Posting Guidelines" article.
Recipes/requests go to
; questions/comments go to
. Please allow several days for your
submission to appear.
~ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yield: 4 servings

Preparation Time: Evely

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Jeff's Favorite Pizza Sauce

none

28 oz canned progresso plum
1 tomatoes w/basil, drained
12 oz tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon oregano, heaping
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon light brown sugar
2 teaspoon olive oil

This sauce has a quality similar to restaurant flavor, but being freshly
made seems to take on a better flavor.

Puree the drained tomatoes well. It is important to use Italian Plum
Tomatoes, not regular canned tomatoes. The flavor is distinctively
different. If you cannot find Progresso Plum Tomatoes with basil, add
1/2
ts. basil to the tomatoes.

Place the puree mixture in heavy saucepan. Add remaining ingredients
except for the grated cheese and brown sugar. Simmer 1/2 hour, or longer
if necessary. Add cheese and brown sugar last 10 minutes of cooking. The
canned grated parmesan is good in this recipe, as well as fresh.

Sauce can be frozen if needed.

Enjoy! - Jeff Duke

Yield: 4 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce #3

none

20 ml garlic; finely minced
1 tablespoon water
1 1/2 cup italian style plumb tomatoes
1/4 cup tomato paste
1 1/2 teaspoon oregano dried; crushed
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
1/4 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
1 sugar (optional)

1. Drain and chop canned italian style plum tomatoes 2. Saute' minced
garlic in water in medium-sized saucepan over medium heat
20 seconds. 3. Add chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, oregano and
basil. Add salt, lemon juice and sugar if desired. Saute' 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to low. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally for 10
minutes. Remove from heat. Sauce is ready to use. 4. Continue with
directions for pizza. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yield: 1 serving

Preparation Time: 0:00

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce Millie Gulke's

none

1 onion diced
3 tablespoon olive oil
3 garlic; minced
2 teaspoon basil; crushed
2 teaspoon oregano; crushed
2 teaspoon gramdma's chili seasoning
1 pkg lawry spaghetti sauce mix
1 tablespoon honey
2 can (15 oz) tomato sauce

Hope you will like this sauce. I have made this for over 30 years
and it is still our favorite.

Saute onions and garlic in olive oil. Add basil, oregano, Grandma's
seasoning, spaghetti sauce mix, tomatoe sauce and water from rinsing
the cans of sauce. Simmer 45-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. This
makes enough sauce for two 13-inch pizzas. To top you can add your
own favorites. We like just sliced olives, fresh sliced tomatoes and
of course, lots of cheese. Hope you enjoy. Millie, Napa Valley Wine
Country. MM Format Norma Wrenn npxr56b
~ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yield: 1 serving

Preparation Time: 0:00

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce Roy Crockett, Jr's

none

1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 garlic cloves; chopped
3 flat anchovy fillets --
1 chopped (optional)
2 tablespoon tomato paste
2 italian whole
1 tomatoes in puree
1 cup water
2 tablespoon fresh parsley; chopped
2 tablespoon fresh oregano; chopped or
2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

In a nonreactive large saucepan, melt butter with olive oil over
medium heat. Stir in garlic and cook one minute over medium heat.
Stir in garlic and cook one minute, being careful not to burn. Stir
in anchovy until dissolved, one to two minutes.

Add tomato paste and stir to heat. Stir in tomatoes with puree,
water, parsley, oregano, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce
heat to low, and simmer uncovered 30 minutes. Roy North Beach Maryland

MM Format Norma Wrenn npxr56b
~ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yield: 1 serving

Preparation Time: 0:00

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Simple & Tasty Pizza Sauce

none

3 1/2 cup canned; crushed tomatoes
2 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon romano cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon fresh basil; chopped
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
4 crushed fresh garlic

All ingredients are combined in blender container; blend until
combined. Refrigerate until ready to use. Will top 4 pizzas.
~ - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Yield: 4 servings

Preparation Time: 0:00

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Tomato Pizza Sauce

none

1 large garlic clove; minced
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
28 oz italian plum tomatoes including the; juice

In a large heavy saucepan cook the garlic and the pepper in the oil over
moderately low heat, stirring, for 2 minutes, or until the mixture is
fragrant. Add the tomatoes, squashing them in your hand,

with the juice, bring the mixture to a boil, and cook it over moderately
low heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 30 minutes, or until the sauce
is thickened and reduced to about 2 cups. Season the sauce with salt

.. The sauce keeps, covered and chilled, for 1 week.

