Nancree

Default Good Peanut Butter vs. Bad Peanut Butter

Most peanut butters that are in supermarkets don't have oil rising to the
top--they are of one consistency. This means that they have "Hydrogenated
fat", which is very bad for your health--like butter, or beef fat.

You can usually find at least one brand that has the oil floating on the top.
(On the West Coast that brand is "Laura Scudder". ) This is the healthy,
good kind. No "Hydrogenated fats or oils". You can stir it up and store it in
the fridge, where it will stay mixed. Or you can leave it on the shelf, and
give it a stir each time you use it.

Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
"separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.
Peter Aitken

"Nancree" > wrote in message
> Most peanut butters that are in supermarkets don't have oil rising to the
> top--they are of one consistency. This means that they have "Hydrogenated
> fat", which is very bad for your health--like butter, or beef fat.
>
> You can usually find at least one brand that has the oil floating on the

top.
> (On the West Coast that brand is "Laura Scudder". ) This is the

healthy,
> good kind. No "Hydrogenated fats or oils". You can stir it up and store

it in
> the fridge, where it will stay mixed. Or you can leave it on the shelf,

and
> give it a stir each time you use it.
>
> Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
> "separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

I think you are wrong. The oil rising to the top is the result of no added
sugar. Still, you are right in that the natural peanut butter with the oil
on top is healthier.

--
Peter Aitken

Default User

Peter Aitken wrote:

> I think you are wrong. The oil rising to the top is the result of no added
> sugar. Still, you are right in that the natural peanut butter with the oil
> on top is healthier.

No, she's right. The partially hydrogenated fats keep the oil from
separating out. From the Jif website FAQs:

Is there a huge difference between regular peanut butter and natural
peanut butter?
Peanut butter today is remarkably like that made 100 years ago. All
peanut butter must, by law, contain a minimum of 90% peanuts. Both
natural and regular peanut butters may contain some sugar and salt for
flavoring. Some brands also contain a small amount of stabilizer
(partially hydrogenated vegetable oil) to keep the oil from separating,
which most consumers prefer. This also helps maintain peanut butter
freshness.

Another common brand is Smucker's, it's what I buy when I buy peanut
butter. Alton Brown on his show about nuts made some cashew butter that
was probably delicious.

Brian Rodenborn
Saerah

Nancree wrote in message >...
>Most peanut butters that are in supermarkets don't have oil rising to the
>top--they are of one consistency. This means that they have "Hydrogenated
>fat", which is very bad for your health--like butter, or beef fat.

I have peanut butter in my refrigerator right now that does not have oil
floating on the top. It contains no hydrogenated oils.
I do prefer the kind that separates ( i think it tastes better, and it works
better in recipes), but I'm just saying...

>You can usually find at least one brand that has the oil floating on the

top.
>(On the West Coast that brand is "Laura Scudder". ) This is the healthy,
>good kind. No "Hydrogenated fats or oils". You can stir it up and store

it in
>the fridge, where it will stay mixed. Or you can leave it on the shelf, and
>give it a stir each time you use it.
>
>Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
>"separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

Saerah

Peter Aitken wrote in message ...
>"Nancree" > wrote in message
>> Most peanut butters that are in supermarkets don't have oil rising to the
>> top--they are of one consistency. This means that they have

"Hydrogenated
>> fat", which is very bad for your health--like butter, or beef fat.
>>
>> You can usually find at least one brand that has the oil floating on the

>top.
>> (On the West Coast that brand is "Laura Scudder". ) This is the

>healthy,
>> good kind. No "Hydrogenated fats or oils". You can stir it up and store

>it in
>> the fridge, where it will stay mixed. Or you can leave it on the shelf,

>and
>> give it a stir each time you use it.
>>
>> Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
>> "separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

>I think you are wrong. The oil rising to the top is the result of no added
>sugar. Still, you are right in that the natural peanut butter with the oil
>on top is healthier.

the peanut butter i bought last week contains only peanuts and salt, and the
oil doesnt rise to the top.

>--
>Peter Aitken
>
>Remove the crap from my email address before using.

