Biff

Default Julia Child Urban Legend?

Hi,
I was making Bacon and Tomato sandwiches when I cut my thumb (our
first day back at school and we were really exhausted).I bled all over
the place, both kitchen and bathroom and I couldn't open a bandage. It
kept slipping. Finally I thought, what would Julia do! I then grasped
a paper towel and applied pressure for 3 minutes, this worked. I
remembered the Dan Ackroyd skit on SNL wherein she desanguinates,and
I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a Julia" He said " You
dropped a chicken!!"
Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?

Biff
I'm okay now
Just can't hit the space bar
jmcquown

Biff wrote:
> Hi,
> I was making Bacon and Tomato sandwiches when I cut my thumb (our
> first day back at school and we were really exhausted).I bled all over
> the place, both kitchen and bathroom and I couldn't open a bandage. It
> kept slipping. Finally I thought, what would Julia do! I then grasped
> a paper towel and applied pressure for 3 minutes, this worked.
> I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a Julia" He said " You
> dropped a chicken!!"
> Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?
>
> Biff
> I'm okay now
> Just can't hit the space bar

From what I understand she did indeed drop a chicken - on television -
picked it up and rinsed it off with a shrug only Julia could pull off.

Jill

jmcquown

Biff wrote:
> Hi,
> I was making Bacon and Tomato sandwiches when I cut my thumb (our
> first day back at school and we were really exhausted).I bled all over
> the place, both kitchen and bathroom and I couldn't open a bandage. It
> kept slipping. Finally I thought, what would Julia do! I then grasped
> a paper towel and applied pressure for 3 minutes, this worked.
> I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a Julia" He said " You
> dropped a chicken!!"
> Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?
>
> Biff
> I'm okay now
> Just can't hit the space bar

From what I understand she did indeed drop a chicken - on television -
picked it up and rinsed it off with a shrug only Julia could pull off.

Jill

BOB

Biff wrote:
> Hi,
> I was making Bacon and Tomato sandwiches when I cut my thumb (our
> first day back at school and we were really exhausted).I bled all
> over the place, both kitchen and bathroom and I couldn't open a
> bandage. It kept slipping. Finally I thought, what would Julia do!
> I then grasped a paper towel and applied pressure for 3 minutes,
> this worked. I remembered the Dan Ackroyd skit on SNL wherein she
> desanguinates,and I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a
> Julia" He said " You dropped a chicken!!"
> Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?
>
> Biff
> I'm okay now
> Just can't hit the space bar

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/julia.htm

BOB

Biff wrote:
> Hi,
> I was making Bacon and Tomato sandwiches when I cut my thumb (our
> first day back at school and we were really exhausted).I bled all
> over the place, both kitchen and bathroom and I couldn't open a
> bandage. It kept slipping. Finally I thought, what would Julia do!
> I then grasped a paper towel and applied pressure for 3 minutes,
> this worked. I remembered the Dan Ackroyd skit on SNL wherein she
> desanguinates,and I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a
> Julia" He said " You dropped a chicken!!"
> Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?
>
> Biff
> I'm okay now
> Just can't hit the space bar

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/julia.htm

BOB

Biff wrote:
> Hi,
> I was making Bacon and Tomato sandwiches when I cut my thumb (our
> first day back at school and we were really exhausted).I bled all
> over the place, both kitchen and bathroom and I couldn't open a
> bandage. It kept slipping. Finally I thought, what would Julia do!
> I then grasped a paper towel and applied pressure for 3 minutes,
> this worked. I remembered the Dan Ackroyd skit on SNL wherein she
> desanguinates,and I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a
> Julia" He said " You dropped a chicken!!"
> Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?
>
> Biff
> I'm okay now
> Just can't hit the space bar

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/julia.htm

squid

--
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president
represents, more and more closely, the inner soul
zxcvbob