Yield: About 2 cups
Recipe By : COOKING LIVE SHOW #CL8750

Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #277

Date: Mon, 4 Nov 1996 14:52:51 -0500

From: "Angele and Jon Freeman" >

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

"best Ever" Pizza Sauce

none

1/2 quart prince pizza sauce
1 can (12-oz) tomato paste
1 dash burgundy wine
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1 medium chopped onion
1 clove garlic; minced
2 tablespoon oil

From: Gerald Edgerton >

Date: Fri, 03 May 1996 14:58:30 -0700

Saute 1 medium chopped onion and 1 clove garlic, minced in 2 tablespoons
oil until limp. Add: Simmer slowly, stir occasionally for 1 hour. Makes
enough for 2 large pizzas

MASTERCOOK RECIPES LIST SERVER

MC-RECIPE DIGEST V1 #68

From the MasterCook recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe
Archive,
http://www.erols.com/hosey.

Yield: 8 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Basic Pizza Sauce

none

1 can (35-oz) whole tomatoes
1 teaspoon basil; oregano, or marjoram
1 clove garlic; peeled, crushed and mince

From: (The Meades)

Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 14:56:12 -0400

Recipe By: Evelyne Slomon - The Pizza Book
1. Pour the contents of the tomato can into a 2-quart, heavy non-aluminum
saucepan and coarsely crush the tomatoes with a fork.

2. Add the herbs, garlic, tomato paste, salt, and pepper.

3. Bring to a bubble over medium heat, stiring to mix the seasonings.

4. As soon as the sauce begins to bubble, turn the heat to low and
maintainthe sauce at a gentle simmer.

5. Cook, uncovered, stiring from time to time, for a minimum of 15
minutes and a maximum of 1 hour.

MASTERCOOK RECIPES LIST SERVER

MC-RECIPE DIGEST V1 #66

From the MasterCook recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe
Archive,
http://www.erols.com/hosey.

Yield: 4 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Secret Pizza Sauces!

none

----PIZZERIA TOMATO SPREAD----
1 can (small) tomato paste
1 water
1 teaspoon chopped fresh garlic
1 teaspoon dried oregano
----PESTO----
1 cup fresh basil
2 teaspoon salt
1 clove garlic
2 tablespoon pine nuts (or walnuts)
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup fresh parmesean or romano cheese
----MARGHERITA STYLE----
8 -(up to)
10 diced roma tomatoes
3 cloves chopped garlic
1/2 cup shredded basil leaves
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon olive oil

Date: Fri, 5 Jul 1996 06:35:45 -0400
Here are some super secret pizza sauces for all you Kid Chef's out there.

We know how much you all love pizza, so try these out on an english
muffin,or use with our June "Pizza Power Party!"

Pizzeria Tomato Spread: Mix 1 small can of tomato paste. Add a
little water to make it spreadable. Add 1 teaspoon chopped freash
garlic. Add 1 teaspoon dried oregano.

Pesto: In a food processor - Chop - 1 cup fresh basil / 2
teaspoon salt / 1clove garlic / 2 tablespoons pine nuts (or walnuts).
Add
- 1/4 cup olive oil. Puree - mixture until smooth. Add - 1/4 cup fresh
parmesean or romano cheese.

