FoodBanter.com

-   -   A toast (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/49227-toast.html)

zuuum 24-12-2004 09:24 PM

A toast

Lifting a glass of high-octane eggnog...

"In a subject as vast as food, there is always more to learn, no matter how
many years spent dedicated to it. Here's to those in rfc, both expert and
novice, who not only share expert knowledge, but also those willing, at
times, to risk asking what feels like a silly question. Some of the
simplist questions have lead to responses I have definitely learned from.
The net is such a great way to learn from others in other cultures and
generations. I tip my toque.

Have a properous new year, filled with good times and good food."

Damsel in dis Dress 25-12-2004 09:21 PM

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 21:24:27 GMT, "zuuum" > wrote:

>Lifting a glass of high-octane eggnog...
>
>"In a subject as vast as food, there is always more to learn, no matter how
>many years spent dedicated to it. Here's to those in rfc, both expert and
>novice, who not only share expert knowledge, but also those willing, at
>times, to risk asking what feels like a silly question. Some of the
>simplist questions have lead to responses I have definitely learned from.
>The net is such a great way to learn from others in other cultures and
>generations. I tip my toque.
>
>Have a properous new year, filled with good times and good food."

Sharing in the toast with a can of cold A&W diet root beer.

Happy New Year to you, too. :)

Steve Calvin 25-12-2004 10:08 PM

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:
> On Fri, 24 Dec 2004 21:24:27 GMT, "zuuum" > wrote:
>

>>Lifting a glass of high-octane eggnog...
>>
>>"In a subject as vast as food, there is always more to learn, no matter how
>>many years spent dedicated to it. Here's to those in rfc, both expert and
>>novice, who not only share expert knowledge, but also those willing, at
>>times, to risk asking what feels like a silly question. Some of the
>>simplist questions have lead to responses I have definitely learned from.
>>The net is such a great way to learn from others in other cultures and
>>generations. I tip my toque.
>>
>>Have a properous new year, filled with good times and good food."

> Sharing in the toast with a can of cold A&W diet root beer.
>
> Happy New Year to you, too. :)

Excellent post. The best of things to you and all in the coming year.

<tipping a glass of Chevis Royal Salute (neat, of course ;-) >

--
Steve

It's not a good idea to squat while wearing spurs.

Steve Calvin 25-12-2004 10:08 PM