Bubba

Default Errant poblano

If stress causes heat increase in chilies, I got a poblano yesterday
that needed some serious therapy. I was chopping away (and, of course,
have to taste while I chop) and popped a chunk of poblano in my
mouth.....Wham! We're talking high end jalapeno type heat. Not that
that's a bad thing, but it sure was a surprise!
Anyone else out there ever get a "zinger"?

Bubba

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?

Katra

In article >,
Bubba > wrote:

> If stress causes heat increase in chilies, I got a poblano yesterday
> that needed some serious therapy. I was chopping away (and, of course,
> have to taste while I chop) and popped a chunk of poblano in my
> mouth.....Wham! We're talking high end jalapeno type heat. Not that
> that's a bad thing, but it sure was a surprise!
> Anyone else out there ever get a "zinger"?
>
> Bubba

Not poblanos, but I've gotten horribly hot jalapenos during drought
conditions.

I gave most of those to the cockatoo.

She loves hot stuff, then loves to play kissy with a pepper stained beak!

Gives a whole new meaning to the term "hot lips".
--
K.
Bubba

Katra wrote:

>In article >,
> Bubba > wrote:
>

>>If stress causes heat increase in chilies, I got a poblano yesterday
>>that needed some serious therapy. I was chopping away (and, of course,
>>have to taste while I chop) and popped a chunk of poblano in my
>>mouth.....Wham! We're talking high end jalapeno type heat. Not that
>>that's a bad thing, but it sure was a surprise!
>>Anyone else out there ever get a "zinger"?
>>
>>Bubba
>>

>Not poblanos, but I've gotten horribly hot jalapenos during drought
>conditions.
>
>I gave most of those to the cockatoo.
>
>She loves hot stuff, then loves to play kissy with a pepper stained beak!
>
>Gives a whole new meaning to the term "hot lips".

I'll bet!!! And that's why pepper spray won't keep birds from eating a
garden....they have no receptors for capsaicin.

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?

Katra

In article >,
Bubba > wrote:

> Katra wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > Bubba > wrote:
> >

> >>If stress causes heat increase in chilies, I got a poblano yesterday
> >>that needed some serious therapy. I was chopping away (and, of course,
> >>have to taste while I chop) and popped a chunk of poblano in my
> >>mouth.....Wham! We're talking high end jalapeno type heat. Not that
> >>that's a bad thing, but it sure was a surprise!
> >>Anyone else out there ever get a "zinger"?
> >>
> >>Bubba
> >>

> >Not poblanos, but I've gotten horribly hot jalapenos during drought
> >conditions.
> >
> >I gave most of those to the cockatoo.
> >
> >She loves hot stuff, then loves to play kissy with a pepper stained beak!
> >
> >Gives a whole new meaning to the term "hot lips".
> >

> I'll bet!!! And that's why pepper spray won't keep birds from eating a
> garden....they have no receptors for capsaicin.

It's an excellent source of vitamin C for parrots, and does not attract
as many fruit flies as citrus does. :-)

Capsaicin supposedly will work for squirrels tho', and without driving
off your wild birds for the very reason you just mentioned!

Cayanne in the bird feeders as a squirrel repellant is rumored to help,
but I've not tried it yet.

Anyone???

--
K.

Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

JimLane

Katra wrote:
> In article >,
> Bubba > wrote:
>

>>If stress causes heat increase in chilies, I got a poblano yesterday
>>that needed some serious therapy. I was chopping away (and, of course,
>>have to taste while I chop) and popped a chunk of poblano in my
>>mouth.....Wham! We're talking high end jalapeno type heat. Not that
>>that's a bad thing, but it sure was a surprise!
>>Anyone else out there ever get a "zinger"?
>>
>>Bubba

> Not poblanos, but I've gotten horribly hot jalapenos during drought
> conditions.
>
> I gave most of those to the cockatoo.
>
> She loves hot stuff, then loves to play kissy with a pepper stained beak!
>
> Gives a whole new meaning to the term "hot lips".

And for us, "ring of fire."

jim

JimLane

Bubba wrote:
> If stress causes heat increase in chilies, I got a poblano yesterday
> that needed some serious therapy. I was chopping away (and, of course,
> have to taste while I chop) and popped a chunk of poblano in my
> mouth.....Wham! We're talking high end jalapeno type heat. Not that
> that's a bad thing, but it sure was a surprise!
> Anyone else out there ever get a "zinger"?
>
> Bubba

I've encountered a few hot ones over time. Happened one time when a less
heat tolerant friend and I were having dinner. We simply swapped plates.

jim
JimLane

Bubba wrote:
> If stress causes heat increase in chilies, I got a poblano yesterday
> that needed some serious therapy. I was chopping away (and, of course,
> have to taste while I chop) and popped a chunk of poblano in my
> mouth.....Wham! We're talking high end jalapeno type heat. Not that
> that's a bad thing, but it sure was a surprise!
> Anyone else out there ever get a "zinger"?
>
> Bubba

I've encountered a few hot ones over time. Happened one time when a less
heat tolerant friend and I were having dinner. We simply swapped plates.

jim
Katra

In article >,
JimLane > wrote:

> Katra wrote:
> > In article >,
> > Bubba > wrote:
> >

> >>If stress causes heat increase in chilies, I got a poblano yesterday
> >>that needed some serious therapy. I was chopping away (and, of course,
> >>have to taste while I chop) and popped a chunk of poblano in my
> >>mouth.....Wham! We're talking high end jalapeno type heat. Not that
> >>that's a bad thing, but it sure was a surprise!
> >>Anyone else out there ever get a "zinger"?
> >>
> >>Bubba

> > Not poblanos, but I've gotten horribly hot jalapenos during drought
> > conditions.
> >
> > I gave most of those to the cockatoo.
> >
> > She loves hot stuff, then loves to play kissy with a pepper stained beak!
> >
> > Gives a whole new meaning to the term "hot lips".

> And for us, "ring of fire."
>

> jim

<lol> Indeed... ;-)
C'mon Ice Cream!!!
--
K.

¡Poblano! Todd Diabetic 67 20-06-2013 06:29 PM
Poblano peppers Linda[_12_] Mexican Cooking 0 26-02-2013 06:05 PM
Poblano harvest is in Paul M. Cook General Cooking 13 26-10-2009 03:22 AM
Poblano chilis Laura Friesen Mexican Cooking 7 26-07-2005 03:57 AM
Possible errant post - from Barb at Margaret's Margaret Suran General Cooking 16 12-11-2004 08:03 PM