Old 16-02-2004, 06:39 PM
MurphAssoc

Default Kiwi fruit - frozen?

Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi
or more, so now am concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on
whether they freeze successfully?
Thanks in advance,
JM

Old 16-02-2004, 06:50 PM
jmcquown

MurphAssoc wrote:
Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a
dozen kiwi or more, so now am concerned belatedly about spoilage.
Has anyone any info on whether they freeze successfully?
Thanks in advance,
JM

Don't think so... they'd turn to mush (IMHO)

Jill

Old 16-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Bob (this one)

MurphAssoc wrote:

Can you freeze kiwi? I enthusiastically bought a bag containing a dozen kiwi
or more, so now am concerned belatedly about spoilage. Has anyone any info on
whether they freeze successfully?

Peel and puree them. Freeze in a container. Instant sherbet. You can
add sugar or cream or any of the other ingredients that find their way
into frozen confections. Or you could make old-fashioned, too many
eggs, too much cream ice cream.

Pastorio

Old 16-02-2004, 10:16 PM
MurphAssoc

Oooooooh, old fashioned, too many eggs ice cream YUMMMMMMMMMMM and thanks all,
for the ideas.
JM

Over-ripe kiwi fruit [email protected] General Cooking 3 18-09-2015 07:33 PM
Kiwi Fruit Jam cj Recipes (moderated) 0 19-10-2007 04:20 AM
Kiwi Fruit Medley cj Recipes (moderated) 0 13-10-2007 03:39 AM
Using Kiwi Fruit (2) Collection cj Recipes (moderated) 0 13-10-2007 03:18 AM
Peeling Kiwi fruit Howard Kaikow General Cooking 31 20-08-2004 10:12 PM