kalanamak

Puester wrote:

> And DON'T wash them before storing.

Store in thin layers with a dry paper towel under them, in air tight
container.
blacksalt
deadpan

Default Storing berries in the refrigerator

Whenever I store berries (strawberries, raspberries, etc.) in the
refrigerator, a fuzzy mold starts growing on them. What can I do to
extend the berries shelf life in a fresh state?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Edwin Pawlowski

"deadpan" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Whenever I store berries (strawberries, raspberries, etc.) in the
> refrigerator, a fuzzy mold starts growing on them. What can I do to
> extend the berries shelf life in a fresh state?
> Thanks for any suggestions.

Canisters for a vacuum sealer will help, but not a cure all. Eat them faster
has been the best for me over the years.

Puester

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

> "deadpan" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
> > Whenever I store berries (strawberries, raspberries, etc.) in the
> > refrigerator, a fuzzy mold starts growing on them. What can I do to
> > extend the berries shelf life in a fresh state?
> > Thanks for any suggestions.
> >

> Canisters for a vacuum sealer will help, but not a cure all. Eat them faster
> has been the best for me over the years.

And DON'T wash them before storing.

gloria p
Peter Aitken

"deadpan" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Whenever I store berries (strawberries, raspberries, etc.) in the
> refrigerator, a fuzzy mold starts growing on them. What can I do to
> extend the berries shelf life in a fresh state?
> Thanks for any suggestions.

Don;t use a sealed container but one with some ventilation. Do not wash
until just before eating.

--
Peter Aitken

Chef R. W. Miller

berries go furry in 5 to 7 days if left in the tight packed container they
come in. If you remove them from the container and spread them out on a
parchment paper lined sheet trays or cookie trays, they will stay fresh for
many more days. We pick the good berries at the first sight of fuzz and
freeze them to be turned to sauce later.
Enjoy
Chef R. W. Miller
Marriott Resorts & Hotels
"deadpan" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Whenever I store berries (strawberries, raspberries, etc.) in the
> refrigerator, a fuzzy mold starts growing on them. What can I do to
> extend the berries shelf life in a fresh state?
> Thanks for any suggestions.

Chef R. W. Miller

berries go furry in 5 to 7 days if left in the tight packed container they
come in. If you remove them from the container and spread them out on a
parchment paper lined sheet trays or cookie trays, they will stay fresh for
many more days. We pick the good berries at the first sight of fuzz and
freeze them to be turned to sauce later.
Enjoy
Chef R. W. Miller
Marriott Resorts & Hotels
oups.com...