FoodBanter.com

-   -   Looking for Christmas Cookies - recipes, etc (https://www.foodbanter.com/general-cooking/46891-re-looking-christmas-cookies.html)

Finocchio568 02-12-2004 05:45 PM

Thanks Lia.

I'm thinking of cookies like shortbread and thumbprints.. they usually stays
fresh for a long time, right?

Julia Altshuler 02-12-2004 05:50 PM

Finocchio568 wrote:
> Thanks Lia.
>
> I'm thinking of cookies like shortbread and thumbprints. They usually stay
> fresh for a long time, right?

Yes, usually. You'll find those recipes in Joy of Cooking. In fact,
most cookies will fit your criteria. They'll get a little stale but
won't spoil. I'm guessing you have time to bake and mail now but want
the cookies to be eaten at Xmas time. Lots of people do this. Fresh is
best, but well wrapped and stale is better than nothing.

--Lia

Marge 04-12-2004 07:58 PM

Looking for Christmas Cookies - recipes, etc

biscotti is a good recipe, they're meant to get dry and be dunked in
coffee

Marge 04-12-2004 07:58 PM