Old 11-12-2004, 02:08 AM

Default grating horseradish?

Since I like fresh horseradish, I grabbed a piece of root at the market
the other day. Grating it turned out to be kind of a problem in my
low-tech kitchen. My cheap little Moulis grater didn't work nor did my
4-in-1 or cheese grater. I ended up using my old Universal grinder
which did OK but is impractical for small amounts. I don't own a
Cuisinart or Robot Coupe nor do I want to. Anybody have any low
tech/budget ideas?
TIA
D.M.

Old 11-12-2004, 02:23 AM
elaine

wrote in message
oups.com...
Since I like fresh horseradish, I grabbed a piece of root at the market
the other day. Grating it turned out to be kind of a problem in my
low-tech kitchen. My cheap little Moulis grater didn't work nor did my
4-in-1 or cheese grater. I ended up using my old Universal grinder
which did OK but is impractical for small amounts. I don't own a
Cuisinart or Robot Coupe nor do I want to. Anybody have any low
tech/budget ideas?
TIA

Microplane??

I wouldn't be without mine and it's my favourite gift for friends this
Christmas.

Old 11-12-2004, 02:38 AM
Hal Laurent

wrote in message
oups.com...
Since I like fresh horseradish, I grabbed a piece of root at the market
the other day. Grating it turned out to be kind of a problem in my
low-tech kitchen. My cheap little Moulis grater didn't work nor did my
4-in-1 or cheese grater.

By "4-in-1" do you mean a regular four-sided box grater? I've used one of
those to grate horseradish plenty of times with no problem. I use the
coarse side.

Hal Laurent
Baltimore

Old 11-12-2004, 03:12 AM
Steve Calvin

Hal Laurent wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Since I like fresh horseradish, I grabbed a piece of root at the market
the other day. Grating it turned out to be kind of a problem in my
low-tech kitchen. My cheap little Moulis grater didn't work nor did my
4-in-1 or cheese grater.

By "4-in-1" do you mean a regular four-sided box grater? I've used one of
those to grate horseradish plenty of times with no problem. I use the
coarse side.

Hal Laurent
Baltimore

Yup, for small amounts they are the ticket.

--
Steve

Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna
eat the next thing that comes outta it's ass?"

Old 13-12-2004, 02:32 AM
[email protected]

Thanks to all who responded. I went out and bought a Microplane zester
and it was just what I needed. Thanks Elaine-

D.M.

Old 13-12-2004, 02:32 AM
[email protected]