Damsel in dis Dress

Default Funny Corporate Greed

Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

Carol

SportKite1

>From: Damsel in dis Dress

>Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

LOL! That's a good one!

Ellen

Jessica V.

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494
>
> Carol

Excellent.
Jessica V.

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494
>
> Carol

Excellent.
Dimitri

"Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
> Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494
>
> Carol

LOL

Dimitri

Mark Thorson

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

Well, they _are_ selling the book at a substantial discount.

What was it Lenin said about when it comes time to hang
all the capitalists . . . .

Mark Thorson

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

Well, they _are_ selling the book at a substantial discount.

What was it Lenin said about when it comes time to hang
all the capitalists . . . .

Damsel in dis Dress

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:59:04 GMT, Mark Thorson > wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
>> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

>Well, they _are_ selling the book at a substantial discount.

That changes everything! Yet another humanitarian gesture. <G>

Carol

Damsel in dis Dress

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 20:59:04 GMT, Mark Thorson > wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>
>> Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
>> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

>Well, they _are_ selling the book at a substantial discount.

That changes everything! Yet another humanitarian gesture. <G>

Carol

Nancy Young

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> "Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
>> Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
>> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494
>>
>> Carol

> LOL

I don't get the joke. Plus, I hate clicking on sites, I would like to have
some
idea before I bother. So, what's so funny?

nancy

Dimitri

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> "Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
>>> Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
>>> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494
>>>
>>> Carol

>> LOL

> I don't get the joke. Plus, I hate clicking on sites, I would like to
> have some
> idea before I bother. So, what's so funny?
>
> nancy

The Book is :"How Walmart Is Destroying America And The World: And What You
Can Do About It"
It's on sale at Wal Mart dot com at a 31% discount...

Dimitri

Damsel in dis Dress

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:40:24 -0500, "Nancy Young" >
wrote:

>"Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> "Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
>>> Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
>>> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494
>>>
>>> Carol

>> LOL

>I don't get the joke. Plus, I hate clicking on sites, I would like to have
>some idea before I bother. So, what's so funny?

It's an ad for a book on the WalMart website. The book's title is:
"How Walmart Is Destroying America And The World: And What You Can Do About
It"

Carol

Damsel in dis Dress

wrote:

>"Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> "Damsel in dis Dress" > wrote in message
>>> Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
>>> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494
>>>
>>> Carol

>> LOL

>I don't get the joke. Plus, I hate clicking on sites, I would like to have
>some idea before I bother. So, what's so funny?

It's an ad for a book on the WalMart website. The book's title is:
"How Walmart Is Destroying America And The World: And What You Can Do About
It"

Carol

The Ranger

> >From: Damsel in dis Dress
> >Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
> >http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

"I don't care what they say about me as long as they spell my name
right." Truman/Warhol/*

The Ranger
Steve Calvin

The Ranger wrote:
>>>From: Damsel in dis Dress
>>>Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
>>>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

> "I don't care what they say about me as long as they spell my name
> right." Truman/Warhol/*
>
> The Ranger

lol, leave it to you Carol.

--
Steve

It's not a good idea to squat while wearing spurs.

orion

Whelp, missed it. Product not found is all I get. Maybe they've got
it at K-Mart.

;-)

Suzan

Damsel in dis Dress

On 28 Dec 2004 15:13:39 -0800, "orion" > wrote:

>Whelp, missed it. Product not found is all I get. Maybe they've got
>it at K-Mart.
>
>;-)
>
>Suzan

I still have it on my browser:

Description (from the publisher or distributor)

Since Wal-Mart opened two superstores thirteen miles from Grand Saline,
Texas, half of the retail businesses in Bill Quinn's once-thriving hometown
have closed. But dismantling the American dream wasn't enough for this
retail Goliath, and now Wal-Mart is aiming for world domination. If you've
ever wanted to fight for the little guy, now's the time -- and this feisty
Texas grandpa will show you how.

