Sue

Default St. David's Day

Today is St. David's Day, St. David being the patron saint of Wales. Since
my husband is Welsh, I thought that I would wish a happy St. David's day to
any expat
or pat Welsh. I only wish I had some nice leeks to make leek and potato
soup.
Next week when I go shopping perhaps.
Have a very nice day,
Sue

Julian9EHP

Misremembered; I don't have the text in front of me. It's from a flyting about
Wales:

"Ten cooks," he said, "one wedding sees."
"Yes," came the answer, "each man brings his cheese."

My Welsh cookbook, which quotes this, has disappeared. :-(

E. P.
Dennis G.

"Sue" > wrote:

>Today is St. David's Day, St. David being the patron saint of Wales. Since
>my husband is Welsh, I thought that I would wish a happy St. David's day to
>any expat
> or pat Welsh. I only wish I had some nice leeks to make leek and potato
>soup.
>Next week when I go shopping perhaps.
>Have a very nice day,
>Sue

My wife is flying the dragon today and dreaming of Merthyr !

Dennis
Chris and Bob Neidecker

"Sue" > wrote in message
> Today is St. David's Day, St. David being the patron saint of Wales.

Since
> my husband is Welsh, I thought that I would wish a happy St. David's day

> any expat
> or pat Welsh. I only wish I had some nice leeks to make leek and potato
> soup.

Wow, I'll have to tell my mother-in-law. Her dad's name was David and
they're of Welsh descent. And now our family has another David, my
almost-6-month-old baby. In future years we will make some potato and leek
soup on this day!

Thanks for posting that.

Chris

David Lake RIP JT Wine 2 09-10-2009 08:28 AM
David Rosengarten Gloria P General Cooking 4 16-11-2008 05:20 PM
David Wolfe Laurie Vegan 0 18-09-2008 10:48 PM
St David's Day Food Brian General Cooking 7 25-01-2008 12:57 AM
David Hoffman book Melinda Tea 8 05-12-2004 06:50 PM