Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default 6-11-21, Friday Night Dinner

Tonight it's going to be chili with a tamale thrown in the bottom
of the bowl. Of course, there will be enough left for another few
days.

I was late getting started on this as I had my eyes dilated today
and it's taken A.L.L. day for them to return to normal. ARRGGGH
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 17:42:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>Tonight it's going to be chili with a tamale thrown in the bottom
>of the bowl. Of course, there will be enough left for another few
>days.
>
>I was late getting started on this as I had my eyes dilated today
>and it's taken A.L.L. day for them to return to normal. ARRGGGH

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 17:42:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>Tonight it's going to be chili with a tamale thrown in the bottom
>of the bowl. Of course, there will be enough left for another few
>days.
>
>I was late getting started on this as I had my eyes dilated today
>and it's taken A.L.L. day for them to return to normal. ARRGGGH

We're having chicken tikka masala (from a jar), a baguette and red
bell pepper sticks.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 6:00:25 PM UTC-5, US Janet wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 17:42:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> > wrote:
>

> >Tonight it's going to be chili with a tamale thrown in the bottom
> >of the bowl. Of course, there will be enough left for another few
> >days.
> >
> >I was late getting started on this as I had my eyes dilated today
> >and it's taken A.L.L. day for them to return to normal. ARRGGGH

> We're having chicken tikka masala (from a jar), a baguette and red
> bell pepper sticks.

it is muggy, so it's crackers and cheese, and a veg salad, consisting of tomatoes, dice potatoes, and a thawed package of frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, 1000 Island dressing...too lazy to "cook"...

--
GM

Posted to rec.food.cooking
GM GM is offline

Sheldon wrote:

> On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 Dave Smith wrote:
> >On 2021-06-11 8:42 p.m., wrote:
> >>
> >> Tonight it's going to be chili with a tamale thrown in the bottom
> >> of the bowl. Of course, there will be enough left for another few
> >> days.
> >>
> >> I was late getting started on this as I had my eyes dilated today
> >> and it's taken A.L.L. day for them to return to normal. ARRGGGH

> >We had lamb burgers. There was a package of ground lamb.

> Yik. I would't feed lamb to a starving dog. I don't consider lamb
> edible. The stench alone is disgusting.

Many years ago my dad and other farmers raised sheep, in fact in the late 40's my dad's sheep won blue medals at various county fairs, including once even at the Illinois State Fair. However, NO one that we knew ever ate lamb, it was considered "poor food", the word "mutton" was said with disdain....

It was not until my late 20's that I had lamb, it was "okay", but I've not had it in prolly 25+ years...what little I see is very expensive,...

When I was a kid some wierd guy was caught screwing a sheep on their family farm, that's my main "memory" of l - a - m - b ...

B - a - a - a ... !!!

--
Best
Greg
Posted to rec.food.cooking

GM wrote:
> Sheldon wrote:

>>> We had lamb burgers. There was a package of ground lamb.

>> Yik. I would't feed lamb to a starving dog. I don't consider lamb
>> edible. The stench alone is disgusting.

> Many years ago my dad and other farmers raised sheep, in fact in the late 40's my dad's sheep won blue medals at various county fairs, including once even at the Illinois State Fair. However, NO one that we knew ever ate lamb, it was considered "poor food", the word "mutton" was said with disdain...
>
> It was not until my late 20's that I had lamb, it was "okay", but I've not had it in prolly 25+ years...what little I see is very expensive,...
>
> When I was a kid some wierd guy was caught screwing a sheep on their family farm, that's my main "memory" of l - a - m - b ...
>
> B - a - a - a ... !!!

Hell, Popeye ****s any animal. He ****ed his aunt. ****ed his
mother in law.

I bet he even ****ed his mother.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> We had lamb burgers. There was a package of ground lamb. I seasoned it
> with some salt and pepper, a dash of Worcestershire sauce, some cumin,
> finely minced garlic and chopped fresh min. Mixed it all up and made
> patties that were grilled on the gas BBQ. I made up some tzatziki and
> served the cooked patties on toasted rolls with tzatziki, sliced red
> onion and tomato. Delicious.

This sounds very good to me, Dave. It *does* sound delicious!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 7:22:46 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 Dave Smith wrote:
> >On 2021-06-11 8:42 p.m., wrote:
> >>
> >> Tonight it's going to be chili with a tamale thrown in the bottom
> >> of the bowl. Of course, there will be enough left for another few
> >> days.
> >>
> >> I was late getting started on this as I had my eyes dilated today
> >> and it's taken A.L.L. day for them to return to normal. ARRGGGH

> >We had lamb burgers. There was a package of ground lamb.