Biff wrote:
> Hi,
> I was making Bacon and Tomato sandwiches when I cut my thumb (our
> first day back at school and we were really exhausted).I bled all over
> the place, both kitchen and bathroom and I couldn't open a bandage. It
> kept slipping. Finally I thought, what would Julia do! I then grasped
> a paper towel and applied pressure for 3 minutes, this worked. I
> remembered the Dan Ackroyd skit on SNL wherein she desanguinates,and
> I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a Julia" He said " You
> dropped a chicken!!"
> Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?
>
> Biff
> I'm okay now
> Just can't hit the space bar

She dropped a potato pancake on the stove, not a bird onto the floor.

best regards,
bob

zxcvbob

Biff wrote:
> Hi,
> I was making Bacon and Tomato sandwiches when I cut my thumb (our
> first day back at school and we were really exhausted).I bled all over
> the place, both kitchen and bathroom and I couldn't open a bandage. It
> kept slipping. Finally I thought, what would Julia do! I then grasped
> a paper towel and applied pressure for 3 minutes, this worked. I
> remembered the Dan Ackroyd skit on SNL wherein she desanguinates,and
> I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a Julia" He said " You
> dropped a chicken!!"
> Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?
>
> Biff
> I'm okay now
> Just can't hit the space bar

She dropped a potato pancake on the stove, not a bird onto the floor.

best regards,
bob
jmcquown

zxcvbob wrote:
> Biff wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I was making Bacon and Tomato sandwiches when I cut my thumb (our
>> first day back at school and we were really exhausted).I bled all
>> over the place, both kitchen and bathroom and I couldn't open a
>> bandage. It kept slipping. Finally I thought, what would Julia do! I
>> then grasped a paper towel and applied pressure for 3 minutes, this
>> worked. I remembered the Dan Ackroyd skit on SNL wherein she
>> desanguinates,and I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a
>> Julia" He said " You dropped a chicken!!"
>> Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?
>>
>> Biff
>> I'm okay now
>> Just can't hit the space bar

> She dropped a potato pancake on the stove, not a bird onto the floor.
>
> best regards,
> bob

And who hasn't done that once in a while? <G>

Jill

jmcquown

zxcvbob wrote:
> Biff wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I was making Bacon and Tomato sandwiches when I cut my thumb (our
>> first day back at school and we were really exhausted).I bled all
>> over the place, both kitchen and bathroom and I couldn't open a
>> bandage. It kept slipping. Finally I thought, what would Julia do! I
>> then grasped a paper towel and applied pressure for 3 minutes, this
>> worked. I remembered the Dan Ackroyd skit on SNL wherein she
>> desanguinates,and I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a
>> Julia" He said " You dropped a chicken!!"
>> Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?
>>
>> Biff
>> I'm okay now
>> Just can't hit the space bar

> She dropped a potato pancake on the stove, not a bird onto the floor.
>
> best regards,
> bob

And who hasn't done that once in a while? <G>

Jill

notbob

On 2005-01-04, Biff > wrote:

> I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a Julia" He said " You
> dropped a chicken!!"
> Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?

To the best of my knowledge, she dropped more than a couple things over the
years. She usually picked whatever is was up, made a joke, and carried on.
It's one of the things that made her a real fallible human being just
like her audience and forever endeared her to the masses.

nb
notbob

On 2005-01-04, Biff > wrote:

> I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a Julia" He said " You
> dropped a chicken!!"
> Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?

To the best of my knowledge, she dropped more than a couple things over the
years. She usually picked whatever is was up, made a joke, and carried on.
It's one of the things that made her a real fallible human being just
like her audience and forever endeared her to the masses.

nb

Damsel in dis Dress

On Tue, 4 Jan 2005 00:09:45 -0600, "jmcquown" >
wrote:

>zxcvbob wrote:
>>
>> She dropped a potato pancake on the stove, not a bird onto the floor.

>And who hasn't done that once in a while? <G>

<jumping up and down and waving arms> Me! Me! I've never done that!

Carol

Damsel in dis Dress

wrote:

>zxcvbob wrote:
>>
>> She dropped a potato pancake on the stove, not a bird onto the floor.