Wayne Boatwright

"Saerah" > wrote in
:

> Peter Aitken wrote in message ...
>>"Nancree" > wrote in message
>>> Most peanut butters that are in supermarkets don't have oil rising
>>> to the top--they are of one consistency. This means that they have

> "Hydrogenated
>>> fat", which is very bad for your health--like butter, or beef fat.
>>>
>>> You can usually find at least one brand that has the oil floating on
>>> the

>>top.
>>> (On the West Coast that brand is "Laura Scudder". ) This is the

>>healthy,
>>> good kind. No "Hydrogenated fats or oils". You can stir it up and
>>> store

>>it in
>>> the fridge, where it will stay mixed. Or you can leave it on the
>>> shelf,

>>and
>>> give it a stir each time you use it.
>>>
>>> Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the
>>> oil "separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much
>>> healthier.

>>I think you are wrong. The oil rising to the top is the result of no
>>added sugar. Still, you are right in that the natural peanut butter
>>with the oil on top is healthier.
>>

> the peanut butter i bought last week contains only peanuts and salt,
> and the oil doesnt rise to the top.

Both Smucker's and Laura Scudder's recommend stirring the contents of the
jar after opening and then storing in the refrigerator. I haven't
noticed a lot of separation with either brand, but there is some. When
kept in the refrigerator, separation is prevented.

Wayne
zxcvbob

Saerah wrote:

> the peanut butter i bought last week contains only peanuts and salt, and the
> oil doesnt rise to the top.

It will eventually, even if refrigerated.

Bob
Saerah

:

>> Peter Aitken wrote in message ...

>> "Hydrogenated

>>>top.
>>>healthy,
>>>it in
>>>and

>>>I think you are wrong. The oil rising to the top is the result of no
>>>added sugar. Still, you are right in that the natural peanut butter
>>>with the oil on top is healthier.
>>>

>> the peanut butter i bought last week contains only peanuts and salt,
>> and the oil doesnt rise to the top.

>Both Smucker's and Laura Scudder's recommend stirring the contents of the
>jar after opening and then storing in the refrigerator. I haven't
>noticed a lot of separation with either brand, but there is some. When
>kept in the refrigerator, separation is prevented.

it wasn't separated when i bought it. since it has no preservatives, i worry
about it going rancid. which is why , now that it is opened, i keep it in
the fridge

--
Saerah

TANSTAAFL

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing
swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive
power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some
farcical aquatic ceremony."

Saerah

zxcvbob wrote in message ...
>Saerah wrote:
>>

>> the peanut butter i bought last week contains only peanuts and salt, and

the
>> oil doesnt rise to the top.
>>

>It will eventually, even if refrigerated.

well, ok . ive never bought this brand before, but i thought id give it a
try. i definitely prefer the "oil on top" variety.

--
Saerah

TANSTAAFL

"Strange women lying in ponds distributing
swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive
power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some
farcical aquatic ceremony."

sd

In article t>,
Donna Rose > wrote:

> several earlier posters have indicated that if you keep your peanut
> butter in the refrigerator it will not separate as readily.

It helps if you store the jar upside down in the refrigerator, too.
Some of the peanut butter mixes with the separated oil. I find it's
easier to stir.

sd
Shirley Thebaglady

Teddie's peanut butter is made from peanuts only. It has the oil on top.
A nutritionist told my hubby about this brand. It comes in no-salt added
to it and, regular creamy too. I buy it at a food chain store- Stop and
Shop and Shaw's sells it too.

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, zxcvbob
> wrote:

> Saerah wrote:
> >

> > the peanut butter i bought last week contains only peanuts and
> > salt, and the oil doesnt rise to the top.

> It will eventually, even if refrigerated.
>
> Bob

Not if he eats it fast enough. :-P
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> updated 2-19-04 -- Dufus picture posted!
Stark Raven

In article >, Curly Sue
> wrote:

> I never cared for the natural peanut butters. Maybe they've changed
> in the many years since I last tried them and I'll give them a try
> again. However, I don't think my usual supermarket carries any; my
> alternate might.
>
> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

Kroger's natural peanut butter has a rich, peanut taste, separates with
non-use, and does not go rancid in cabinet storage. Since it does
separate it may not be a good "kiddy" peanut butter, but with moderate
conditioning of the wrist and forearm I don't find re-stirring peanut
butter to be much of a problem.