> Yik. I would't feed lamb to a starving dog. I don't consider lamb
> edible. The stench alone is disgusting.

I disagree. Grilled lamb chops marinated in garlic brandy butter sauce with fried artichoke hearts isn't a bad deal.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 06:36:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 7:22:46 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:

>> >We had lamb burgers. There was a package of ground lamb.

>> Yik. I would't feed lamb to a starving dog. I don't consider lamb
>> edible. The stench alone is disgusting.

>I disagree. Grilled lamb chops marinated in garlic brandy butter sauce with fried artichoke hearts isn't a bad deal.

I'd far rather marinate a rack of pork ribs or a fistful of
chicken legs. I'd never waste marinade on lamb. During WWll only
lamb was plentiful, the troops didn't eat lamb. For those years I ate
too much lamb, never again.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gary wrote:

> Dave Smith wrote:
> > We had lamb burgers. There was a package of ground lamb. I
> > seasoned it with some salt and pepper, a dash of Worcestershire
> > sauce, some cumin, finely minced garlic and chopped fresh min.
> > Mixed it all up and made patties that were grilled on the gas BBQ.
> > I made up some tzatziki and served the cooked patties on toasted
> > rolls with tzatziki, sliced red onion and tomato. Delicious.

> This sounds very good to me, Dave. It does sound delicious!

The only problem, *sob* he forgot to invite us!

Dave, I hate you. You should have invited me too!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 15:03:49 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Gary wrote:
>
>> Dave Smith wrote:
>> > We had lamb burgers. There was a package of ground lamb. I
>> > seasoned it with some salt and pepper, a dash of Worcestershire
>> > sauce, some cumin, finely minced garlic and chopped fresh min.
>> > Mixed it all up and made patties that were grilled on the gas BBQ.
>> > I made up some tzatziki and served the cooked patties on toasted
>> > rolls with tzatziki, sliced red onion and tomato. Delicious.

>> This sounds very good to me, Dave. It does sound delicious!

>The only problem, *sob* he forgot to invite us!
>
>Dave, I hate you. You should have invited me too!

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 10:01:20 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:

> I'd far rather marinate a rack of pork ribs or a fistful of
> chicken legs. I'd never waste marinade on lamb. During WWll only
> lamb was plentiful, the troops didn't eat lamb. For those years I ate
> too much lamb, never again.

Do you remember back in the late 60's early 70's all those sheep that died
due to the government releasing that nerve gas in Wyoming? I think it was
Wyoming. Those dead sheep were shipped to Viet Nam to feed the troops.
My former department manager was a cook in the army and he said he
cooked it but did not consume any of it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 13:27:17 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 10:01:20 AM UTC-5, Sheldon wrote:
>>
>> I'd far rather marinate a rack of pork ribs or a fistful of
>> chicken legs. I'd never waste marinade on lamb. During WWll only
>> lamb was plentiful, the troops didn't eat lamb. For those years I ate
>> too much lamb, never again.
>>

>Do you remember back in the late 60's early 70's all those sheep that died
>due to the government releasing that nerve gas in Wyoming? I think it was
>Wyoming. Those dead sheep were shipped to Viet Nam to feed the troops.
>My former department manager was a cook in the army and he said he
>cooked it but did not consume any of it.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 11:01:20 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 06:36:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> > wrote:

> >> Yik. I would't feed lamb to a starving dog. I don't consider lamb
> >> edible. The stench alone is disgusting.

> >I disagree. Grilled lamb chops marinated in garlic brandy butter sauce with fried artichoke hearts isn't a bad deal.

> I'd far rather marinate a rack of pork ribs or a fistful of
> chicken legs. I'd never waste marinade on lamb. During WWll only
> lamb was plentiful, the troops didn't eat lamb. For those years I ate
> too much lamb, never again.

Marinating chicken in Italian salad dressing for several hours and putting it on the grill, that's a great deal!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 15:10:21 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 11:01:20 AM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 06:36:36 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
>> > wrote:

>> >I disagree. Grilled lamb chops marinated in garlic brandy butter sauce with fried artichoke hearts isn't a bad deal.