>And who hasn't done that once in a while? <G>

<jumping up and down and waving arms> Me! Me! I've never done that!

Carol

~Shelly~

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message

<snip> other stuff...

> Carol
> --
> "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
> 'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so
> pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend
> pleasant. You may quote me."
>
> *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

LUV that movie! (Also still get a kick out of 'Desk Set')

~Shelly~

~Shelly~

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message

<snip> other stuff...

> Carol
> --
> "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
> 'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so
> pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend
> pleasant. You may quote me."
>
> *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

LUV that movie! (Also still get a kick out of 'Desk Set')

~Shelly~

sf

On 3 Jan 2005 18:56:57 -0800,
(Biff) wrote:

> Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?

She dropped a lot of stuff on camera.

sf

Andrew H. Carter

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 07:50:44 GMT, "~Shelly~"
> scribbled some thoughts:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
.. .

><snip> other stuff...
>
>> Carol
>> --
>> "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
>> 'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so
>> pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend
>> pleasant. You may quote me."
>>
>> *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

>LUV that movie! (Also still get a kick out of 'Desk Set')
>
>~Shelly~

When I watch Arsenic and Old Lace I almost always get to the
point where I should have gone to the bathroom, as I would
just about wet myself. That is hilarious, if you've never
seen it, you are missing something quite funny.

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| (©) (©)
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------
d(-_-)b | /// \\\
Bob

Carol replied to Jill:

>>> She dropped a potato pancake on the stove, not a bird onto the floor.

>> And who hasn't done that once in a while? <G>

> <jumping up and down and waving arms> Me! Me! I've never done that!

I've never done that either, but I did something worse: I was making some
kind of Indian bean pancakes. I don't remember exactly what recipe I was
following, but it runs something like this:

Soak black-eyed peas in water until the skins loosen. Remove the skins by
rubbing them in a towel. Put the skinned legumes into a food processor with
cilantro, chile/garlic paste, and some other seasonings. Purée. Heat oil in
a pan, spoon some of the mixture into the middle of the pan pan, and use the
spoon in a spiraling-out motion to shape the mixture into a pancake. Cook
until underside is crusty, flip, and cook until second side is crusty. Serve
with a yogurt-based relish.

See that word "flip" in there? It looks SO innocuous, doesn't it? I'd made
the recipe a dozen times before, and I always flipped the pancakes with the
time-honored deft wrist motion which sends the pancake skyward and gently
rotating so that it lands upside-down back in the pan.

On this occasion, I did the same thing, but what I'd failed to take into
account was the fact that I'd put a little too much oil in the pan. When the
pancake went skyward, about a teaspoon of hot oil went handleward. I had the
scars on the back of my thumb for years.

Bob

Bob

Carol replied to Jill:

>>> She dropped a potato pancake on the stove, not a bird onto the floor.

>> And who hasn't done that once in a while? <G>

> <jumping up and down and waving arms> Me! Me! I've never done that!

I've never done that either, but I did something worse: I was making some
kind of Indian bean pancakes. I don't remember exactly what recipe I was
following, but it runs something like this:

Soak black-eyed peas in water until the skins loosen. Remove the skins by
rubbing them in a towel. Put the skinned legumes into a food processor with
cilantro, chile/garlic paste, and some other seasonings. Purée. Heat oil in
a pan, spoon some of the mixture into the middle of the pan pan, and use the
spoon in a spiraling-out motion to shape the mixture into a pancake. Cook
until underside is crusty, flip, and cook until second side is crusty. Serve
with a yogurt-based relish.

See that word "flip" in there? It looks SO innocuous, doesn't it? I'd made
the recipe a dozen times before, and I always flipped the pancakes with the
time-honored deft wrist motion which sends the pancake skyward and gently
rotating so that it lands upside-down back in the pan.

On this occasion, I did the same thing, but what I'd failed to take into
account was the fact that I'd put a little too much oil in the pan. When the
pancake went skyward, about a teaspoon of hot oil went handleward. I had the
scars on the back of my thumb for years.

