FoodBanter.com

-   -   Christmas Emergency Help Needed!!! (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/50070-christmas-emergency-help-needed.html)

Sponge Monkey 25-12-2004 11:59 AM

Christmas Emergency Help Needed!!!

My wife left me this past spring and I have been left to learning to
cook for me and my son. Anyway, being inexperienced, I bought a
Butterball frozen stuffed turkey several weeks ago, and I started
thawing it 4 days ago to make sure it was ready for Christmas dinner. A
few minutes ago, I cut open the net on the package and the big words "DO
NOT THAW" were written on the wrapper. How was I to know that you
didn't thaw the turkey until I cut that net? It was hard to read
through the net!
Anyway, I tried calling the Butterball help line, but they are
closed for the season, and the FAQ's at the website don't mention this
problem. I've tried searching Google for an answer to my problem, but
to no avail.
Am I the only idiot who has ever thawed a Butterball turkey that
says do not thaw? Is it safe to cook and eat? If so how? It weighs
about 9 1/2 pounds including wrapper, stuffing, gravy packet etc. Now
that I carefully examine the package there are warnings all over, not to
thaw it.
If anybody has experienced this or has worked for Butterball, could
you please give me an answer to my questions?

Thank you and Merry Christmas,
Steve