Melba's Jammin'

Default Recipe: Peanut Butter Sandwich Bars

this is on the side of a cereal box incuded in General Mills' gift boxes
this year. I thought it sounded pretty good (pretty sweet, too) even
without the fillings. Maybe better. The cereal squares are pretty
tasty -- like a peanut butter cookie. FWIW.

* Exported from MasterCook Mac *

Peanut Butter Sandwich Bars

Recipe By : General Mills Peanut Butter Toast Crunch 12/04
Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :1:00
Categories : Bars

1/4 cup butter or margarine
10 oz. bag miniature marshmallows
6 cups Peanut Butter Toast Crunch cereal

Fillings:
10 ounces peanut butter chips -- melted
12 ounces white baking chips -- melted
12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips -- melted

Butter 15x10x1" (jelly roll) pan.

In large microwaveable bowl, nuke butter and marshmallows uncovered on
full power for 1-1/2 to 3 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until
mixture can be stirred smooth.

Stir in cereal until evenly coated.

Press mixture in pan with buttered back of a spoon; cool. Cut into 20
bars. Spread half of the bars with one of the Fillings; top with
remaining bars.

Store in airtight container.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per serving (excluding unknown items): 499 Calories; 23g Fat (39%
calories from fat); 9g Protein; 71g Carbohydrate; 14mg Cholesterol;
142mg Sodium
Food Exchanges: 1 Lean Meat; 4 Fat; 4 1/2 Other Carbohydrates

NOTES : From PBTC cereal box in GM gift box 2004.
Have not made.

_____
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Updated 11-29-04; Sam I Am!
birthday telling; Thanksgiving 2004; Fanfare, Maestro, please.