RMiller

>You can usually find at least one brand that has the oil floating on the top.
>(On the West Coast that brand is "Laura Scudder". ) This is the healthy,
>good kind. No "Hydrogenated fats or oils". You can stir it up and store it
>in
>the fridge, where it will stay mixed. Or you can leave it on the shelf, and
>give it a stir each time you use it.
>
>Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
>"separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

I buy the Laura Scudder , crunchy, and the main reason I get it , is because
it tastes much better than that other kind with all the sugar added. I buy a
couple of jars at a time, put in my Kitchen Aid mixer and get them well mixed,
then back into the jars, it doesn't' seperate any more and stays nice and
spreadable.
Rosie
zxcvbob

Stark Raven wrote:

> In article >, Curly Sue
> > wrote:
>

>>I never cared for the natural peanut butters. Maybe they've changed
>>in the many years since I last tried them and I'll give them a try
>>again. However, I don't think my usual supermarket carries any; my
>>alternate might.
>>
>>Sue(tm)
>>Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

> Kroger's natural peanut butter has a rich, peanut taste, separates with
> non-use, and does not go rancid in cabinet storage. Since it does
> separate it may not be a good "kiddy" peanut butter, but with moderate
> conditioning of the wrist and forearm I don't find re-stirring peanut
> butter to be much of a problem.

When I was a kid, we discovered a Krogers that had a peanut grinder and
they made their own fresh peanut butter from roasted red-skin peanuts. It
was wonderful stuff, with a slightly gritty texture from the peanut skins.
We did not refrigerate it, we just bought it in small batches and stirred
it before we used it.

Bob
Nexis

"Nancree" > wrote in message
> Most peanut butters that are in supermarkets don't have oil rising to the
> top--they are of one consistency. This means that they have "Hydrogenated
> fat", which is very bad for your health--like butter, or beef fat.
>
> You can usually find at least one brand that has the oil floating on the

top.
> (On the West Coast that brand is "Laura Scudder". ) This is the

healthy,
> good kind. No "Hydrogenated fats or oils". You can stir it up and store

it in
> the fridge, where it will stay mixed. Or you can leave it on the shelf,

and
> give it a stir each time you use it.
>
> Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
> "separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

There's a place here in San Diego called Nutters, that not only makes the
peanut butter fresh but also makes many flavors. My favorite so far has
peanut butter, with crushed pretzels. Yummy. There's even one with crushed
espresso beans, which was tastier than I had imagined it would be! He has
ones with fruits in them too...it's like a PB&J all in one. Blueberry seems
really popular, but I much prefer the strawberry myself.

kimberly

Curly Sue wrote:

> I never cared for the natural peanut butters. Maybe they've changed
> in the many years since I last tried them and I'll give them a try
> again. However, I don't think my usual supermarket carries any; my
> alternate might.

Well, natural peanut butters are merely ground-up peanuts and usually
salt. Not much room for change.

Brian Rodenborn
Jarkat2002

>Most peanut butters that are in supermarkets don't have oil rising to the
>top--they are of one consistency. This means that they have "Hydrogenated
>fat", which is very bad for your health--like butter, or beef fat.
>
>You can usually find at least one brand that has the oil floating on the top.
>(On the West Coast that brand is "Laura Scudder". ) This is the healthy,
>good kind. No "Hydrogenated fats or oils". You can stir it up and store it
>in
>the fridge, where it will stay mixed. Or you can leave it on the shelf, and
>give it a stir each time you use it.
>
>Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
>"separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

It's not hard to make your own ... just need a food processor and roasted
peanuts. (many other nuts can be used for that matter) or you can roast your
own peanuts.
Turn your FP on high and drop in about 1/4 cup of nuts at a time ... waiting
until completely blended before each addition.
Walnuts work very well, as do almonds and filberts.
You can add what you want .. some add salt and/or sugar ... I don't add
anything.

