Heather

Default Fog City Diner - "Macaroni" and Gouda Cheese

Hi there,
Went to San Fransico a couple of years ago, and went to Fog City
Diner. Yum Yum Yum. Anyway, got the Red Snaper sandwich, (highly
recomended) my husband got some raw fish thing(if you do raw fish,
which I do not, he said it was wonderful) and my daughter got the
"Macaroni" and Gouda Cheese with Hobbs ham and English peas.. I swear
this was over 2 years ago, and I still think how absolutly wonderful
that "Mac and Cheese" was! I have tried to find the recipe on the web,
but to no avail. I know that they have the "Fog City Diner Cookbook"
but it does not say in the index if that recipe is in there. Now, I am
a cook book freak,(100 or so cook books) so it would not be a tragedy
if I bought it, and the "mac and ceese" recipe was not there, but at
the same time, I would enjoy it.

So, to make a long story short(?)

1) does anyone have that recipe?
or
2) does the cook book have the "mac and cheese" recipe in it?

any help would be greatly appriciated!!!

heather
Reg

Heather wrote:

> 1) does anyone have that recipe?
> or
> 2) does the cook book have the "mac and cheese" recipe in it?

My edition of The Fog City Diner cookbook dated 1993 does not have
any mac and cheese recipes.

Sam D.

"Heather" > wrote in message
om...
> Hi there,
> Went to San Fransico a couple of years ago, and went to Fog City
> Diner. Yum Yum Yum. Anyway, got the Red Snaper sandwich, (highly
> recomended) my husband got some raw fish thing(if you do raw fish,
> which I do not, he said it was wonderful) and my daughter got the
> "Macaroni" and Gouda Cheese with Hobbs ham and English peas.. I swear
> this was over 2 years ago, and I still think how absolutly wonderful
> that "Mac and Cheese" was! I have tried to find the recipe on the web,
> but to no avail. I know that they have the "Fog City Diner Cookbook"
> but it does not say in the index if that recipe is in there. Now, I am
> a cook book freak,(100 or so cook books) so it would not be a tragedy
> if I bought it, and the "mac and ceese" recipe was not there, but at
> the same time, I would enjoy it.
>
> So, to make a long story short(?)
>
> 1) does anyone have that recipe?
> or
> 2) does the cook book have the "mac and cheese" recipe in it?
>
> any help would be greatly appriciated!!!

If you don't come up with the recipe here, I would suggest posting your
request on the ba.food newsgroup and on the SF Bay Area message board on
Chowhound.com. Both forums are very active and I'd be surprised if there
isn't someone on one of these two groups that can provide that recipe. If
you do obtain it there, how about re-posting it here.

notbob

On 2004-02-16, Sam D. > wrote:

> If you don't come up with the recipe here, I would suggest posting your
> request on the ba.food newsgroup....

....or just call the Fog City Dinner and ask for the recipe or if they are
selling a new cookbook with the recipe. (mine doesn't have it either).

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguid...an_francisco-i

nb