JLove98905

Default mango lassi - so easy!

I always have to get a mango lassi when I go to an Indian restaurant. It only
recently occurred to me how easy it is to make these at home! I've used one
fresh mango, or one mango's worth of cubed, frozen mango from Trader Joe's.
Combine (thawed) mango, 1 cup plain yogurt, and a little bit of crushed ice in
your blender. Whir 'til smooth enough to suck up through a straw. Voila! Some
recipes include other ingredients (including sugar), but as far as I'm
concerned, with the right ratio of mango to yogurt, nothing else is really
needed. The ice isn't really even needed, but I add it to thin a little bit and
also to chill the mix. This also works with peaches, and I bet it works with
other fruit too, but I haven't tried them yet

-Jen
Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

Pete Romfh

JLove98905 wrote:
> I always have to get a mango lassi when I go to an Indian
> restaurant. It only recently occurred to me how easy it
> is to make these at home! I've used one fresh mango, or
> one mango's worth of cubed, frozen mango from Trader
> Joe's. Combine (thawed) mango, 1 cup plain yogurt, and a
> little bit of crushed ice in your blender. Whir 'til
> smooth enough to suck up through a straw. Voila! Some
> recipes include other ingredients (including sugar), but
> as far as I'm concerned, with the right ratio of mango to
> yogurt, nothing else is really needed. The ice isn't
> really even needed, but I add it to thin a little bit and
> also to chill the mix. This also works with peaches, and
> I bet it works with other fruit too, but I haven't tried
> them yet
>
> -Jen
> Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

If you check the Indian foods section of a good international market you'll
find canned mango pulp. Chriag is the brand I find most often here in
Houston. It's quite inexpensive, $3-$4 for a 28 oz can. I pour the contents
of a can into icecube trays and freeze it. Then I store the cubes in a
container in the freezer.

When you want a mango lassi, or mango margarita, etc. you can take out a
cube or two (about 2 tbs each) and pop them with other ingredients in your
blender. Quick, simple, and inexpensive.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at hal dash pc dot org

Pete Romfh

JLove98905 wrote:
> I always have to get a mango lassi when I go to an Indian
> restaurant. It only recently occurred to me how easy it
> is to make these at home! I've used one fresh mango, or
> one mango's worth of cubed, frozen mango from Trader
> Joe's. Combine (thawed) mango, 1 cup plain yogurt, and a
> little bit of crushed ice in your blender. Whir 'til
> smooth enough to suck up through a straw. Voila! Some
> recipes include other ingredients (including sugar), but
> as far as I'm concerned, with the right ratio of mango to
> yogurt, nothing else is really needed. The ice isn't
> really even needed, but I add it to thin a little bit and
> also to chill the mix. This also works with peaches, and
> I bet it works with other fruit too, but I haven't tried
> them yet
>
> -Jen
> Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

If you check the Indian foods section of a good international market you'll
find canned mango pulp. Chriag is the brand I find most often here in
Houston. It's quite inexpensive, $3-$4 for a 28 oz can. I pour the contents
of a can into icecube trays and freeze it. Then I store the cubes in a
container in the freezer.

When you want a mango lassi, or mango margarita, etc. you can take out a
cube or two (about 2 tbs each) and pop them with other ingredients in your
blender. Quick, simple, and inexpensive.

--
Pete Romfh, Telecom Geek & Amateur Gourmet.
promfh at hal dash pc dot org

Playrite1

thank you!
Playrite1