Old 03-03-2004, 01:03 AM
JLove98905

Default can I freeze stroganoff?

I made a large batch of beef stroganoff. I fear I'll get sick of it before I
can finish it off. Can it be frozen (not the noodles, just the sauce)?

-Jen
Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

Old 03-03-2004, 10:24 AM
Kswck

"JLove98905" wrote in message
I made a large batch of beef stroganoff. I fear I'll get sick of it before

can finish it off. Can it be frozen (not the noodles, just the sauce)?

-Jen
Half the people you know are below average. -Steven Wright

I believe you can. The milk products are cooked so there should be no
problem. Someone correct me if I am wrong-but tell me why as well.

Old 03-03-2004, 06:01 PM
Laura

before adding the sour cream you could freeze some. A GF used to freeze is
after. She said, looks bad, tastes fine. I eat with my eyes though so I
passed.

--
Laura

GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT!

Subject: can I freeze stroganoff?
From: OSPAM (JLove98905)

-------------------------------
Good question. Usually milk products, such as sour cream, separate and

appear
curdled after freezing and defrosting. Let us know.
Nancree

Old 03-03-2004, 11:20 PM
Barry Grau

"Laura" wrote in message ...
before adding the sour cream you could freeze some. A GF used to freeze is
after. She said, looks bad, tastes fine. I eat with my eyes though so I
passed.

Yes, but do you drink with your eyes?

--
Laura

GAYLAN FOR PRESIDENT!

We already have a cabbagehead for President.

-bwg
Drink to me only with thine eyes,
And I will pledge with mine.
-Ben Jonson

Stroganoff. Jeus[_3_] General Cooking 44 16-02-2014 09:59 PM
not Stroganoff aem General Cooking 22 07-03-2010 01:37 AM
Stroganoff telephone General Cooking 29 10-11-2008 11:41 PM
Freeze or not to freeze fett. alfredo or just sauce Dee Dee General Cooking 9 02-05-2007 03:32 AM
Freeze or not to freeze fett. alfredo or just sauce Dee Dee General Cooking 1 01-05-2007 06:10 PM