Rick & Cyndi

Default Ron Popeil's Rotisserie

Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are
getting pretty tempted to call that 1-800 # . Our sister has the
George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side,
I recently saw a generic brand for about $ 50.00 that looked to
be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.

I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold
to grill outside; as would be the case right now. For some
reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's
20 degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>

Thanks for any feedback...
--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Denise~*

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:24:28 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
> wrote:

>Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
>
>DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are
>getting pretty tempted to call that 1-800 # . Our sister has the
>George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
>I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side,
>I recently saw a generic brand for about $ 50.00 that looked to
>be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
>
>I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold
>to grill outside; as would be the case right now. For some
>reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's
>20 degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
>
>Thanks for any feedback...

I like mine, but I typically end up buring the skin. I need to stop
using olive oil with it. I'll bet if I used canola, it would be
better. If you ever get one, I found a great brine for chicken that I
did the last time that I didn't have to boil the ingredients first
with. All I can say is Succulent!

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

In rec.food.cooking, Rick & Cyndi > wrote:
> Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

I have one. I got it free. It works about as one would expect. It's
fine for what it is.

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who
Sharon Chilson

I have the Showtime grill and I love it. We use it often. It cooks well
and clean up is a breeze.

Gtwy4cb

> Ron Popeil's Rotisserie

Love mine!! Just got it-my first project was a pork roast--absolutely delish!
Leg of lamb next...

Rick & Cyndi

Default Ron Popeil's Rotisserie - Thank you!

"Gtwy4cb" > wrote in message
: > Ron Popeil's Rotisserie
:
: Love mine!! Just got it-my first project was a pork
roast--absolutely delish!
: Leg of lamb next...
==========

Yummmm! That sounds delicious! Thank you for letting me know
about liking (loving!) yours. I mentioned to Rick that I thought
I might like one for Mother's Day... looks like we'll be getting
one.

--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Rick & Cyndi

"Denise~*" > wrote in message
: On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:24:28 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
: > wrote:
:
: >Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
: >
[...]
=======

Thank you Denise!

I just love how juicy rotisseried (sp?) chicken comes out. After
watching the infomercial for the second or third time I mentioned
to Rick that I thought it might make for a terrific Mother's Day
gift this year... Actually, considering the price it will be
Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day gift.

Woo-hoo!

Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Rick & Cyndi

wrote:
: > Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
:
: I have one. I got it free. It works about as one would
expect. It's
: fine for what it is.
:
: =========

Most things that I get for free are fine, too! LOL

What have you tried in yours? Poultry, ribs, vegetables, etc?

--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Rick & Cyndi

"Sharon Chilson" > wrote in message
:
: I have the Showtime grill and I love it. We use it often. It
cooks well
: and clean up is a breeze.
: =======

Woo-Hoo! Okay, it's a done deal. I'm getting one. Yay!!

Thanks for letting me know - the clean up was one of my concerns.

--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

NoSpamo`

These are honestly the best things ever invented for the kitchen and diet.
We have had two and they have produced some wonderful healthy eating.

Rick & Cyndi wrote:

> "Denise~*" > wrote in message
> : On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:24:28 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
> : > wrote:
> :
> : >Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
> : >
> : >DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and
> are
> : >getting pretty tempted to call that 1-800 # . Our sister has
> the
> : >George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes
> hers...
> : >I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip
> side,
> : >I recently saw a generic brand for about $ 50.00 that looked
> : >be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
> : >
> : >I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too
> cold
> : >to grill outside; as would be the case right now. For some
> : >reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when
> it's
> : >20 degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
> : >
> : >Thanks for any feedback...
> :
> : I like mine, but I typically end up buring the skin. I need to
> stop
> : using olive oil with it. I'll bet if I used canola, it would
> be
> : better. If you ever get one, I found a great brine for chicken
> that I
> : did the last time that I didn't have to boil the ingredients
> first
> : with. All I can say is Succulent!
> :
> :
> : Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)
> =======
>
> Thank you Denise!
>
> I just love how juicy rotisseried (sp?) chicken comes out. After
> watching the infomercial for the second or third time I mentioned
> to Rick that I thought it might make for a terrific Mother's Day
> gift this year... Actually, considering the price it will be
> Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day gift.
>
> Woo-hoo!
>
> Cyndi
> <Remove a "b" to reply>

Rick & Cyndi

"NoSpamo`" > wrote in message
ink.net...
: These are honestly the best things ever invented for the
kitchen and diet.
: We have had two and they have produced some wonderful healthy
eating.
:

<snip > :
: > : >Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
<snip>
=======================

Two of them?

