Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default My flight

Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close to
ideal. The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls over to
me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara River to
the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines and back to
the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.

It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.

I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
considering getting a recreational license. It is affordable.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2021 5:45 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close to
> ideal.Â* The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls over to
> me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara River to
> the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines and back to
> the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.
>
> It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
> enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.
>
> I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
> considering getting a recreational license.Â* It is affordable.

Glad you enjoyed it. Next time out they may let you do the takeoff and
closer to landing.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 18:53:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/13/2021 5:45 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close to
>> ideal.* The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls over to
>> me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara River to
>> the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines and back to
>> the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.
>>
>> It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
>> enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.
>>
>> I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
>> considering getting a recreational license.* It is affordable.

>Glad you enjoyed it. Next time out they may let you do the takeoff and
>closer to landing.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 18:53:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

>On 6/13/2021 5:45 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close to
>> ideal.Â* The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls over to
>> me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara River to
>> the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines and back to
>> the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.
>>
>> It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
>> enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.
>>
>> I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
>> considering getting a recreational license.Â* It is affordable.

>Glad you enjoyed it. Next time out they may let you do the takeoff and
>closer to landing.

Do you want less Dave Smith posts perhaps?

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 09:17:53 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 18:53:32 -0400, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
>>On 6/13/2021 5:45 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close to
>>> ideal.* The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls over to
>>> me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara River to
>>> the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines and back to
>>> the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.
>>>
>>> It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
>>> enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.
>>>
>>> I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
>>> considering getting a recreational license.* It is affordable.

>>Glad you enjoyed it. Next time out they may let you do the takeoff and
>>closer to landing.

>Do you want less Dave Smith posts perhaps?

Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/13/2021 5:45 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close to
> ideal.Â* The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls over to
> me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara River to
> the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines and back to
> the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.
>
> It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
> enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.
>
> I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
> considering getting a recreational license.Â* It is affordable.

I'm glad you had a good time!

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 19:44:27 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/13/2021 5:45 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close to
>> ideal.* The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls over to
>> me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara River to
>> the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines and back to
>> the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.
>>
>> It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
>> enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.
>>
>> I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
>> considering getting a recreational license.* It is affordable.

>I'm glad you had a good time!
>
>Jill

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-13 6:53 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
> On 6/13/2021 5:45 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close
>> to ideal.Â* The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls
>> over to me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara
>> River to the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines
>> and back to the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.
>>
>> It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
>> enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.
>>
>> I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
>> considering getting a recreational license.Â* It is affordable.

> Glad you enjoyed it.Â* Next time out they may let you do the takeoff and
> closer to landing.

My wife and I talked about it and she is amenable to me pursuing the
license. It would cost about $6000 for a recreational license. That
would limit me to single engine planes with seating for no more than 4
but with no more than one passenger, day time only and in Canada only.
My friend had helped to arrange it and we stopped by for a drink this
afternoon. He is thinking of getting his medical and getting his
license back. He was a commercial airline pilot and had thousands and
thousands of hours of flight time logged,including about 18,000 hours in
a 777. We figure we could split on the cost of a rental and go flying
about once a month.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 19:52:19 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-06-13 6:53 p.m., Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>> On 6/13/2021 5:45 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close
>>> to ideal.Â* The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls
>>> over to me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara
>>> River to the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines
>>> and back to the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.
>>>
>>> It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
>>> enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.
>>>
>>> I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
>>> considering getting a recreational license.Â* It is affordable.

>> Glad you enjoyed it.Â* Next time out they may let you do the takeoff and
>> closer to landing.

>My wife and I talked about it and she is amenable to me pursuing the
>license.

I'm going to try this today: "Wife, are you amenable to me having a
glass of wine?"

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 09:55:17 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 19:52:19 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> Glad you enjoyed it.* Next time out they may let you do the takeoff and
>>> closer to landing.

>>My wife and I talked about it and she is amenable to me pursuing the
>>license.

>I'm going to try this today: "Wife, are you amenable to me having a
>glass of wine?"

Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 17:45:34 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close to
>ideal. The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls over to
>me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara River to
>the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines and back to
>the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.
>
>It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
>enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.
>
>I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
>considering getting a recreational license. It is affordable.

