Old 04-12-2004, 01:17 AM
timeisnow

Default Acid Free Orange Juice

My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?

Old 04-12-2004, 02:12 AM
Scotty

"timeisnow" wrote in message
m...
My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Scott.

Old 04-12-2004, 03:01 AM
Wayne Boatwright

"Scotty" wrote in news:U19sd.430084$%[email protected]:

"timeisnow" wrote in message
m...
My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Scott.

No, that's OxyClean. It is totally acid-free.

--
Wayne in Phoenix

*A mind is a terrible thing to lose.
Old 04-12-2004, 03:25 AM
PENMART01

"timeisnow" wrote

My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?

Actually it should be fairly easy to neutralize the acid in orange juice,
perhaps dissove and antacid in it, like Tums.

Isn't that an oxymoron?

Scott.

No, Scott, however you are a MORON!

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
Old 04-12-2004, 05:31 AM
Abe

My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?

---------
There was a guy where I used to work that used to add a little packet
of powder to his coffee cup. It was to buffer the acid in the coffee.
I don't remember the name of the stuff, but maybe the same thing can
be used for OJ?

Old 04-12-2004, 08:21 PM
Karen

"Abe" wrote in message
My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?

---------
There was a guy where I used to work that used to add a little packet
of powder to his coffee cup. It was to buffer the acid in the coffee.
I don't remember the name of the stuff, but maybe the same thing can
be used for OJ?

That little packet could have been "Prelief", an acid neutralizer. Here's a
link to the manufacturer's web site:
http://www.akpharma.com/prelief/preliefindex.html

Karen

Old 06-12-2004, 04:59 PM
[email protected]

In rec.food.cooking, timeisnow wrote:
My father is looking to drink some alternative orange juice that
doesn't have any acid in it. Does anyone know of a brand out there
that doesn't?

Orange juice doesn't "have acid in it". It is acidic.

--
In the councils of government, we must guard against the
acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought,

About orange juice : aseptically processed juice PL[_5_] General Cooking 2 26-07-2010 08:42 AM
Why is My Orange Juice Yellow? Andy[_15_] General Cooking 10 25-05-2009 04:39 PM
orange juice blackdog General Cooking 0 13-10-2006 11:00 PM
orange juice blackdog Coffee 0 13-10-2006 11:00 PM
chardonnay juice low brix/acid fizzy Pete Winemaking 12 21-10-2003 06:10 AM