I'm getting excited about getting one.
--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

PENMART01

> Cyndi" says:
>
>Two of them?
>
>I'm getting excited
>
>Cyndi

I should hope two... somehow everytime I see "rotisserie" I'm reminded of
brassiere.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Kswck

"Rick & Cyndi" > wrote in message
> Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
>
> DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are
> getting pretty tempted to call that 1-800 # . Our sister has the
> George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
> I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side,
> I recently saw a generic brand for about $ 50.00 that looked to
> be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
>
> I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold
> to grill outside; as would be the case right now. For some
> reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's
> 20 degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
>
> Thanks for any feedback...
> --
> Cyndi
> <Remove a "b" to reply>

I have one as well. The machine itself is quite good, particularly when I
make and dried herb coated roast beef.

A couple of things however: They all seem to make a 'moaning' moise after a
while-I know several people who have had this problem.

RONCO customer service sucks however. I wore a hole in their gloves and
ordered a new one. They charged me twice for it and it took me 6 months to
get the credit for both. I never did get the additional gloves. I simply
bought another brand.
I don't know how they are for purchasing the additional baskets and the
warming tray. I got that at a local gourmet store.

NoSpamo`

I have had great service from them with no problems at all. I ordered
extra skewers and ties for the chickens and got them in three days.
Baskets as well..the giant ones.
You should give this a try it can always be returned.
We do prime rib, turkey, whole and breasts, loin of pork and it is fabulous.

Kswck wrote:
> "Rick & Cyndi" > wrote in message
>
>>Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
>>
>>DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are
>>getting pretty tempted to call that 1-800 # . Our sister has the
>>George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
>>I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side,
>>I recently saw a generic brand for about $ 50.00 that looked to
>>be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
>>
>>I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold
>>to grill outside; as would be the case right now. For some
>>reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's
>>20 degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
>>
>>Thanks for any feedback...
>>--
>>Cyndi
>><Remove a "b" to reply>
>>

> I have one as well. The machine itself is quite good, particularly when I
> make and dried herb coated roast beef.
>
> A couple of things however: They all seem to make a 'moaning' moise after a
> while-I know several people who have had this problem.
>
> RONCO customer service sucks however. I wore a hole in their gloves and
> ordered a new one. They charged me twice for it and it took me 6 months to
> get the credit for both. I never did get the additional gloves. I simply
> bought another brand.
> I don't know how they are for purchasing the additional baskets and the
> warming tray. I got that at a local gourmet store.

gardenia

Rick & Cyndi wrote:
> Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

I've had mine for over 4 years now and use it all the time..

> DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are
> getting pretty tempted to call that 1-800 # . Our sister has the
> George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
> I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side,
> I recently saw a generic brand for about $ 50.00 that looked to
> be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
>
> I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold
> to grill outside; as would be the case right now. For some
> reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's
> 20 degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
>
> Thanks for any feedback...

Kswck

"NoSpamo`" > wrote in message
ink.net...
> I have had great service from them with no problems at all. I ordered
> extra skewers and ties for the chickens and got them in three days.
> Baskets as well..the giant ones.
> You should give this a try it can always be returned.
> We do prime rib, turkey, whole and breasts, loin of pork and it is

fabulous.

I've tried just about everything as well, short of a stuffed turkey. No
argument on the machine.

Rick & Cyndi

"Kswck" <
<snipping my original post>
:
[...]

I ordered mine (today!) off of E-bay but will probably order some
of the accessories (Rib basket, Lobster basket and maybe the
Solid food injector) from the www.Popeilfamily.com site. Gosh, I
can't wait to get it now!
--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Rick & Cyndi

: Kswck
[...]

: =====

Yeah, that's how it is with anyone's customer service... some
people experience good service and there's always a few that get
the bad service... Regardless, I CAN'T WAIT to get my
rotisserie! Woo-Hoo!!!
Cyndi

Pennyaline

"PENMART01" wrote:
> I should hope two... somehow everytime I see "rotisserie" I'm reminded of
> brassiere.

Steer him toward a brasserie, somebody.

PENMART01

>"Pennyaline"
>
>"PENMART01" wrote:
>>
>> I should hope two... somehow everytime I see "rotisserie" I'm reminded of
>> brassiere.

>Steer him toward a brasserie, somebody.

Is that like a titty bar?

