Old 13-02-2004, 04:24 AM
Rick & Cyndi

Default Ron Popeil's Rotisserie

Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are
getting pretty tempted to call that 1-800 # . Our sister has the
George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side,
I recently saw a generic brand for about $ 50.00 that looked to
be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.

I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold
to grill outside; as would be the case right now. For some
reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's
20 degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. G

Thanks for any feedback...
--
Cyndi
Remove a "b" to reply

Old 13-02-2004, 07:15 AM
Denise~*

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 04:24:28 GMT, "Rick & Cyndi"
wrote:

Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are
getting pretty tempted to call that 1-800 # . Our sister has the
George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side,
I recently saw a generic brand for about $ 50.00 that looked to
be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.

I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold
to grill outside; as would be the case right now. For some
reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's
20 degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. G

Thanks for any feedback...

I like mine, but I typically end up buring the skin. I need to stop
using olive oil with it. I'll bet if I used canola, it would be
better. If you ever get one, I found a great brine for chicken that I
did the last time that I didn't have to boil the ingredients first
with. All I can say is Succulent!

Denise, Brian & Wyatt (May 31, 02)

How much Healthy Choice ice cream can I eat before it's no longer a healthy choice?
Old 13-02-2004, 06:26 PM

In rec.food.cooking, Rick & Cyndi wrote:
Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

I have one. I got it free. It works about as one would expect. It's
fine for what it is.

--
....I'm an air-conditioned gypsy...

- The Who
Old 13-02-2004, 07:58 PM
Sharon Chilson

I have the Showtime grill and I love it. We use it often. It cooks well
and clean up is a breeze.

Old 13-02-2004, 07:59 PM
Gtwy4cb

Ron Popeil's Rotisserie

Love mine!! Just got it-my first project was a pork roast--absolutely delish!
Leg of lamb next...

Old 13-02-2004, 09:16 PM
Rick & Cyndi

Default Ron Popeil's Rotisserie - Thank you!

"Gtwy4cb" wrote in message
: Ron Popeil's Rotisserie
:
: Love mine!! Just got it-my first project was a pork
roast--absolutely delish!
: Leg of lamb next...
==========

Yummmm! That sounds delicious! Thank you for letting me know
about liking (loving!) yours. I mentioned to Rick that I thought
I might like one for Mother's Day... looks like we'll be getting
one.

--
Cyndi
Remove a "b" to reply

Old 13-02-2004, 09:19 PM
Rick & Cyndi

: wrote:
:
[...]
=======

Thank you Denise!

I just love how juicy rotisseried (sp?) chicken comes out. After
watching the infomercial for the second or third time I mentioned
to Rick that I thought it might make for a terrific Mother's Day
gift this year... Actually, considering the price it will be
Valentine's Day, Mother's Day and Father's Day gift.

Woo-hoo!

Cyndi
Remove a "b" to reply

Old 13-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Rick & Cyndi

wrote:
: Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
:
: I have one. I got it free. It works about as one would
expect. It's
: fine for what it is.
:
: =========

Most things that I get for free are fine, too! LOL

What have you tried in yours? Poultry, ribs, vegetables, etc?

--
Cyndi
Remove a "b" to reply

Old 13-02-2004, 09:28 PM
Rick & Cyndi

"Sharon Chilson" wrote in message
:
: I have the Showtime grill and I love it. We use it often. It
cooks well
: and clean up is a breeze.
: =======

Woo-Hoo! Okay, it's a done deal. I'm getting one. Yay!!

Thanks for letting me know - the clean up was one of my concerns.

--
Cyndi
Remove a "b" to reply

Old 13-02-2004, 09:29 PM
NoSpamo`

These are honestly the best things ever invented for the kitchen and diet.
We have had two and they have produced some wonderful healthy eating.

:

Old 13-02-2004, 09:32 PM
Rick & Cyndi

"NoSpamo`" wrote in message
ink.net...
: These are honestly the best things ever invented for the
kitchen and diet.
: We have had two and they have produced some wonderful healthy
eating.
:

snip :
: : Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?
snip
=======================

Two of them?

I'm getting excited about getting one.
--
Cyndi
Remove a "b" to reply

Old 13-02-2004, 09:46 PM
PENMART01

Cyndi" says:

Two of them?

I'm getting excited

Cyndi

I should hope two... somehow everytime I see "rotisserie" I'm reminded of
brassiere.

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Old 13-02-2004, 11:40 PM
Kswck

"Rick & Cyndi" wrote in message
news:[email protected]_s01...
Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

DH and I have sat through his infomercial a time or two and are
getting pretty tempted to call that 1-800 # . Our sister has the
George Foreman Junior model, that is similar, and likes hers...
I think her model would be too small for us but on the flip side,
I recently saw a generic brand for about $ 50.00 that looked to
be "the next size up" from the G. Foreman Junior.

I love rotisserie chicken and usually crave it when it's too cold
to grill outside; as would be the case right now. For some
reason... grills seem to have a tough time getting hot when it's
20 degrees F. outside. Huh, imagine that. G

Thanks for any feedback...
--
Cyndi
Remove a "b" to reply

I have one as well. The machine itself is quite good, particularly when I
make and dried herb coated roast beef.

A couple of things however: They all seem to make a 'moaning' moise after a
while-I know several people who have had this problem.

RONCO customer service sucks however. I wore a hole in their gloves and
ordered a new one. They charged me twice for it and it took me 6 months to
get the credit for both. I never did get the additional gloves. I simply
bought another brand.
I don't know how they are for purchasing the additional baskets and the
warming tray. I got that at a local gourmet store.

Old 13-02-2004, 11:46 PM
NoSpamo`

I have had great service from them with no problems at all. I ordered
extra skewers and ties for the chickens and got them in three days.
Baskets as well..the giant ones.
You should give this a try it can always be returned.
We do prime rib, turkey, whole and breasts, loin of pork and it is fabulous.

Kswck wrote:
news:[email protected]_s01...

Old 13-02-2004, 11:54 PM
gardenia

Rick & Cyndi wrote:
Soooooo, who has one and do you love it?

I've had mine for over 4 years now and use it all the time..