~Kat

What did my hands do before they held you?
Sylvia Plath (1932 - 1963)

Kate Connally

Nancree wrote:

> Most peanut butters that are in supermarkets don't have oil rising to the
> top--they are of one consistency. This means that they have "Hydrogenated
> fat", which is very bad for your health--like butter, or beef fat.
>
> You can usually find at least one brand that has the oil floating on the top.
> (On the West Coast that brand is "Laura Scudder". ) This is the healthy,
> good kind. No "Hydrogenated fats or oils". You can stir it up and store it in
> the fridge, where it will stay mixed. Or you can leave it on the shelf, and
> give it a stir each time you use it.
>
> Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
> "separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

The oil floating on top just means it's natural
peanut butter - no preservatives and other additives.
I discovered Laura Scudders when I lived in So. Cal.
It's sooooo much better than Jif, et al. When I came
back to Pittsburgh I found Smuckers natural. I can't
even bring myself to eat the other stuff these days,
and it's not even about unhealthy fats in them, it's
just about all the additives making them disgusting to
eat.
Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Kate Connally

zxcvbob wrote:

> Saerah wrote:
> >

> > the peanut butter i bought last week contains only peanuts and salt, and the
> > oil doesnt rise to the top.
> >

> It will eventually, even if refrigerated.

Yeah, but how many people keep it for 100 years?
Kate

--
Kate Connally
Until you bite their heads off.”

Doug Freyburger

Nancree wrote:

> Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
> "separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

I sometimes buy the good stuff with the oil floating to the top and I
sometimes buy the easy stuff with the oil that stays mixed.

But when I want the *ultra*good stuff, I get nut butter made from tree
nuts: almond, cashew, etc.

And when I want the *super*hyper*ultra*good stuff, I buy some of my
favorite nuts like brazil, walnut, pecan or macademia nuts and I use
a food processor to reduce them to butter. When I can find brazil
nuts in quantity, their butter is astonishingly good. Of course
everyone has their own favorite nuts, so put your favorites in the
list instead of mine.

The really bad stuff - I once tried soynut butter. Nasty. But tastes
vary. I've talked to people who love the stuff. It takes all kinds.
More soynut butter for them.

There is a step beyond *super*hyper*ultra*good. It involves hazel
nuts, cocoa powder, and some other stuff. Nutella. The evil spirit
in the dreams of low carbers ;^) haunting us from our childhood.
Curly Sue

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 17:25:36 GMT, Default User
> wrote:

>Curly Sue wrote:
>
>> I never cared for the natural peanut butters. Maybe they've changed
>> in the many years since I last tried them and I'll give them a try
>> again. However, I don't think my usual supermarket carries any; my
>> alternate might.

>Well, natural peanut butters are merely ground-up peanuts and usually
>salt. Not much room for change.

Better peanuts?

I suspect you're right though. I'm used to commercial, sweetened
peanut butters and I didn't care for the taste of the natural ones.
My bad. :>

Fortunately I don't eat so much that it makes a difference.

Sue(tm)

Deepak Saxena

In article >,
Nancree > wrote:

>Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
>"separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

I go to the local natural food co-op or to whole foods and get freshly
ground peanut butter. No subsitute for it and none of the added sugar.
I like the taste of peanuts in my peanut butter, not over-sugared
peanut food product substitite.

--
Deepak Saxena - dsaxena at plexity dot net - http://www.plexity.net/
jmcquown

Nancree wrote:
> Most peanut butters that are in supermarkets don't have oil rising to
> the top--they are of one consistency. This means that they have
> "Hydrogenated fat", which is very bad for your health--like butter,
> or beef fat.