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

John W

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:24:28 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
> wrote:

>Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
>
>DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are
>getting pretty tempted to call that 1-800 # . Our sister has the
>George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
>I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side,
>I recently saw a generic brand for about $ 50.00 that looked to
>be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.
>
>I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold
>to grill outside; as would be the case right now. For some
>reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's
>20 degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. <G>
>
>Thanks for any feedback...

If you decide to buy, DON'T buy from the infomercial, checkout
www.qvc.com. It will be cheaper, usually comes with more options
like a 3 hou digital timer, will ship faster and comes with an
unquestioned 30 money back guarantee.

John
Rick & Cyndi

: > wrote:
:
[...]

Whoa! You're not kidding! That's a major price difference. Of
course, the lower price QVC item doesn't have some of the
"extras" that the higher priced infomercial has... that being
said I got a pretty good deal through E-bay. The price was a
little more than QVCs but had some extra goodies with it.

Thanks for the heads up though John, I sometimes forget to check
QVC and HSN's prices before making my final decision.
--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Denise~*

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:20:39 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>: In rec.food.cooking, Rick & Cyndi >
>wrote:
>: > Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
>:
>: I have one. I got it free. It works about as one would
>expect. It's
>: fine for what it is.
>:
>: =========
>
>Most things that I get for free are fine, too! LOL
>
>What have you tried in yours? Poultry, ribs, vegetables, etc?

Iv'e done chicken & ribs. You have to put the ribs on loosely though,
otherwise they shrink & pull at the skewers.

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?
Denise~*

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 00:05:22 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
> wrote:

>I ordered mine (today!) off of E-bay but will probably order some
>of the accessories (Rib basket, Lobster basket and maybe the
>Solid food injector) from the www.Popeilfamily.com site. Gosh, I
>can't wait to get it now!

Here's the recipe that mentioned earlier.
I had dried sage leaves & they worked just as good. I also stuck the
bay leaves & garlic in the cavity when I cooked it. (Aromatics)
Like I said though, most likely better to use Canola oil than Olive
oil :-).

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._16856,00.html

Honey Brined Chicken with Lemon and Sage
Recipe courtesy Michael Symon

Recipe Summary
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes
Inactive Prep Time: 12 minutes Yield: 4 servings
1 (3 to 4 pound) whole chicken
4 ounces honey
4 ounces salt
1 quart water
2 bay leaves
2 cloves garlic sliced
6 sage leaves
6 thin slices lemon seeds removed
2 ounces olive oil

Mix honey, salt, water, bay leaves, and garlic together. Pull skin
away from chicken just enough to place sage leaves and lemon slices
under skin. Truss the chicken and tie the other end of the butcher's
twine to the pot handle for a quick retrieval of the brined chicken.
Place chicken in liquid and let sit in cooler for 12 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Place chicken on roasting rack in oven and brush with olive oil. Bake
for about 45 to 50 minutes or until juices run clear.

Episode#: MP1B46

Copyright © 2003 Television Food Network, G.P., All Rights Reserved

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?
Rick & Cyndi

: > wrote:
:
[...]
======

Oh my stars!!! <dabbing a little dribble...> That sounds
divine!! That will definitely be one of the first things we'll
be trying with it! Doggone - now I'm wishing I should have asked
for express delivery!

Thanks for the note about loosely fitting the ribs. Makes sense
but I'm not sure that I would have thought about it.

--
Cyndi
<Remove a "b" to reply>

Denise~*

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004 16:37:55 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
> wrote:

>Oh my stars!!! <dabbing a little dribble...> That sounds
>divine!! That will definitely be one of the first things we'll
>be trying with it! Doggone - now I'm wishing I should have asked
>for express delivery!
>
>Thanks for the note about loosely fitting the ribs. Makes sense
>but I'm not sure that I would have thought about it.

Ohh, it also does excellent baked potatoes.

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?

In rec.food.cooking, Rick & Cyndi > wrote:

> Most things that I get for free are fine, too! LOL

Good point.

> What have you tried in yours? Poultry, ribs, vegetables, etc?

I've only used it a couple of times. I made kebobs, and a big roaster
chicken. It worked fine.

it is big and ugly on the counter, so I leave it in the pantry. I'll dig
it out and try it again on a beef roast.

I know that Ed Pawlowski likes his, and I respect his opinions.

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who
GAIL

you shouldnt beleve everything you hear and it wont always work.Like lat
week i had a bowl melt in the oven.BIG mess. Talk to you soon