>> I'd far rather marinate a rack of pork ribs or a fistful of
>> chicken legs. I'd never waste marinade on lamb. During WWll only
>> lamb was plentiful, the troops didn't eat lamb. For those years I ate
>> too much lamb, never again.

>Marinating chicken in Italian salad dressing for several hours and putting it on the grill, that's a great deal!

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 4:01:36 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> Sheldon Martin wrote:

> > > We had lamb burgers. There was a package of ground lamb.

> > Yik. I would't feed lamb to a starving dog. I don't consider lamb
> > edible. The stench alone is disgusting.

> LOL, you don't know how to cook it is all.

I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. I don't like lamb, although perhaps
not as vehemently as Sheldon. I've tried it every which way, including
tiny chops cooked by a professional chef.

I can tolerate if it's spiced enough to disguise the flavor (gyros, curry,
etc.). Not a ringing endorsement.

More for you.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 01:38:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 4:01:36 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
>> Sheldon Martin wrote:

>> > Yik. I would't feed lamb to a starving dog. I don't consider lamb
>> > edible. The stench alone is disgusting.

>> LOL, you don't know how to cook it is all.

>I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. I don't like lamb, although perhaps
>not as vehemently as Sheldon. I've tried it every which way, including
>tiny chops cooked by a professional chef.
>
>I can tolerate if it's spiced enough to disguise the flavor (gyros, curry,
>etc.). Not a ringing endorsement.
>
>More for you.
>
>Cindy Hamilton

No rule says everyone needs to have the same tastes in food, I just
don't like the taste or stench of lamb. I don't like venison either.
Years ago at a fancy hotel in Canada I took the waiters advice and
ordered bison stew, it was awful, the fat was as congealed and sticky
as lamb fat. I don't like crab either, I'll eat lobster but I don't
love it like so many seem to... I'm also not a big fan of shrimp, I
think it's tasteless unless drowned in some piquant sauce.
I happen to like liver but many don't. I like liverwust too. I also
like chicken liver, chopped chicken liver is a favorite. A lot of
foods I liked years ago are no longer readily available, not easy to
find smoked whitefish anymore. I used to love Chinese restaurant
food, but it's not been the same for 40 years, I no longer like what's
produced nowadays. Good Chinese restaurant food went the way of the
kosher deli, long gone. It's no longer easy to find a real knish,
hardly anyone knows what's a k'nish. I'm one of the few people
remaining
who knows how to make kasha, let alone a kasha knish. I won't even go
into the variations of blintzes.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:16:46 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 01:38:35 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
> wrote:

>>> LOL, you don't know how to cook it is all.

>>I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. I don't like lamb, although perhaps
>>not as vehemently as Sheldon. I've tried it every which way, including
>>tiny chops cooked by a professional chef.
>>
>>I can tolerate if it's spiced enough to disguise the flavor (gyros, curry,
>>etc.). Not a ringing endorsement.
>>
>>More for you.
>>
>>Cindy Hamilton

>No rule says everyone needs to have the same tastes in food, I just
>don't like the taste or stench of lamb. I don't like venison either.
>Years ago at a fancy hotel in Canada I took the waiters advice and
>ordered bison stew, it was awful, the fat was as congealed and sticky
>as lamb fat. I don't like crab either, I'll eat lobster but I don't
>love it like so many seem to... I'm also not a big fan of shrimp, I
>think it's tasteless unless drowned in some piquant sauce.
>I happen to like liver but many don't. I like liverwust too. I also
>like chicken liver, chopped chicken liver is a favorite. A lot of
>foods I liked years ago are no longer readily available, not easy to
>find smoked whitefish anymore. I used to love Chinese restaurant
>food, but it's not been the same for 40 years, I no longer like what's
>produced nowadays. Good Chinese restaurant food went the way of the
>kosher deli, long gone. It's no longer easy to find a real knish,
>hardly anyone knows what's a k'nish. I'm one of the few people
>remaining
>who knows how to make kasha, let alone a kasha knish. I won't even go
>into the variations of blintzes.

