FoodBanter.com

-   -   Split Pigeon Peas (Toor Daal) (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/46896-split-pigeon-peas-toor.html)

Ronnie Rao 04-12-2004 10:18 PM

Split Pigeon Peas (Toor Daal)

Hi guys:

Legumes are my all time favorite, here is one of them:

http://www.rupenrao.com/recipe.asp?rid=98

Regards,

Ronnie

jmcquown 05-12-2004 11:05 AM

Ronnie Rao wrote:
> Hi guys:
>
> Legumes are my all time favorite, here is one of them:
>
> http://www.rupenrao.com/recipe.asp?rid=98
>
> Regards,
>
> Ronnie

Ronnie, I've been meaning to ask this for months now. Your web site has a
lot of great recipes but are you simply looking for 'web site hits'? Why
don't you just post the recipes here on rfc? There are a few people (not
me) who have problems with accessing web sites due to slow connections. I'm
just curious about this. No criticism intended.

Jill

Ronnie Rao 05-12-2004 08:07 PM

Hi Jill:

I understand your concern. However, I am looking for website hits, it
gives me an idea as to what recipes are popular and what are not, and
what I need to improve on. This really helps me decide on what I
should include in my cooking classes that I give every now and then.
Also, I had a couple of TV interviews, where this research was quite
useful. That is the only reason why I dont want to post it on here
directly, plus its easy for me to paste the link.

Kindly bear with me, as of now, I think this is the optimum thing I
can think of, however as time progresses, I might change my strategy.

Thanks

Rupen

Phred 06-12-2004 01:13 PM

In article >, (Ronnie Rao) wrote:
>Hi Jill:
>I understand your concern. However, I am looking for website hits, it
>gives me an idea as to what recipes are popular and what are not, and

G'day mate,

How do you allow for the people like me who simply check out your
recipes mentioned in rfc to see what they're all about? How does
curiosity relate to approval or popularity? Or have the curious all
but died out in the modern world? (Okay, okay, I know I'm pretty
curious, but that's not quite what I meant. 8-)

>what I need to improve on. This really helps me decide on what I
>should include in my cooking classes that I give every now and then.
>Also, I had a couple of TV interviews, where this research was quite
>useful. That is the only reason why I dont want to post it on here
>directly, plus its easy for me to paste the link.
>
>Kindly bear with me, as of now, I think this is the optimum thing I
>can think of, however as time progresses, I might change my strategy.

[...]

P.S. I actually looked up your Toor Daal recipe because I've been
wondering what to do with the seeds (red gram?) from the _Cajanus_
[now _Atylosia_ I think] _cajan_ plants in the front yard. The "green
peas" of pigeon pea make a nice curry.

Cheers, Phred.

--
LID

[email protected] 12-12-2004 01:49 AM

Hello Phred,

Sorry for getting back to you so late...I havent been doing justice to
my website lately.

Well, for curious guys like you, I would say...there is always E&OE,
thats where the +/- in error rate would come in my statistics...:)
Phew...saved myself another one...lol

Ronnie

Phred 12-12-2004 09:48 AM

In article .com>,
wrote:
>Hello Phred,
>
>Sorry for getting back to you so late...

No problems. mate.

>I havent been doing justice to my website lately.
>
>Well, for curious guys like you, I would say...there is always E&OE,
>thats where the +/- in error rate would come in my statistics...:)

Glad you've got it all under control. ;-)

Phred 12-12-2004 09:48 AM