Bob

Damsel in dis Dress

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 05:06:16 -0500, Andrew H. Carter
> wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 07:50:44 GMT, "~Shelly~"
> scribbled some thoughts:
>
>>"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> --
>>> "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
>>> 'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so
>>> pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend
>>> pleasant. You may quote me."
>>>
>>> *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

>>LUV that movie! (Also still get a kick out of 'Desk Set')
>>
>>~Shelly~

What's 'Desk Set' about, and who's in it? I've never heard of it, but
anyone who loves 'Harvey' must know a good movie when she sees one.

>When I watch Arsenic and Old Lace I almost always get to the
>point where I should have gone to the bathroom, as I would
>just about wet myself. That is hilarious, if you've never
>seen it, you are missing something quite funny.

That's another big favorite of mine. First, we bought the tape, and a year
ago, we bought the disc. If another medium comes along, we'll buy that,
too. <G>

Carol

Damsel in dis Dress

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 05:06:16 -0500, Andrew H. Carter
> wrote:

>On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 07:50:44 GMT, "~Shelly~"
> scribbled some thoughts:
>
>>"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> --
>>> "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
>>> 'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so
>>> pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend
>>> pleasant. You may quote me."
>>>
>>> *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

>>LUV that movie! (Also still get a kick out of 'Desk Set')
>>
>>~Shelly~

What's 'Desk Set' about, and who's in it? I've never heard of it, but
anyone who loves 'Harvey' must know a good movie when she sees one.

>When I watch Arsenic and Old Lace I almost always get to the
>point where I should have gone to the bathroom, as I would
>just about wet myself. That is hilarious, if you've never
>seen it, you are missing something quite funny.

That's another big favorite of mine. First, we bought the tape, and a year
ago, we bought the disc. If another medium comes along, we'll buy that,
too. <G>

Carol

jmcquown

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 05:06:16 -0500, Andrew H. Carter
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 07:50:44 GMT, "~Shelly~"
>> > scribbled some thoughts:

>>> LUV that movie! (Also still get a kick out of 'Desk Set')
>>>
>>> ~Shelly~

> What's 'Desk Set' about, and who's in it? I've never heard of it, but
> anyone who loves 'Harvey' must know a good movie when she sees one.
>

>> When I watch Arsenic and Old Lace I almost always get to the
>> point where I should have gone to the bathroom, as I would
>> just about wet myself. That is hilarious, if you've never
>> seen it, you are missing something quite funny.

> That's another big favorite of mine. First, we bought the tape, and
> a year ago, we bought the disc. If another medium comes along, we'll
> buy that, too. <G>
>
> Carol

IIRC 'Desk Set' is Kathrine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. Excellent old movie.

Jill

jmcquown

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 05:06:16 -0500, Andrew H. Carter
> > wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 07:50:44 GMT, "~Shelly~"
>> > scribbled some thoughts:

>>> LUV that movie! (Also still get a kick out of 'Desk Set')
>>>
>>> ~Shelly~

> What's 'Desk Set' about, and who's in it? I've never heard of it, but
> anyone who loves 'Harvey' must know a good movie when she sees one.
>

>> When I watch Arsenic and Old Lace I almost always get to the
>> point where I should have gone to the bathroom, as I would
>> just about wet myself. That is hilarious, if you've never
>> seen it, you are missing something quite funny.

> That's another big favorite of mine. First, we bought the tape, and
> a year ago, we bought the disc. If another medium comes along, we'll
> buy that, too. <G>
>
> Carol

IIRC 'Desk Set' is Kathrine Hepburn and Spencer Tracy. Excellent old movie.