I'm surprised that the bison stew had congealed fat. Bison is a
really lean meat.
It must be the way they cooked it.
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-14 2:30 p.m., US Janet wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:16:46 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
> wrote:

>> No rule says everyone needs to have the same tastes in food, I just
>> don't like the taste or stench of lamb. I don't like venison either.
>> Years ago at a fancy hotel in Canada I took the waiters advice and
>> ordered bison stew, it was awful, the fat was as congealed and sticky
>> as lamb fat. I don't like crab either, I'll eat lobster but I don't
>> love it like so many seem to... I'm also not a big fan of shrimp, I
>> think it's tasteless unless drowned in some piquant sauce.
>> I happen to like liver but many don't. I like liverwust too. I also
>> like chicken liver, chopped chicken liver is a favorite. A lot of
>> foods I liked years ago are no longer readily available, not easy to
>> find smoked whitefish anymore. I used to love Chinese restaurant
>> food, but it's not been the same for 40 years, I no longer like what's
>> produced nowadays. Good Chinese restaurant food went the way of the
>> kosher deli, long gone. It's no longer easy to find a real knish,
>> hardly anyone knows what's a k'nish. I'm one of the few people
>> remaining
>> who knows how to make kasha, let alone a kasha knish. I won't even go
>> into the variations of blintzes.

> I'm surprised that the bison stew had congealed fat. Bison is a
> really lean meat.
> It must be the way they cooked it.

Bison meat is much leaner than meat. Perhaps they foisted something else
on Sheldon knowing that he would not know the difference.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2021 2:40 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-06-14 2:30 p.m., US Janet wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:16:46 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:

>>> No rule says everyone needs to have the same tastes in food, I just
>>> don't like the taste or stench of lamb.Â* I don't like venison either.
>>> Years ago at a fancy hotel in Canada I took the waiters advice and
>>> ordered bison stew, it was awful, the fat was as congealed and sticky
>>> as lamb fat.Â* I don't like crab either, I'll eat lobster but I don't
>>> love it like so many seem to... I'm also not a big fan of shrimp, I
>>> think it's tasteless unless drowned in some piquant sauce.
>>> I happen to like liver but many don't.Â* I like liverwust too.Â* I also
>>> like chicken liver, chopped chicken liver is a favorite.Â* A lot of
>>> foods I liked years ago are no longer readily available, not easy to
>>> find smoked whitefish anymore.Â*Â* I used to love Chinese restaurant
>>> food, but it's not been the same for 40 years, I no longer like what's
>>> produced nowadays.Â* Good Chinese restaurant food went the way of the
>>> kosher deli, long gone.Â* It's no longer easy to find a real knish,
>>> hardly anyone knows what's a k'nish.Â* I'm one of the few people
>>> remaining
>>> who knows how to make kasha, let alone a kasha knish.Â* I won't even go
>>> into the variations of blintzes.

>> I'm surprised that the bison stew had congealed fat.Â* Bison is a
>> really lean meat.
>> It must be the way they cooked it.

> Bison meat is much leaner than meat. Perhaps they foisted something else
> on Sheldon knowing that he would not know the difference.

it probably never actually happened, sheldon is a bullshitter
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 4:01:36 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> > Sheldon Martin wrote:

> > > bottom >> of the bowl. Of course, there will be enough left for
> > > another few >> days.

> > > today >> and it's taken A.L.L. day for them to return to normal.
> > > ARRGGGH

> > > Yik. I would't feed lamb to a starving dog. I don't consider lamb
> > > edible. The stench alone is disgusting.

> > LOL, you don't know how to cook it is all.

> I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. I don't like lamb, although
> perhaps not as vehemently as Sheldon. I've tried it every which way,
> including tiny chops cooked by a professional chef.
>
> I can tolerate if it's spiced enough to disguise the flavor (gyros,
> curry, etc.). Not a ringing endorsement.
>
> More for you.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I'll be happy with the 'more for me' then!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:40:16 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-06-14 2:30 p.m., US Janet wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:16:46 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:

>>> No rule says everyone needs to have the same tastes in food, I just
>>> don't like the taste or stench of lamb. I don't like venison either.
>>> Years ago at a fancy hotel in Canada I took the waiters advice and
>>> ordered bison stew, it was awful, the fat was as congealed and sticky
>>> as lamb fat. I don't like crab either, I'll eat lobster but I don't
>>> love it like so many seem to... I'm also not a big fan of shrimp, I
>>> think it's tasteless unless drowned in some piquant sauce.
>>> I happen to like liver but many don't. I like liverwust too. I also
>>> like chicken liver, chopped chicken liver is a favorite. A lot of
>>> foods I liked years ago are no longer readily available, not easy to
>>> find smoked whitefish anymore. I used to love Chinese restaurant
>>> food, but it's not been the same for 40 years, I no longer like what's
>>> produced nowadays. Good Chinese restaurant food went the way of the
>>> kosher deli, long gone. It's no longer easy to find a real knish,
>>> hardly anyone knows what's a k'nish. I'm one of the few people
>>> remaining
>>> who knows how to make kasha, let alone a kasha knish. I won't even go
>>> into the variations of blintzes.

