TLOlczyk

Default "Cake" of yeast.

Simple question.
A recipe I have calls for a "cake" of yeast. The yeast I have comes
in a free posdered form. So how much is equivalent to one cake?

The reply-to email address is .
This is an address I ignore.
To reply via email, remove 2002 and change yahoo to
interaccess,

**
Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD

There is a difference between
*thinking* you know something,
and *knowing* you know something.
Steve the Sauropodman

TLOlczyk > wrote in message >. ..
> Simple question.
> A recipe I have calls for a "cake" of yeast. The yeast I have comes
> in a free posdered form. So how much is equivalent to one cake?
>

> The reply-to email address is .
> This is an address I ignore.
> To reply via email, remove 2002 and change yahoo to
> interaccess,
>
> **
> Thaddeus L. Olczyk, PhD
>
> There is a difference between
> *thinking* you know something,
> and *knowing* you know something.

2 1/2 teaspoons = 1 cake of yeast.

Cheers
Scott Taylor

TLOlczyk > wrote in message >. ..
> Simple question.
> A recipe I have calls for a "cake" of yeast. The yeast I have comes
> in a free posdered form. So how much is equivalent to one cake?

1 cake yeast = 2-1/2 tsp. dry yeast granules.

-Scott