Margherita - Style: Mix - 8 to 10 diced roma tomatoes.
Add 3 chopped garlic cloves. Add 1/2 cup shredded basil leaves. Add
1
teaspoon salt. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil. Let suace marinade for 1 hour
before using.
JEWISH-FOOD digest 233

From the Jewish Food recipe list. Downloaded from
Glen's MM Recipe Archive,
http://www.erols.com/hosey.

Yield: 4 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Spicy Chunky Pizza Sauce

none

28 oz crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoon tomato paste
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

In a large saucepan, combine crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, garlic
powder,basil, onion powder, and cayenne pepper. Cook over low heat for 25
minutes,or until sauce is thickened and the flavors have blended. Spread
sauce evenly over a pizza dough or crust as directed in pizza recipe.

Per serving: 38 Calories; less than one gram Fat (1% calories
from fat); 2gProtein; 8g Carbohydrate; 0mg Cholesterol; 247mg Sodium

NOTES : Use immediately or let cool, then, store, tightly
covered, in refrigerator until ready to use. This doubles and
freezes
nicely.Yields: 2 1/2 cups.
Recipe by: Mr. Food, Pizza 1-2-3 Posted to TNT - Prodigy's
Recipe Exchange Newsletter by (Anita A. Matejka) on Mar
27, 1997

Yield: 10 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Sue And John's Best Ever Pizza Sauce

none

2 medium onions; roasted, sliced
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 can (31-oz) whole tomatoes; undrained
1 can (6-oz) tomato paste
1 1/2 tablespoon dried parsley
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon oregano
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon basil
3/8 teaspoon pepper
3/4 teaspoon baking soda

Date: Wed, 1 May 1996 10:47:12 -0400

To roast onions, cook whole onions in microwave 3 to 4 min., until soft.
Peel and slice. Combine all ingredients in large saucepan. Chop
tomatoes
coarsely. Simmer 30 min. Makes 4 cups, enough for two large pizzas.

We often make pizzas with a loaf of French bread sliced lengthwise. Top
with sauce, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli (nuke peppers and broccoli a bit
first), and non-fat cheese. Quite yummy.

FATFREE DIGEST V96 #121

From the Fatfree Vegetarian recipe list. Downloaded from Glen's MM
Recipe
Archive,
http://www.erols.com/hosey.

Yield: 8 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Super Pizza Sauce

none

3/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon powdered onion
1/2 teaspoon powdered garlic
1 teaspoon minced onion
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon marjoram
1 1/2 tablespoon oregano

Mix with: 12 oz. tomato paste On crust put layer of sauce, layer
Mozzarella cheese, layer Parmesan or Romano cheese, then desired
toppings.
Bake at 450 degrees for 8 minutes.

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Jeff's Favorite Pizza Sauce

none

28 oz canned progresso plum
1 tomatoes w/basil, drained
15 oz tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
2 teaspoon olive oil
1 capful reallemon lemon jce.
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder

Puree the drained tomatoes well. It is important to use Italian Plum
Tomatoes, not regular canned tomatoes. The flavor is distinctively
different. If you cannot find Progresso Plum Tomatoes with basil, add an
additional 1/2 to 1 tb. basil to the tomatoes while pureeing.

Place the puree mixture in heavy saucepan. Add remaining ingredients
except for the grated cheese. Simmer 1/2 hour, or longer if necessary.
Addcheese last 10 minutes of cooking. The canned grated parmesan is good
in
this recipe, as well as fresh.

Sauce can be frozen if needed.

Enjoy! - Jeff Duke

Posted to MM-Recipes Digest by "Rfm" > on Aug 30,
98

Yield: 4 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce

none

1 cup beets, pureed
1 cup carrots, pureed
1/3 cup vinegar, or substitute

Mix all ingredients in a small saucepan. Simmer over low heat for 20
minutes. Drain off any extra liquid. Spread on 16 to 20-inch (35-50 cm)
pizza dough. Sprinkle with pizza seasonings (e.g., garlic, onion salt)
and
add favourite pizza toppings (e.g., cheese, meat). Bake at 425F (220C)
for
10 minutes or until edges are brown.