Carol

Damsel in dis Dress

On 28 Dec 2004 15:13:39 -0800, "orion" > wrote:

>Whelp, missed it. Product not found is all I get. Maybe they've got
>it at K-Mart.
>
>;-)
>
>Suzan

I still have it on my browser:

Description (from the publisher or distributor)

Since Wal-Mart opened two superstores thirteen miles from Grand Saline,
Texas, half of the retail businesses in Bill Quinn's once-thriving hometown
have closed. But dismantling the American dream wasn't enough for this
retail Goliath, and now Wal-Mart is aiming for world domination. If you've
ever wanted to fight for the little guy, now's the time -- and this feisty
Texas grandpa will show you how.

Carol

Damsel in dis Dress

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:01:54 -0500, Steve Calvin >
wrote:

>lol, leave it to you Carol.

Nah, got this one from Crash. He's a real troublemaker. I'm just a
troublemaker in training.

Carol

Steve Calvin

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

>>lol, leave it to you Carol.

> Nah, got this one from Crash. He's a real troublemaker. I'm just a
> troublemaker in training.
>
> Carol

Sounds like I'd like 'im! :-D

--
Steve

It's not a good idea to squat while wearing spurs.

Damsel in dis Dress

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:35:55 -0500, Steve Calvin >
wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
>> On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:01:54 -0500, Steve Calvin >
>> wrote:
>>>
>>>lol, leave it to you Carol.

>> Nah, got this one from Crash. He's a real troublemaker. I'm just a
>> troublemaker in training.

>Sounds like I'd like 'im! :-D

You will!

Carol

Nancy Young

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
> The Book is :"How Walmart Is Destroying America And The World: And What
> You Can Do About It"
> It's on sale at Wal Mart dot com at a 31% discount...

That is funny. Thanks. I'm still getting accustomed to my new pc and
Windows Xp, whatever it is, be patient with me.

nancy

pennyaline

"Damsel in dis Dress" wrote:
> Nancy wrote:
> >I don't get the joke. Plus, I hate clicking on sites, I would like to

have
> >some idea before I bother. So, what's so funny?

> It's an ad for a book on the WalMart website. The book's title is:
> "How Walmart Is Destroying America And The World: And What You Can Do

About
> It"

It's likely that she (and I) didn't get the joke because the link opens a
page that says some unidentified product is not available.

<so you see, things are not always obvious >

Damsel in dis Dress

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 17:57:37 -0700, "pennyaline"
> wrote:

>It's likely that she (and I) didn't get the joke because the link opens a
>page that says some unidentified product is not available.
>
><so you see, things are not always obvious >

It was an active link when I posted it. I think word must have gotten back
to WalMart, and they pulled the product.

<so you see, things aren't always as the seem>

Carol

pennyaline

"Damsel in dis Dress" wrote:
> "pennyaline" wrote:
>
> >It's likely that she (and I) didn't get the joke because the link opens a
> >page that says some unidentified product is not available.
> >
> ><so you see, things are not always obvious >

> It was an active link when I posted it. I think word must have gotten

back
> to WalMart, and they pulled the product.
>
> <so you see, things aren't always as the seem>

The sincerest form of flattery!

< ((blush))... thank you, very much >

Dimitri

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message
>> The Book is :"How Walmart Is Destroying America And The World: And What
>> You Can Do About It"
>> It's on sale at Wal Mart dot com at a 31% discount...

> That is funny. Thanks. I'm still getting accustomed to my new pc and
> Windows Xp, whatever it is, be patient with me.
>
> nancy

Windows XP = eXtra Patient ('cause it'll **** you off)

;-)

Dimitri

Damsel in dis Dress

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:06:53 -0700, "pennyaline"
> wrote:

>"Damsel in dis Dress" wrote:
>> "pennyaline" wrote:
>>
>> ><so you see, things are not always obvious >

>> <so you see, things aren't always as the seem>

>The sincerest form of flattery!
>
>< ((blush))... thank you, very much >

ROFLMAO!!! Gotta love a woman with a great sense of humor!