Congratulations on your flight. I'm smiling for you. It sounds
wonderful.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 01:16:38 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 17:45:34 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>>Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close to
>>ideal. The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls over to
>>me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara River to
>>the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines and back to
>>the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.
>>
>>It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
>>enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.
>>
>>I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
>>considering getting a recreational license. It is affordable.

>Congratulations on your flight. I'm smiling for you. It sounds
>wonderful.
>Janet US

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith Australia wrote:

> Dave Smith Canada wrote:
>> My wife and I talked about it and she is amenable to me pursuing the
>> license.

> I'm going to try this today: "Wife, are you amenable to me having a
> glass of wine?"

Bruce, try asking her for a hamburger. lol

note: I watched a Modern Marvels episode early this morning (2-3am) and
thought you would have liked this one. The story of the meat packing
industry - history and current.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 11:45:39 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close to
> ideal. The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls over to
> me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara River to
> the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines and back to
> the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.
>
> It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
> enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.
>
> I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
> considering getting a recreational license. It is affordable.

Congrats. My guess is that within a decade, all inter-island travel in Hawaii will be by electric aircraft. For trainer aircraft, it's going to be a no-brainer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMrLHeKJA80
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 08:31:12 -0400, Gary > wrote:

>Dave Smith Australia wrote:
>
>> Dave Smith Canada wrote:
>>> My wife and I talked about it and she is amenable to me pursuing the
>>> license.

>> I'm going to try this today: "Wife, are you amenable to me having a
>> glass of wine?"

>Bruce, try asking her for a hamburger. lol
>
>note: I watched a Modern Marvels episode early this morning (2-3am) and
>thought you would have liked this one. The story of the meat packing
>industry - history and current.

Linda McCartney hamburgers are really good and not as expensive as
Beyond Meat. My wife and I are always amenable to having one of those

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 10:11:34 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 08:31:12 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
> >Dave Smith Australia wrote:

> >> I'm going to try this today: "Wife, are you amenable to me having a
> >> glass of wine?"

> >Bruce, try asking her for a hamburger. lol
> >
> >note: I watched a Modern Marvels episode early this morning (2-3am) and
> >thought you would have liked this one. The story of the meat packing
> >industry - history and current.

> Linda McCartney hamburgers are really good and not as expensive as
> Beyond Meat. My wife and I are always amenable to having one of those
>

> --
> Bruce

I'll have to look for that one cause I'm bored with the foods I'm buying/eating. 16 minutes seems a bit too long to be cooking a TVP burger.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pEil2e_bUvg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-14 5:45 p.m., dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 10:11:34 AM UTC-10, Bruce pretending to be Dave Smith wrote:
>> Linda McCartney hamburgers are really good and not as expensive as
>> Beyond Meat. My wife and I are always amenable to having one of those
>>

>> --
>> Bruce

> I'll have to look for that one cause I'm bored with the foods I'm buying/eating. 16 minutes seems a bit too long to be cooking a TVP burger.

You know they have to be good when they pay a has been never was
celebrity to use her name.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> Wow. It was great. It was a beautiful day. The conditions were close
> to ideal.Â* The pilot did the take off and then handed the controls
> over to me. We headed out to Niagara on the Lake, across the Niagara
> River to the American side, then looped around over to St. Catharines
> and back to the airport. The pilot took the controls for the landing.
>
> It was a blast. Best birthday present ever. In late August I get to
> enjoy my Christmas present, a flight in a Harvard trainer.
>
> I picked up the information package for flying lessons. I am seriously
> considering getting a recreational license.Â* It is affordable.

I've flown many times with a friend who owns over a dozen single engine
planes.Â* I was very surprised the first time how easy it is to fly.Â*
Taking off, landing, and navigation are another matter.Â* It is a lot of fun!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2021 1:10 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> Congrats. My guess is that within a decade, all inter-island travel in Hawaii will be by electric aircraft. For trainer aircraft, it's going to be a no-brainer.

I'd assume many locals down the own boats.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:12:08 PM UTC-10, Michael Trew wrote:
> On 6/14/2021 1:10 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > Congrats. My guess is that within a decade, all inter-island travel in Hawaii will be by electric aircraft. For trainer aircraft, it's going to be a no-brainer.
> >

> I'd assume many locals down the own boats.