NOTES : p. 114, The Allergy Cookbook: Foods for Festive Occasions,
Methuen,1985, Toronto Canada, ISBN 0-458-98230-X recipe book doesn't
indicate number of servings definitely low-fat

Recipe by: Allergy Information Association, 1985

Posted to Digest eat-lf.v097.n021 by
) on Jan 21, 97.

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce

none

1 can 10oz tomato soup
1 tablespoon dry oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
8 oz mazzarella, shredded
8 oz muenster, shreaded
1/3 cup parmesan, grated
8 oz thin slice pepperoni
1 can 8oz mushrooms, drained

Place ingredients on pizza dough in order listed. Allow to rise 20 min in
warm place. Bake 450F for 20-25 min. pg36
Posted to EAT-L Digest 25 Jul 96

Date: Fri, 26 Jul 1996 09:22:20 -0500

From: LD Goss >

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce

none

1 tablespoon olive oil
1 6-oz can salt-free tomato paste
1 6-oz can water
1/2 teaspoon sugar 2 tsp italian seasoning (to t; aste)
1/2 teaspoon oregano (optional)
1/2 teaspoon basil (optional)

seasoned salt to taste (do a little less rather than more - flavor gets
stronger with cooking) Saute the garlic in the olive oil about 2 minutes
over low heat. Add the tomato paste and water and stir until thoroughly
mixed. Add remaining ingredients and simmer over low heat about 10
minutes. This sauce can be frozen.

* The Polka Dot Palace BBS 1-201-822-3627 Posted by FAYLEN

Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #703 by Lisa Clarke > on Aug
1,
9

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce

none

1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoon crushed garlic
2 can italian tomatoes; (28 ounce)
2 can tomato paste; (8 ounce)
2 tablespoon oregano
2 tablespoon basil
2 tablespoon marjoram
1 tablespoon salt
1 1/8 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
1 teaspoon tabasco sauce

1. If using whole tomatoes the chop them in a food processor before
adding
to sauce.

2. In a non aluminum sauce pan add all ingredients except the salt,
pepper,and spices.

3. Over medium heat bring ingredients to high simmer (bubbles
breaking the top). Let simmer 20 to 25 minutes, add spices, salt, and
pepper. Stir with a wooden spoon, and let simmer until the sauce reaches
fairly thick consistency. Adjust seasoning to taste.

Note: Salt is one of the main spices, but be careful not
to get too much. Add 1 tablespoon at a time, and taste after addition.
Add
fresh fresh ground black pepper 1 tablespoon at a time also; stir
well. Add more oregano, basil, and marjoram to suit your taste.

Recipe by: The Pizza Gourmet P-8

Posted to MC-Recipe Digest V1 #931 by Mitch
> on Nov 29, 1997

Yield: 4 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Pizza Sauce

none

1 3/8 lb tomato paste #2 1/2
3/4 teaspoon garlic dehy gra
8 lb tomatoes # 10 can
12 oz onions dry
2 oz sugar; granulated 10 lb
1 tablespoon salad oil; 1 gal
1 teaspoon pepper black 1 lb cn
3 bay leaves
2 tablespoon basil sweet ground
2 tablespoon oregano ground
1 oz salt table 5lb

1. SAUTE' ONIONS IN SALAD OIL OR SHORTENING UNTIL TENDER.

2. ADD TOMATOES, TOMATO PASTE, SUGAR, SALT, PEPPER, BASIL, BAY LEAVES,
GARLIC AND OREGANO. BRING TO A BOIL; REDUCE HEAT; SIMMER 1 HOUR.
REMOVE BAY LEAVES.
:
**ALL NOTES ARE PER 100 PORTIONS.

NOTE: 1. IN STEP 1, 13 OZ DRY ONIONS A.P. WILL YIELD 12 OZ CHOPPED
ONIONS.