<so you see, you can have fun on Usenet, after all>

Carol

LibraryCat513

What was it? I missed it, by the time I got to click on the link it
said product not found. I hate missing a joke.

LibraryCat513

What was it? I missed it, by the time I got to click on the link it
said product not found. I hate missing a joke.

Puester

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
> http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

OK, somebody 'splain it to me, please. I keep getting
"product not found" when I go to that Walmart site.

gloria p

Terry Pulliam Burd

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:56:39 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

Dammit - I got, "Product not found." What, eggsackly, was it??

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Terry Pulliam Burd

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:56:39 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:

>Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

Dammit - I got, "Product not found." What, eggsackly, was it??

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
AAC(F)BV66.0748.CA

-- Duncan Hines

Dave Smith

Puester wrote:

> Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> > Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
> > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494
> >

> OK, somebody 'splain it to me, please. I keep getting
> "product not found" when I go to that Walmart site.

The link worked when I tried it a few hours ago but it does say "product
not found" now. It was a book titled "How Walmart Is Destroying America
And The World: And What You
Can Do About It"

Damsel in dis Dress

I guess WalMart has taken this item off of their site. I still have it
open in my browser. They were advertising a book for sale.

How Walmart Is Destroying America And The World:
And What You Can Do About It

Andrew H. Carter

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:36:55 -0800, Terry Pulliam Burd
> scribbled some thoughts:

>On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 13:56:39 -0600, Damsel in dis Dress
> wrote:
>
>>Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
>>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494
>>

>Dammit - I got, "Product not found." What, eggsackly, was it??

http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache...% 20target=nw

or

http://tinyurl.com/5h9oa

Author: Quinn, Bill

I dare say the WalMart sensors didn't like it, so pulled it.

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| (©) (©)
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------
d(-_-)b | /// \\\

Nancree

>OK, somebody 'splain it to me, please. I keep getting
>"product not found" when I go to that Walmart site.
>
>gloria p

-------------------------
Me, too !
Nancree

Blair P. Houghton

Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

"Product not found"?

--Blair
"Musta worked."
Damsel in dis Dress

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 04:31:27 GMT, Blair P. Houghton > wrote:

>Damsel in dis Dress > wrote:
>>Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:
>>http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

>"Product not found"?

I think we scared them. <EG>

> --Blair
> "Musta worked."

It sure did, earlier today. See the link that Andrew Carter posted of the
Google-cached site.

Carol

Katra

In article >,
(SportKite1) wrote:

> >From: Damsel in dis Dress

> >Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

> LOL! That's a good one!
>
> Ellen

What was it????

I got "product not found".

Odds are, the site was hacked.
There was a Target ad a couple of weeks ago for bags of marijuana. <G>
--
K.
Andrew H. Carter

On Wed, 29 Dec 2004 01:15:44 -0600, Katra
> scribbled some thoughts:

>In article >,
> (SportKite1) wrote:
>
>> >From: Damsel in dis Dress

>> >Some stores will sell ANYTHING to make a buck:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=3416494

>> LOL! That's a good one!
>>
>> Ellen
>>

>What was it????
>
>I got "product not found".
>
>Odds are, the site was hacked.
>There was a Target ad a couple of weeks ago for bags of marijuana. <G>

http://tinyurl.com/5h9oa

--

Sincerely, | NOTE: Best viewed in a fixed pitch font
| (©) (©)
Andrew H. Carter | ------ooo--(_)--ooo------

Corporate agriculture sucks... Dänk 1010011010 General Cooking 20 27-10-2009 01:10 AM
Bordeaux greed 2006 John T Wine 0 14-07-2007 12:18 PM
Where does greed come from? Could you give me some tools to help me deal with it? Roedy Green General Cooking 2 23-10-2006 08:18 PM
Funny Corporate Greed Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 0 28-12-2004 08:56 PM
Another Corporate Takeover - Sorta OT SportKite1 General Cooking 8 07-06-2004 02:33 PM