Sorry, Nancree, I don't buy enough peanut butter to care one way or the
other. I do recall hearing complaints from friends, probably 25 years ago,
about "all natural" peanut butter being very oily. Even though the trend
towards sprouts and tofu had begun, no one liked the looks of that stuff nor
wanted to have to stir it up. The impression they got was "this can't be
good!" ;-)

Jill

Jarkat2002

>Sorry, Nancree, I don't buy enough peanut butter to care one way or the
>other. I do recall hearing complaints from friends, probably 25 years ago,
>about "all natural" peanut butter being very oily. Even though the trend
>towards sprouts and tofu had begun, no one liked the looks of that stuff nor
>wanted to have to stir it up. The impression they got was "this can't be
>good!" ;-)
>
>Jill

If you don't want to stir it up and don't mind a dry peanut butter ... the oil
is amazing to cook with!
~Kat

What did my hands do before they held you?
Sylvia Plath (1932 - 1963)
Alex Rast

at Thu, 26 Feb 2004 23:26:20 GMT in
wrote :

>Most peanut butters that are in supermarkets don't have oil rising to
>the top--they are of one consistency. This means that they have
>"Hydrogenated fat", which is very bad for your health--like butter, or
>beef fat.

Some research suggests that it's in fact *worse* than either butter or beef
fat. However, I believe that whatever the merits of the fat involved, the
bigger factor is proportion and moderation. No doubt if you lived in
reasonably temperate latitudes and ate virtually nothing but hard,
saturated fat (of any kind), you'd be setting yourself up for heart
disease. But if your fat intake were in moderation (say, 20-30% of
calories) and you distributed the types of fats you ate relatively evenly
between polyunsaturated (e.g. sunflower oil), monounsaturated (e.g. olive
oil) and saturated (e.g. lard) fats, I don't think there's any real harm in
the saturated fat intake.

>Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
>"separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

Oil separation in additive-free peanut butter means it's spent a long time
at room temperature. In other words, it's not especially fresh. Ideally,
what you want is freshly ground peanut butter - usually easy enough to find
at health food stores where they have grinders. If you grind it then, and
bring it home to your refrigerator, it'll stay unseparated for many weeks.
(which goes to show you how long the separated peanut butters have sat
around). Really, the additive-free peanut butter manufacturers should ship
their peanut butter refrigerated, and it should be stored in a refrigerator
case.

However, the only company I'm aware of that actually does this is
Rejuvenative Foods. They don't make peanut butter AFAIK, although with the
prevalence of peanut grinders in the stores that tend to carry
Rejuvenative, it's rather immaterial. The difference in flavour between
Rejuvenative nut butters and similar products from other manufacturers
(e.g. Maranatha, Kettle Foods) was, to me, amazing. Rejuvenative are much
stronger, without even a trace of the rancid taste you can catch hints of
in other nut butters. They literally taste like fresh nuts. Now, if only
they'd make a hazelnut butter, I'd be in heaven.

--
Alex Rast

SportKite1

>I go to the local natural food co-op or to whole foods and get freshly
>ground peanut butter. No subsitute for it and none of the added sugar.
>I like the taste of peanuts in my peanut butter, not over-sugared
>peanut food product substitite.

Exactly. We have WONDERFUL nut butters at our store that have no oil on top,
are creamy and spreadable. The best part of buying freshly ground nut butters
at a natural foods store is that you can buy them in the amount you like. Our
peanut butter (just roasted peanuts, no salt) only costs 3.25 a lb and our pure
almond butter is only 4.30 a lb, but we sell it in containers that range from
1.25 and up.

Ellen

Nancree

>I go to the local natural food co-op or to whole foods and get freshly
>ground peanut butter. No subsitute for it and none of the added sugar.
>I like the taste of peanuts in my peanut butter, not over-sugared
>peanut food product substitite.

The point of my original entry is that in the "good" peanut butters, Laura
Scudder for instance, there is no sugar at all. Just Peanuts and Salt.

Nancree
Miche

In article > ,
"Peter Aitken" > wrote:

> "Nancree" > wrote in message

> > Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
> > "separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

> I think you are wrong. The oil rising to the top is the result of no added
> sugar. Still, you are right in that the natural peanut butter with the oil
> on top is healthier.

She's right. I've seen peanut butter here in NZ with no separated oil
on the top, and no added sugar.