NOTE: 2. IN STEP 1, 1 1/2 OZ (1/2 CUPS) DEHYDRATED ONIONS MAY BE USED.
SEE
RECIPE NO. A01100.

NOTE: 3. IN STEP 2, 3/4-36 OZ CN CANNED TOMATO JUICE CONCENTRATE MAY BE
USED.

NOTE: 4. IN STEP 2, 3 TSP (3 CLOVES) DRY GARLIC MAY BE USED. MINCE AND
SAUTE' WITH ONIONS IN STEP 1.

Recipe Number: O01200

SERVING SIZE: 2 TABLESPO

From the <Army Master Recipe Index File> (actually used today!).
Downloaded from Glen's MM Recipe Archive,
http://www.erols.com/hosey.

Yield: 100 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Better-Than-Bottled Pizza Sauce

none

1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 can tomato puree; (28 oz)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon sugar

1. Heat oil in a medium sauce pan. Add onion and cook over medium-low
heat
5 minutes, stirring occasionally until soft. Add garlic and cook 1 minute
until fragrant.

2. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer
partially covered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Makes 3 cups

NOTES : Stir in the following into your sauce for more pizzazz:

* Ground chili powder, cumin and chopped Jalapeno peppers.

* Dried basil, oregano, and chopped fresh parsley.

* Refrigerated pesto.

* Diced oil-marinated sun-dried tomatoes and dried thyme

Recipe by: Woman's Day 6/24/97

Posted to recipelu-digest by Rodeo46898 > on Mar 2,
1998

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Jeff's Favorite Pizza Sauce

none

28 oz canned progresso plum
1 tomatoes w/basil, drained
12 oz tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon oregano, heaping
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
1/8 cup olive oil

This sauce has a quality similar to restaurant flavor, but being freshly
made seems to take on a better flavor.

Puree the drained tomatoes well. It is important to use Italian Plum
Tomatoes, not regular canned tomatoes. The flavor is distinctively
different. If you cannot find Progresso Plum Tomatoes with basil, add
1/2
ts. dried basil to the tomatoes.

Place the puree mixture in heavy saucepan. Add remaining ingredients
except for the grated cheese. Simmer 1/2 hour, or longer if necessary.

Add cheese last 10 minutes of cooking. The canned grated parmesan is good
in this recipe, as well as fresh.

Sauce can be frozen if needed.

Enjoy! - Jeff Duke

From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini

Yield: 4 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Jeff's Pizza Sauce

none

56 oz (2-28 oz cans) italian plum
1 tomatoes, drained
6 oz tomato paste (small can)
2 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoon corn syrup
2 tablespoon brown sugar
2 1/2 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon tarragon
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon basil
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon worcestershire sauce

If you don't like small bits of tomato in the sauce, puree the whole
tomatoes in the blender first. Otherwise, chop them as the mixture cooks.

Mix all ingredients, except oregano, in large saucepan. Simmer for 30
minutes, then add oregano. Cook additional 15 minutes.

Sauce is best if cooked then chilled, overnight, in the refrigerator.

To Use: Prepare basic pizza dough. Spoon sauce onto crust out to rims,
cover with thick layer of mozzarella cheese. Top with meat and vegetable
toppings, then cover again with mozzarella and parmesan (or romano)
cheeses. All cheeses are best if freshly grated.

From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at www.synapse.com/~gemini

Yield: 4 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Joan's Easy Pizza Sauce

none

1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
1 can (6 oz) water
3 oz wine
1 pinch sugar
1 pinch italian spices or basil
1 garlic clove minced
1 tablespoon olive oil

Mix and heat, stirring till smooth.Use as a topping for a small pizza or
some calzones.

Posted to Recipe Archive - 17 November 96

Date: Sun, 17 Nov 96 5:33:26 EST

submitted by:

Yield: 1 servings
@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Thick & Hearty Pizza Sauce

none

1 small onion, finely chopped
1 each garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small can tomato paste
1 each 15 oz can tomato sauce

Saute onions, garlic & oregano in olive oil until the onions are
translucent. Stir in remaining ingredients & simmer for 10 minutes.
Remove from heat & allow to cool before using. Refrigerate or freeze
remaining sauce in an air-tight container.

