JLove98905

Default can I freeze stroganoff?

I made a large batch of beef stroganoff. I fear I'll get sick of it before I
can finish it off. Can it be frozen (not the noodles, just the sauce)?

-Jen
Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

Kswck

"JLove98905" > wrote in message
> I made a large batch of beef stroganoff. I fear I'll get sick of it before

> can finish it off. Can it be frozen (not the noodles, just the sauce)?
>
> -Jen
> Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

I believe you can. The milk products are cooked so there should be no
problem. Someone correct me if I am wrong-but tell me why as well.

Laura

before adding the sour cream you could freeze some. A GF used to freeze is
after. She said, looks bad, tastes fine. I eat with my eyes though so I
passed.

--
Laura

GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT!

"Nancree" > wrote in message
> >Subject: can I freeze stroganoff?
> >From: OSPAM (JLove98905)

> -------------------------------
> Good question. Usually milk products, such as sour cream, separate and

appear
> curdled after freezing and defrosting. Let us know.
> Nancree

Barry Grau

"Laura" > wrote in message >...
> before adding the sour cream you could freeze some. A GF used to freeze is
> after. She said, looks bad, tastes fine. I eat with my eyes though so I
> passed.

Yes, but do you drink with your eyes?

> --
> Laura
>
> GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT!

We already have a cabbagehead for President.

-bwg
Drink to me only with thine eyes,
And I will pledge with mine.
-Ben Jonson

Stroganoff. Jeßus[_3_] General Cooking 44 16-02-2014 10:59 PM
not Stroganoff aem General Cooking 22 07-03-2010 02:37 AM
Stroganoff telephone General Cooking 29 11-11-2008 12:41 AM
Freeze or not to freeze fett. alfredo or just sauce Dee Dee General Cooking 9 02-05-2007 03:32 AM
Freeze or not to freeze fett. alfredo or just sauce Dee Dee General Cooking 1 01-05-2007 06:10 PM