I can't think of a brand of peanut butter here which _has_ added sugar.

Miche

--
If you want to end war and stuff you got to sing loud.
-- Arlo Guthrie, "Alice's Restaurant"

WardNA

>Do your children, and yourself, and buy a peanut butter that has the oil
>"separated", or floating on top. A nuisance, but so much healthier.

Another wives' tale. Peanut butter that doesn't separate has a small amount of
hydrogenated oil in it, but not enough to bother about.

The big issue on commercial peanut butter quality is the amount of sugar the
manufacturer adds: the less, the better. However, the focus groups seem to be
of another opinion, since all peanut butters seem to go sweeter over the
decades; and in the last year, the Safeway store brand, which I have preferred
over all the majors, is finally going sweet too.

If I could find a supplier that would grind it from fresh peanuts, no salt,
right in front of my eyes, I would devour of pound of it before the oil had
time to separate.

Neil
Nancree

>and in the last year, the Safeway store brand, which I have preferred
>over all the majors, is finally going sweet too.

--------------------------
Yesterday at Von's I noticed that they had several varieties of Von's peanut
butter. One was just peanuts and salt. Others were hydrogenated oils.

Charles Gifford

"Curly Sue" > wrote in message

> I suspect you're right though. I'm used to commercial, sweetened
> peanut butters and I didn't care for the taste of the natural ones.
> My bad. :>

Not at all Sue! ;-) I too prefer the hydrogenated peanut butter to the
nautral kind. I have tried most of the natural peanut butters but don't like
them much. Also, I prefer to keep my peanut butter unrefrigerated and
dislike mucking about with oil separation. I used to like the ones with
added sugar, but now prefer unsugared. I purchase Skippy which has no sugar,
just roasted peanuts, hydrogenated oil (rapeseed, cotton seed and
safflower), and salt. It is not as good for one as natural but I prefer the
flavor a great deal and the ease of use makes it worthwhile for as long as I
can eat it.

> Fortunately I don't eat so much that it makes a difference.

Sigh. I buy it in 4 lb. tubs. Very inexpensive at my Smart and Final
warehouse.

Charlie

> Sue(tm)
> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

hahabogus

"Charles Gifford" > wrote in
link.net:

> "Curly Sue" > wrote in message
>>
>> I suspect you're right though. I'm used to commercial, sweetened
>> peanut butters and I didn't care for the taste of the natural ones.
>> My bad. :>

> Not at all Sue! ;-) I too prefer the hydrogenated peanut butter to the
> nautral kind. I have tried most of the natural peanut butters but
> don't like them much. Also, I prefer to keep my peanut butter
> unrefrigerated and dislike mucking about with oil separation. I used
> to like the ones with added sugar, but now prefer unsugared. I
> purchase Skippy which has no sugar, just roasted peanuts, hydrogenated
> oil (rapeseed, cotton seed and safflower), and salt. It is not as good
> for one as natural but I prefer the flavor a great deal and the ease
> of use makes it worthwhile for as long as I can eat it.
>
>> Fortunately I don't eat so much that it makes a difference.

> Sigh. I buy it in 4 lb. tubs. Very inexpensive at my Smart and Final
> warehouse.
>
> Charlie
>
>> Sue(tm)
>> Lead me not into temptation... I can find it myself!

I find I prefer room temp un-sugarred hydrogenated peanut butter as well. I
don't eat a lot of peanut butter, but do like crunchy peanut butter on rye
toast for breakfast 3 or so days a week. I find the natural stuff
oily/greasy in taste even after stirring. I can't seem to get the total oil
absorbtion that the hydrogenated peanut butter has. And upon awakening,
before my first cup of coffee, operating a toaster can be some what of a
mental challenge...never mind stirring up a jar of peanut butter.

--
Once during Prohibition I was forced to live for days on nothing but food
and water.
WardNA

>never mind stirring up a jar of peanut butter

.. . . which also ruins the texture.
WardNA

> Skippy which has no sugar

That wasn't true of Skippy when I sampled it two years ago. However, formulas
change (perhaps even geographically), and I'll examine the label again.