Jill

jem

jmcquown wrote:
> Biff wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I was making Bacon and Tomato sandwiches when I cut my thumb (our
>>first day back at school and we were really exhausted).I bled all over
>>the place, both kitchen and bathroom and I couldn't open a bandage. It
>>kept slipping. Finally I thought, what would Julia do! I then grasped
>>a paper towel and applied pressure for 3 minutes, this worked.
>>I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a Julia" He said " You
>>dropped a chicken!!"
>>Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?
>>
>>Biff
>>I'm okay now
>>Just can't hit the space bar

> From what I understand she did indeed drop a chicken - on television -
> picked it up and rinsed it off with a shrug only Julia could pull off.
>
> Jill

I'd do the same thing, but it's amazing that it happened on tv. Must've
been live.
jem

jmcquown wrote:
> Biff wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I was making Bacon and Tomato sandwiches when I cut my thumb (our
>>first day back at school and we were really exhausted).I bled all over
>>the place, both kitchen and bathroom and I couldn't open a bandage. It
>>kept slipping. Finally I thought, what would Julia do! I then grasped
>>a paper towel and applied pressure for 3 minutes, this worked.
>>I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a Julia" He said " You
>>dropped a chicken!!"
>>Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?
>>
>>Biff
>>I'm okay now
>>Just can't hit the space bar

> From what I understand she did indeed drop a chicken - on television -
> picked it up and rinsed it off with a shrug only Julia could pull off.
>
> Jill

I'd do the same thing, but it's amazing that it happened on tv. Must've
been live.
jem

jmcquown wrote:
> Biff wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>I was making Bacon and Tomato sandwiches when I cut my thumb (our
>>first day back at school and we were really exhausted).I bled all over
>>the place, both kitchen and bathroom and I couldn't open a bandage. It
>>kept slipping. Finally I thought, what would Julia do! I then grasped
>>a paper towel and applied pressure for 3 minutes, this worked.
>>I phoned a friend and said " I just pulled a Julia" He said " You
>>dropped a chicken!!"
>>Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?
>>
>>Biff
>>I'm okay now
>>Just can't hit the space bar

> From what I understand she did indeed drop a chicken - on television -
> picked it up and rinsed it off with a shrug only Julia could pull off.
>
> Jill

I'd do the same thing, but it's amazing that it happened on tv. Must've
been live.

Puester

jem wrote:
> jmcquown wrote:
>
>> Biff wrote:
>>
>>> Now, she never actually dropped a chicken did she?
>>>
>>> Biff
>>> I'm okay now
>>> Just can't hit the space bar

>> From what I understand she did indeed drop a chicken - on television -
>> picked it up and rinsed it off with a shrug only Julia could pull off.
>>
>> Jill
>>

> I'd do the same thing, but it's amazing that it happened on tv. Must've
> been live.

IIRC, she did drop a chicken, then in her mumbly voice, warned
something like "That's why you should keep your friends out of
the kitchen while you cook." Her first seasons were done
live, from WGBH, the Boston PBS station. She usually wore black and
frequently wiped her floury hands all over her front, leaving
prints and smears.

My dad, who was a butcher, often watched the show with me and he
thought she was very funny until he watched her bone a leg of lamb
and developed a deep respect for her skills.

gloria p
BOB

Puester wrote:
> jem wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> From what I understand she did indeed drop a chicken - on
>>> television - picked it up and rinsed it off with a shrug only
>>> Julia could pull off. Jill
>>>

>> I'd do the same thing, but it's amazing that it happened on tv.
>> Must've been live.

> IIRC, she did drop a chicken, then in her mumbly voice, warned
> something like "That's why you should keep your friends out of
> the kitchen while you cook." Her first seasons were done
> live, from WGBH, the Boston PBS station. She usually wore black
> and frequently wiped her floury hands all over her front, leaving
> prints and smears.
>
> My dad, who was a butcher, often watched the show with me and he
> thought she was very funny until he watched her bone a leg of lamb
> and developed a deep respect for her skills.
>
> gloria p

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/julia.htm

BOB

Puester wrote:
> jem wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> From what I understand she did indeed drop a chicken - on
>>> television - picked it up and rinsed it off with a shrug only
>>> Julia could pull off. Jill
>>>

>> I'd do the same thing, but it's amazing that it happened on tv.
>> Must've been live.