"Vegetarian Gourmet" Issue #11

Yield: 2 cups
@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

The "best Ever" Pizza Sauce

none

1/2 quart prince pizza sauce
1 12 oz. can tomato paste
1 dash burgundy wine
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil

Saute 1 medium chopped onion and 1 clove garlic, minced in 2 tablespoons
oil until limp. Add: Simmer slowly, stir occasionally for 1 hour. Makes
enough for 2 large pizzas

Yield: 1 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Thick And Hearty Pizza Sauce

none

1 small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small can tomato paste
1 15 oz can tomato sauce

Saute onions, garlic & oregano in olive oil until the
onions are translucent. Stir in remaining ingredients
& simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat & allow to
cool before using. Refrigerate or freeze remaining
sauce in an air-tight container.

From Gemini's MASSIVE MealMaster collection at
www.synapse.com/~gemini

Yield: 2 cups

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Lasagna (Pizza Sauce-Canned)

none

12 lb beef ground fz
3 3/4 lb cheese mozzarella
3/8 lb cheese grated 1lb
1 lb cheese grated 1lb
30 each eggs shell
11 lb cottage cheese 5 lb
3/4 teaspoon garlic dehy gra
3 lb onions dry
4 oz parsley fresh
6 lb lasagna noodle
26 lb soup tomato veg #2 1/2
3/4 teaspoon pepper red ground
1 1/2 teaspoon basil sweet ground
3/4 oz oregano ground
1 teaspoon thyme ground

PAN: 12 BY 20 BY 2 1/2" STAM TABLE PAN TEMPERATU 350F. OVEN

1. COOK BEEF IN ITS OWN FAT UNTIL BEEF LOOSES IT PINK COLOR,
STIRRING TO BREAK APART. DRAIN OR SKIM OFF EXCESS FAT. ADD ONIONS;
SAUTEE 3 MINUTES.

2. USE 26 LB 4 OZ (3 GAL OR 4-NO.10 CN) CANNED PIZZA SAUCE. STIR
IN 1 TBSP BLACK PEPPER, 2/3 OZ (1/4 CUP) CRUSHED OREGANO, 1/2 TSP
CRUSHED BASIL, 1 TSP GROUND THYME, 3/4 TSP GROUND RED PEPPER, 3/4 TSP
DEHYDRATED GARLIC OR 3 CLOVES-1 TBSP MINCED GARLIC INTO PIZZA SAUCE.
ADD TO BEEF MIXTURE. SIMMER 20 MINUTES. SKIM OFF EXCESS FAT. SET
ASIDE FOR USE IN STEP 5.

3. COMBINE EGGS, CHEESES, AND PARSLEY. MIX WELL; PLACE IN SHALLOW
PANS; REFRIGERATE FOR USE IN STEP 4.

4. FOLLOW PANNING INSTRUCTIONS.

5. COVER. BAKE ONE HOUR. REMOVE COVER; BAKE 10-15 MINUTES.

6. CUT AND SEVE IMMEDIATELY.
: PANNING INSTRUCTIONS: ARRANGE IN LAYERS IN EACH PAN. NOTE: DURING
PANNING REMOVE SMALL AMOUNTS OF FILLING FROM REFRIGERATION AT A TIME.
ENSURE ENTIRE PANNING PROCEDURES DOES NOT EXCEED 3 HOURS TOTAL TIME
BETWEEN TEMPERATURES OF 40F.-140F. LAYER: 1. 3 CUPS MEAT SAUCE 5.
NOODELS, FLAT AND IN ROWS

2. NOODLES, FLAT AND IN ROWS 6. 1 QT CHILLED FILLING

3. 1 QT CHILLED FILLING 7. NOODELS, FLAT AND IN ROWS

4. 1 QT MEAT SAUCE 8. 1 1/2 QT MEAT SAUCE SPRINKLE WITH
PARMESAN CHEESE. FOLLOW STEPS 5 AND 6. CUT 5 BY 4.
:

NOTE: 1. IN STEP 1, 4 LB 7 OZ DRY ONIONS A.P. WILL YIELD 4 LB
CHOPPED ONIONS.

