steve

Default sorry, im a troll

hi all. i have a problem.
i come from a forest in the north of norway and have been picked on in
usernet because i`m a troll, really, a real troll.
im over 300 years old and have never been rude to anyone in my life. i dont
mind being called a troll, but it seems to me that people generally dont
like trolls. but i speak for the entire troll population when i say that we
are simple, peace loving, forest dwelling folk that are only on usenet to
get advice on various topics such as computer maintainance, sewing, cooking,
the skinning of small children and so on ,and i would thank you all to
remember that we are not out to cause trouble of any sort.
try picking on the pixies, or those hobbit ******s instead.
cheers

a troll.

Tim Challenger

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 02:47:37 +0100, steve wrote:

> hi all. i have a problem.
> i come from a forest in the north of norway and have been picked on in
> usernet because i`m a troll, really, a real troll.
> im over 300 years old and have never been rude to anyone in my life. i dont
> mind being called a troll, but it seems to me that people generally dont
> like trolls. but i speak for the entire troll population when i say that we
> are simple, peace loving, forest dwelling folk that are only on usenet to
> get advice on various topics such as computer maintainance, sewing, cooking,
> the skinning of small children and so on ,and i would thank you all to
> remember that we are not out to cause trouble of any sort.
> try picking on the pixies, or those hobbit ******s instead.
> cheers
>
> a troll.

Actually, I don#t believe you to be a real Norwegian troll, as they come
from under the mountains, not forests.
--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would
be so simple that we couldn't.
jmcquown

Tim Challenger" <"timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 02:47:37 +0100, steve wrote:
>
>> hi all. i have a problem.
>> i come from a forest in the north of norway and have been picked on
>> in usernet because i`m a troll, really, a real troll.
>> a troll.

> Actually, I don#t believe you to be a real Norwegian troll, as they
> come
> from under the mountains, not forests.

You'd better check your Tolkien at the door, Tim... it's dwarves are from
the mountains.

Jill (who hasn't seen LOTR but read the books probably before you were born)

Tim Challenger

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 08:46:02 -0600, jmcquown wrote:

> Tim Challenger" <"timothy(dot)challenger(at)apk(dot)at wrote:
>> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 02:47:37 +0100, steve wrote:
>>
>>> hi all. i have a problem.
>>> i come from a forest in the north of norway and have been picked on
>>> in usernet because i`m a troll, really, a real troll.
>>> a troll.

>> Actually, I don#t believe you to be a real Norwegian troll, as they
>> come
>> from under the mountains, not forests.

> You'd better check your Tolkien at the door, Tim... it's dwarves are from
> the mountains.
>
> Jill (who hasn't seen LOTR but read the books probably before you were born)

You'd have to be over 60 then, or thereabouts.

I wasn't referring to Tolkein - (who borrowed many of his ideas from
popular mythology anyway) rather, Norwegian legend. As the troll said he
was from Norway rather than from Middle Earth....
;-)
--
Tim.

If the human brain were simple enough that we could understand it, we would
be so simple that we couldn't.

Sheldon and the PL Troll Chemo the Clown General Cooking 5 13-07-2010 02:41 AM
the dogfood troll bulka[_2_] General Cooking 0 19-02-2009 02:42 AM
I'm just a troll bogey0 General Cooking 22 05-08-2005 11:18 AM
Ron is a troll Reynard Vegan 206 18-01-2005 05:53 AM
The Troll Darrell Greenwood Sourdough 7 28-10-2003 03:24 PM