That sounds reasonable. I think a lot of folks do own boats. Most of the locals own small kine boats for fishing. They don't travel much between islands. I don't know why. Maybe it's dangerous. The rich guys own the bigger crafts. I suppose they travel between islands. I'd like to see a ferry system between the islands. That doesn't seem to be in the cards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl14PAGOUZo

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/15/2021 1:04 AM, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:12:08 PM UTC-10, Michael Trew wrote:
>> On 6/14/2021 1:10 PM, dsi1 wrote:
>>> Congrats. My guess is that within a decade, all inter-island travel in Hawaii will be by electric aircraft. For trainer aircraft, it's going to be a no-brainer.
>>>

>> I'd assume many locals down the own boats.

> That sounds reasonable. I think a lot of folks do own boats. Most of the locals own small kine boats for fishing. They don't travel much between islands. I don't know why. Maybe it's dangerous. The rich guys own the bigger crafts. I suppose they travel between islands. I'd like to see a ferry system between the islands. That doesn't seem to be in the cards.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl14PAGOUZo

I've always wanted to visit Hawaii, but I've heard it's far too
commercialized now... living there, is that true, in your opinion? Does
it depend on the island?

Side note, I once saw a car on the mainland (Ohio) with a Hawaii plate
(with valid tags). That was kind of a trippy thing to see... it took me
a minute to process it. I suppose they liked it enough that they had it
shipped up, and haven't bothered to register it up here with a valid
plate yet since their sticker is still good. Technically not legal if
you've moved, however. I wonder how a police officer would react to that.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 1:04:36 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:12:08 PM UTC-10, Michael Trew wrote:
> > On 6/14/2021 1:10 PM, dsi1 wrote:
> > > Congrats. My guess is that within a decade, all inter-island travel in Hawaii will be by electric aircraft. For trainer aircraft, it's going to be a no-brainer.
> > >

> > I'd assume many locals down the own boats.

> That sounds reasonable. I think a lot of folks do own boats. Most of the locals own small kine boats for fishing. They don't travel much between islands. I don't know why. Maybe it's dangerous. The rich guys own the bigger crafts. I suppose they travel between islands. I'd like to see a ferry system between the islands. That doesn't seem to be in the cards.

The impression that I always got from Hawai'i was that there's never any money for anything. Do all gains come from Tourism or fishing. If so, its kind of tough to immediately initiate new infrastructure of the kind that you see in Paris, London or New York.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 6:04:29 AM UTC-10, bruce bowser wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 1:04:36 AM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
> > > >
> > > I'd assume many locals down the own boats.

> > That sounds reasonable. I think a lot of folks do own boats. Most of the locals own small kine boats for fishing. They don't travel much between islands. I don't know why. Maybe it's dangerous. The rich guys own the bigger crafts. I suppose they travel between islands. I'd like to see a ferry system between the islands. That doesn't seem to be in the cards.

> The impression that I always got from Hawai'i was that there's never any money for anything. Do all gains come from Tourism or fishing. If so, its kind of tough to immediately initiate new infrastructure of the kind that you see in Paris, London or New York.

Beats me how the money goes around here. The most important part is securing a homestead and maintaining it. If you can do that, things are a lot easier. If you can secure a state job, things get a lot easier. For older folks with homes and income, this ain't a bad gig at all. For the kids, things are a lot sketchier. For my wife and I, our main concern is securing a future on this rock for our kids and their kids. I suppose that's the way it is with a lot of people here.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 06:11:29 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 08:31:12 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Dave Smith Australia wrote:

>>> I'm going to try this today: "Wife, are you amenable to me having a
>>> glass of wine?"

>>Bruce, try asking her for a hamburger. lol
>>
>>note: I watched a Modern Marvels episode early this morning (2-3am) and
>>thought you would have liked this one. The story of the meat packing
>>industry - history and current.

>Linda McCartney hamburgers are really good and not as expensive as
>Beyond Meat. My wife and I are always amenable to having one of those

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 08:31:12 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>Dave Smith Australia wrote:

>>> I'm going to try this today: "Wife, are you amenable to me having a
>>> glass of wine?"

>>Bruce, try asking her for a hamburger. lol
>>
>>note: I watched a Modern Marvels episode early this morning (2-3am) and
>>thought you would have liked this one. The story of the meat packing
>>industry - history and current.