2. IN STEP 1, 8 OZ (2 2/3 CUPS) DEHYDRATED ONIONS MAY BE USED. SEE
RECIPE NO. A-11.

3. 5 LB 2 OZ (1 1/4-NO.10 CN) CANNED PIZZA BLEND MAY BE USED FOR ALL
PARMESAN AND MOZZARELLA CHEESES IN RECIPE. USE ONLY IN PANNING.

4. IN STEP 5, IF CONVECTION OVEN IS USED, BAKE AT 300F. 1 HOUR ON
HIGH FAN, CLOSED VENT. REMOVE COVER; BAKE 10-15 MINUTES.

Recipe Number: L02503

SERVING SIZE: CUT 5 BY 4

Yield: 100 servings

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Alan's Pizza Sauce

none

2 tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed; food processored
1 small white or sweet onion; food processored
1 can 28 oz tomato puree
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried marjoram
1 teaspoon dried basil

Quarter the onion. Put spices, onion and garlic (with some tomato puree)
in
food processor, run till fairly smooth. Enough tomato puree so it doesn't
cling to the sides while processing. More garlic doesn't hurt.

Over medium heat, heat oil in a saucepan until hot. Add all ingredients,
cover and bring to a boil. Uncover, lower heat and allow to simmer for 30
minutes. Till nicely thickened

Yield 3 cups... 1/4 cup as serving...12 servings

NYC Nutrition Analysis (per serving or yield unit):
water=65.31 g; calories=50.78; protein=1.28 g; total fat=2.4 g;
carbohydrate=7.33 g; dietary fiber=1.61 g; ash=0.83 g; calcium=18.2 mg;
phosphorus=30.39 mg; iron=1.03 mg; sodium=273.6 mg; potassium=306.9 mg;
magnesium=17.93 mg; zinc=0.18 mg; copper=0.12 mg; manganese=0.2 mg;
vitamin
A=894.7 IU; vitamin E=2.02 mg ATE; thiamin=0.05 mg; riboflavin=0.04 mg;
niacin=1.2 mg; pantothenic acid=0.31 mg; vitamin B6=0.12 mg; folate=9.47
ug; vitamin C=7.73 mg; saturated fat=0.33 g; monounsaturated fat=1.68 g;
polyunsaturated fat=0.25 g; selenium=0.57 ug; refuse=0.8%; blocks
carbrot:fat=0.6 : 0.2 : 0.8; ECC=5.7; %cal as carbrot:fat=52:9:39; WW
Pts=0.9; (complete analysis)

Contributor: Courtesy recipe Alan Boles

Yield: 12 servings

Preparation Time: 00:45

--
Starchless in Manitoba.
Type 2 Diabetic 1AC 5.6mmol or 101mg/dl
Chef R. W. Miller

Tomato Herb Sauce

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
1/4 cup finely chopped onion
1 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons tomato paste

In a medium saucepan, sauté garlic and onions until tender. Add seasonings
and continue cooking a few more minutes. Stir in tomato sauce, and then
tomato paste. Simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes. Makes about 1 1/2
cups.
-----------

Classic Tomato Pizza Sauce Recipe

Ingredients:

3 Tbsp. - Butter
16 Oz. - Can of Tomato Puree
3 Tbsp. - Olive Oil
1 Tsp. - Salt
3 Cloves - Garlic, Minced
1/4 Tsp. - Black Pepper
3 Large - Yellow Onions, Minced
1 Tsp. - Whole Oregano
2 Qts. - Canned Whole Italian Tomatoes
1 Tsp. - Whole Basil

In a Dutch oven or large skillet, melt the butter with the olive oil and
slowly but completely sauté the garlic and onion.

Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and puree. Bring to a boil,
then simmer covered for two hours. Stir occasionally, crushing the tomatoes
with a potato masher.

Continue to mash, stir, and simmer partially covered until the sauce reaches
the consistency of a rich soup.
If you find you have too many or too large tomato seeds left in the sauce,
you may run the sauce through a sieve, (strainer). Set the sauce aside to
cool or refrigerate before applying it to your pizza dough.

New York-Style Pizza Sauce Recipe

Ingredients:

2 cans (14.5 oz.) Roma or Furmano's Whole Peeled Tomatoes
(Or substitute your favorite)
1 can (14.5 oz.) Roma or Furmano's Pizza Sauce
(Or substitute your favorite)
1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed
1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
1/2 teaspoon California Garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon Cayenne black pepper

Combine all ingredients in a large pot, bring to a boil, then simmer for 1
hour. Let cool to room temperature. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Pennsylvania-Style Pizza Sauce Recipe

Ingredients:

1 12 ounce can tomato paste
11/2 cups water
1 teaspoon ground oregano
1/2 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon MSG (monosodium glutamate), optional

Measure dry ingredients into a small container, mix together well, and set
aside. In a medium sized saucepan, combine tomato paste with water over
medium heat until it has a uniform consistency. When it begins to bubble,
add pre-measured spices and reduce heat to medium-low.

Allow to simmer, uncovered, 35 to 40 minutes until it reaches desired
thickness. Stir occasionally. Cover and cool to room temperature.
Refrigerate in an airtight container until needed, (up to 4 weeks). Makes
about 2 1/4 cups...enough for 3 - 12" pizzas.

Basil Pesto Pizza Sauce Topping

Ingredients:

12 - Walnuts, shelled
2 Tbs - Pine nuts
1 Ts - Coarse salt
4 - Black peppercorns
3 - Garlic cloves
4 Tbs - Butter
3 cups - Basil leaves
4 oz - Grated Parmesan cheese
4 oz - Grated Romano cheese or Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups - Olive oil

Place all ingredients except 1 cup olive oil in food processor and grind
very fine.
Add remaining olive oil and blend a few seconds until very smooth.
-----------------
"Mama-Mia"
Pizza Sauce Recipe

"A pizzeria-style, homemade pizza sauce that certainly has
that pizza joint taste!"

[...]

---------
Enjoy
Chef R. W. Miller
Marriott Resorts & Hotels

Grismalkin

ring wrote:

>> I've looked over various pizza sauce recipes via google, nothing really
>> inspired
>> me.
>>
>> So does any one have some pizza sauce recipes they would like to share.
>>
>> Something that can be made, canned possibly, as well as stored in the
>> fridge
>> for use in making pizzas.

I can't help you with canning, as I've never done that before.

>> ONE RULE: NO CHUNKS OF TOMATOES! MUST be a smooth sauce. I don't like
>> "chunky"
>> pizza or spaghetti sauce. That may be more authentic but its not
>> appetizing to
>> me.

>This is my favorite simple sauce.
>
>Mix 1 large can diced tomatoes and 1/4 cup olive oil.
>Simmer down gently until reduced by about 1/3.
>Add salt and sugar to taste.
>Add basil or oregano.

I think the originall poster wanted no tomato chunks.

In a pinch I've used 2 6 oz. cans or 1 12 oz. can of tomatoe paste. Empty the
cans in a bowl and add enough water and/or half wine to make it to the
consistency you like. Sometimes, I will add some onion or garlic powder and
"Italian" seasoning. This is fast and covers one deep dish and one small thin
crust pizza.

I like to put most of the herbs over the sauce after it is on the dough.
Before the sauce, I like to put a small amount, less than half of cup, of
grated cheese on the crust.