Rona Yuthasastrakosol

Default PING Sheldon Senseo

I don't know if you ever purchased the Senseo you were interested in, but
there's a relatively long thread (if 28 posts can be considered long) about
it in e-Gullet--most posts are by people who have the machine (or have at
least tried coffee made with the machine). Most seem to like the machine,
though preferably with the dark roast pods. You can also get non-Senseo
pods and one person highly recommends Kona coffee pods available through
Amazon. You can also purchase a gadget to use your own coffee with Senseo
machines (expensive, and mail-ordered through a company in Europe). Here's
the link to the thread if you're interested.

http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=48225

rona

"[America] is filled with people who decided not to live in Europe. We had
people who really wanted to live in Europe, but didn't have the energy to go
back. We call them Canadians."
---Grover Norquist in Newsweek, November 22, 2004

JimLane

Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:
> I don't know if you ever purchased the Senseo you were interested in, but
> there's a relatively long thread (if 28 posts can be considered long) about
> it in e-Gullet--most posts are by people who have the machine (or have at
> least tried coffee made with the machine). Most seem to like the machine,
> though preferably with the dark roast pods. You can also get non-Senseo
> pods and one person highly recommends Kona coffee pods available through
> Amazon. You can also purchase a gadget to use your own coffee with Senseo
> machines (expensive, and mail-ordered through a company in Europe). Here's
> the link to the thread if you're interested.
>
> http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=48225
>
> rona

The cost of the additional pod "maker" would be worth it if you buy
locally roasted coffee or roast your own.

These machines have been dismissed by most in alt.coffee. I've looked at
them and find them interesting but will stay with my presspot.

jim
PENMART01

>Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:
>> I don't know if you ever purchased the Senseo you were interested in, but
>> there's a relatively long thread (if 28 posts can be considered long) about
>> it in e-Gullet--most posts are by people who have the machine (or have at
>> least tried coffee made with the machine). Most seem to like the machine,
>> though preferably with the dark roast pods. You can also get non-Senseo
>> pods and one person highly recommends Kona coffee pods available through
>> Amazon. You can also purchase a gadget to use your own coffee with Senseo
>> machines (expensive, and mail-ordered through a company in Europe). Here's
>> the link to the thread if you're interested.
>>
>> http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=48225
>>
>> rona

Thanks for the info... In the interim since asking I've decided against the
Senseo... and it seems it is no longer advertised.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
JimLane

JimLane wrote:
> Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:
>
>> I don't know if you ever purchased the Senseo you were interested in, but
>> there's a relatively long thread (if 28 posts can be considered long)
>> about
>> it in e-Gullet--most posts are by people who have the machine (or have at
>> least tried coffee made with the machine). Most seem to like the
>> machine,
>> though preferably with the dark roast pods. You can also get non-Senseo
>> pods and one person highly recommends Kona coffee pods available through
>> Amazon. You can also purchase a gadget to use your own coffee with
>> Senseo
>> machines (expensive, and mail-ordered through a company in Europe).
>> Here's
>> the link to the thread if you're interested.
>>
>> http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=48225
>>
>> rona
>>

> The cost of the additional pod "maker" would be worth it if you buy
> locally roasted coffee or roast your own.
>
> These machines have been dismissed by most in alt.coffee. I've looked at
> them and find them interesting but will stay with my presspot.
>

> jim

Here's something I just found in alt.coffee:

>So one of the web comics I read, Penny Arcade, has a rant up today
>regarding his purchase of a Senseo, which in a word, is hysterical:
>
>"I am not a coffee snob, I don't think. And my personal theological
>coordinate argues against the existence of sin. But this machine, or
>at any rate the coffee cartridge you lock the chamber on, it sins
>against coffee. It sins against tongues, it verifies the existence of
>evil. Robert Folger himself could not have devised a taste more foul,
>even with the use of a laboratory and an electronic supertongue which
>could taste in the ultraviolet spectrum. It came with a "mild" roast
>and a "medium" roast, which present a wild inversion of expectations.
>Imagine that mild and medium are points in a continuum of hideous
>mouth crimes. The Mild is actually the only potable version, precisely
>because it tastes less like their product's theoretical maximum!
>Medium tastes like the mud in which dead men lie. I haven't even
>bothered with the Dark roast, whose flavor I imagine is somewhere
>between devil **** and liquid gonorrhea."

jim
Christine

"PENMART01" > wrote in message
> >Rona Yuthasastrakosol wrote:
>>> I don't know if you ever purchased the Senseo you were interested in,
>>> but
>>> there's a relatively long thread (if 28 posts can be considered long)
>>> about
>>> it in e-Gullet--most posts are by people who have the machine (or have
>>> at
>>> least tried coffee made with the machine). Most seem to like the
>>> machine,
>>> though preferably with the dark roast pods. You can also get non-Senseo
>>> pods and one person highly recommends Kona coffee pods available through
>>> Amazon. You can also purchase a gadget to use your own coffee with
>>> Senseo
>>> machines (expensive, and mail-ordered through a company in Europe).
>>> Here's
>>> the link to the thread if you're interested.
>>>
>>> http://forums.egullet.org/index.php?showtopic=48225
>>>
>>> rona

> Thanks for the info... In the interim since asking I've decided against
> the
> Senseo... and it seems it is no longer advertised.
> Sheldon
> ````````````

I purchased a Senseo yesterday. It won't be our main coffee maker, but
planning on using it when we want a cup of coffee or two. Brought it in
for $49.95 (after a $20 rebate) with free shipping and no sales tax and 18
pods.

Our regular coffee pot is a Braun.

Chris in Pearland, TX

Ping --- Sheldon [email protected][_2_] General Cooking 11 17-05-2016 07:56 PM
PING: Sheldon notbob General Cooking 14 26-09-2012 11:57 PM
Ping:Sheldon Goomba38 General Cooking 0 11-04-2008 07:44 AM
PING:Sheldon Andrea G. McDaniel General Cooking 15 12-06-2007 07:18 PM
PING Sheldon Damsel in dis Dress General Cooking 4 08-04-2005 05:21 AM