>Linda McCartney hamburgers are really good and not as expensive as
>Beyond Meat. My wife and I are always amenable to having one of those

Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 11:20:29 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:

> JUNE 14, 2021|12:01 AM
> PETER VAN BUREN
>

> Hawaii exists as distinct economic microbiomes. The Hawaii most people know is beautiful Waikiki, a place that if the darn Russians had not coined the term Potemkin Village would have taken the name for itself. Waikiki is fake, joyously fake, a kind of mellow version of the Vegas swindle, as if Ikea was the designer instead of 1950s mobsters. It exists only to separate tourists from their money. The beach is indeed gorgeous (but man-made, even it is fake), the ocean delightful, and prices are kept reasonable enough that it is accessible to a large number of people, as opposed to say Tahiti or Aruba.

Aruba isn't exorbitantly expensive. It's cheaper to live there than Manhattan
or San Francisco. We've looked into it. June-Sept/Oct is off season. We've
looked into it because It would be nice to live in Puerto Rico Nov. through
May, then Aruba during hurricane season. You can get a nice Airbnb for $1K
a month.

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:46:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 11:20:29 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:
>>

>> JUNE 14, 2021|12:01 AM
>> PETER VAN BUREN
>>

>> Hawaii exists as distinct economic microbiomes. The Hawaii most people know is beautiful Waikiki, a place that if the darn Russians had not coined the term Potemkin Village would have taken the name for itself. Waikiki is fake, joyously fake, a kind of mellow version of the Vegas swindle, as if Ikea was the designer instead of 1950s mobsters. It exists only to separate tourists from their money. The beach is indeed gorgeous (but man-made, even it is fake), the ocean delightful, and prices are kept reasonable enough that it is accessible to a large number of people, as opposed to say Tahiti or Aruba.
>>

>Aruba isn't exorbitantly expensive. It's cheaper to live there than Manhattan
>or San Francisco. We've looked into it. June-Sept/Oct is off season. We've
>looked into it because It would be nice to live in Puerto Rico Nov. through
>May, then Aruba during hurricane season. You can get a nice Airbnb for $1K
>a month.
>>

>--Bryan

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 4:50:09 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:46:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> > wrote:
>
> >On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 11:20:29 AM UTC-5, GM wrote:
> >>

> >> JUNE 14, 2021|12:01 AM
> >> PETER VAN BUREN
> >>

> >> Hawaii exists as distinct economic microbiomes. The Hawaii most people know is beautiful Waikiki, a place that if the darn Russians had not coined the term Potemkin Village would have taken the name for itself. Waikiki is fake, joyously fake, a kind of mellow version of the Vegas swindle, as if Ikea was the designer instead of 1950s mobsters. It exists only to separate tourists from their money. The beach is indeed gorgeous (but man-made, even it is fake), the ocean delightful, and prices are kept reasonable enough that it is accessible to a large number of people, as opposed to say Tahiti or Aruba.
> >>

> >Aruba isn't exorbitantly expensive. It's cheaper to live there than Manhattan
> >or San Francisco. We've looked into it. June-Sept/Oct is off season. We've
> >looked into it because It would be nice to live in Puerto Rico Nov. through
> >May, then Aruba during hurricane season. You can get a nice Airbnb for $1K
> >a month.

Look at this. It's Curaçao, not Aruba, but very close.
https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/45256284

> >--Bryan

> Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."
> --
> Bruce

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:53:16 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 4:50:09 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:46:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
>> > wrote:

>> >Aruba isn't exorbitantly expensive. It's cheaper to live there than Manhattan
>> >or San Francisco. We've looked into it. June-Sept/Oct is off season. We've
>> >looked into it because It would be nice to live in Puerto Rico Nov. through
>> >May, then Aruba during hurricane season. You can get a nice Airbnb for $1K
>> >a month.

>Look at this. It's Curaçao, not Aruba, but very close.
>https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/45256284
>> >>
>> >--Bryan

>> Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."
>> --
>> Bruce
>>

>--Bryan

Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:53:16 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 4:50:09 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 14:46:10 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
>> > wrote:

of 1950s mobsters. It exists only to separate tourists from their money. The beach is indeed gorgeous (but man-made, even it is fake), the ocean delightful, and prices are kept reasonable enough that it is accessible to a large number of people, as opposed to say Tahiti or Aruba.

>> >Aruba isn't exorbitantly expensive. It's cheaper to live there than Manhattan
>> >or San Francisco. We've looked into it. June-Sept/Oct is off season. We've
>> >looked into it because It would be nice to live in Puerto Rico Nov. through
>> >May, then Aruba during hurricane season. You can get a nice Airbnb for $1K
>> >a month.

>Look at this. It's Curaçao, not Aruba, but very close.

It's all the Netherlands.

--
Bruce