> IIRC, she did drop a chicken, then in her mumbly voice, warned
> something like "That's why you should keep your friends out of
> the kitchen while you cook." Her first seasons were done
> live, from WGBH, the Boston PBS station. She usually wore black
> and frequently wiped her floury hands all over her front, leaving
> prints and smears.
>
> My dad, who was a butcher, often watched the show with me and he
> thought she was very funny until he watched her bone a leg of lamb
> and developed a deep respect for her skills.
>
> gloria p

http://www.snopes.com/radiotv/tv/julia.htm

>She dropped a potato pancake on the stove, not a bird onto the floor.

CORRECT. And Julia has talked about this....most recently on the
American Masters: Julia Child America's Favorite Chef Video. People
love to perpetuate the rumor, don't they? They used to say she was
drunk on the air as well. And of course we know that's true. I mean
....er....NOT true!! The "wine" that was poured for the final scene in
the French Chef was actually watered down Gravy Master. And Julia
played that to the hilt.....giving it a french accent to make her
audience think Chateau (Gravy Master with French accent) was a real
wine.

>She dropped a potato pancake on the stove, not a bird onto the floor.

CORRECT. And Julia has talked about this....most recently on the
American Masters: Julia Child America's Favorite Chef Video. People
love to perpetuate the rumor, don't they? They used to say she was
drunk on the air as well. And of course we know that's true. I mean
....er....NOT true!! The "wine" that was poured for the final scene in
the French Chef was actually watered down Gravy Master. And Julia
played that to the hilt.....giving it a french accent to make her
audience think Chateau (Gravy Master with French accent) was a real
wine.

>Kathrine Hepburn

KATHARINE Hepburn.

>Kathrine Hepburn

KATHARINE Hepburn.

Terry Pulliam Burd

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 07:50:44 GMT, "~Shelly~" > wrote:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
.. .

><snip> other stuff...
>
>> Carol
>> --
>> "Years ago my mother used to say to me... She'd say,
>> 'In this world Elwood, you must be oh-so smart or oh-so
>> pleasant.' Well, for years I was smart.... I recommend
>> pleasant. You may quote me."
>>
>> *James Stewart* in the 1950 movie, _Harvey_

>LUV that movie! (Also still get a kick out of 'Desk Set')

Saw the play, "Harvey" at the Laguna Playhouse in 2003 with Charles
Durning as Elwood P. Dowd and Dick Van Patten and Joyce Van Patten as
the sanitarium director and Dowd's sister, respectively. Was
absolutely one of the most hilarious plays I have ever seen (with
"Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" down at the Old Globe in Sandy Eggo a close
second). This was supposed to be the out-of-town run before Broadway,
but I don't know if it ever made it that far.

OB food: miserable weather in SoCal, cold and rainy. Made a big pot of
chili for the crockpot this morning and was mighty glad about it after
work. Made some cornbread, uncorked a mighty fine '96 Beringer
Cabernet I've been aging...all is right with my world.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

sf

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:55:53 -0600, zxcvbob
> wrote:
>
> She dropped a potato pancake on the stove, not a bird onto the floor.

The point is that she messed up and didn't blink, so it was
a snapshot of real life. Watching it was almost as good as
having a mom who knew how to cook.

sf

"Julie & Julia", Julia Child, Meryl Streep and Rachel Khoo [email protected] General Cooking 30 04-12-2012 08:42 PM
Julia Child Dora General Cooking 6 09-09-2009 06:15 PM
Julia Child Opinicus Historic 1 28-01-2007 01:35 AM
Julie and Julia: Favorite Julia Child Recipes? Karen MacInerney General Cooking 8 08-01-2006 03:35 PM
"Cookie Recipe-$250.00" <-- Urban Legend but an excellent cookie Herman_Munster Recipes 1 13-01-2005 01:24 AM