>> I'm surprised that the bison stew had congealed fat. Bison is a
>> really lean meat.
>> It must be the way they cooked it.

>Bison meat is much leaner than meat.

This statement was brought to you by Dave "Pickleball" Smith.

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:40:16 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>On 2021-06-14 2:30 p.m., US Janet wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:16:46 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
>> wrote:

>>> No rule says everyone needs to have the same tastes in food, I just
>>> don't like the taste or stench of lamb. I don't like venison either.
>>> Years ago at a fancy hotel in Canada I took the waiters advice and
>>> ordered bison stew, it was awful, the fat was as congealed and sticky
>>> as lamb fat. I don't like crab either, I'll eat lobster but I don't
>>> love it like so many seem to... I'm also not a big fan of shrimp, I
>>> think it's tasteless unless drowned in some piquant sauce.
>>> I happen to like liver but many don't. I like liverwust too. I also
>>> like chicken liver, chopped chicken liver is a favorite. A lot of
>>> foods I liked years ago are no longer readily available, not easy to
>>> find smoked whitefish anymore. I used to love Chinese restaurant
>>> food, but it's not been the same for 40 years, I no longer like what's
>>> produced nowadays. Good Chinese restaurant food went the way of the
>>> kosher deli, long gone. It's no longer easy to find a real knish,
>>> hardly anyone knows what's a k'nish. I'm one of the few people
>>> remaining
>>> who knows how to make kasha, let alone a kasha knish. I won't even go
>>> into the variations of blintzes.

>> I'm surprised that the bison stew had congealed fat. Bison is a
>> really lean meat.
>> It must be the way they cooked it.

>Bison meat is much leaner than meat. Perhaps they foisted something else
>on Sheldon knowing that he would not know the difference.

Bison meat fat congels like most game meat fat. I find game meat very
distasteful. There's a good reasson for the descriptive "gamey".
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:49:42 -0400, % > wrote:

>On 6/14/2021 2:40 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On 2021-06-14 2:30 p.m., US Janet wrote:

>>> I'm surprised that the bison stew had congealed fat.* Bison is a
>>> really lean meat.
>>> It must be the way they cooked it.

>> Bison meat is much leaner than meat. Perhaps they foisted something else
>> on Sheldon knowing that he would not know the difference.
>>

>it probably never actually happened, sheldon is a bullshitter

And you are a no-name douchebag. LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 06:26:08 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:40:16 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>>On 2021-06-14 2:30 p.m., US Janet wrote:

>>> I'm surprised that the bison stew had congealed fat. Bison is a
>>> really lean meat.
>>> It must be the way they cooked it.

>>Bison meat is much leaner than meat.

>This statement was brought to you by Dave "Pickleball" Smith.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 17:08:53 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:49:42 -0400, % > wrote:

>>> Bison meat is much leaner than meat. Perhaps they foisted something else
>>> on Sheldon knowing that he would not know the difference.
>>>

>>it probably never actually happened, sheldon is a bullshitter

>And you are a no-name douchebag. LOL

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 17:05:52 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:40:16 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:
>
>>On 2021-06-14 2:30 p.m., US Janet wrote:

>>> I'm surprised that the bison stew had congealed fat. Bison is a
>>> really lean meat.
>>> It must be the way they cooked it.

>>Bison meat is much leaner than meat. Perhaps they foisted something else
>>on Sheldon knowing that he would not know the difference.

>Bison meat fat congels like most game meat fat. I find game meat very
>distasteful. There's a good reasson for the descriptive "gamey".

Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:40:16 -0400, Dave Smith
> > wrote:
>
>> On 2021-06-14 2:30 p.m., US Janet wrote:

>>> I'm surprised that the bison stew had congealed fat. Bison is a
>>> really lean meat.
>>> It must be the way they cooked it.

>> Bison meat is much leaner than meat. Perhaps they foisted something else
>> on Sheldon knowing that he would not know the difference.

> Bison meat fat congels like most game meat fat. I find game meat very
> distasteful. There's a good reasson for the descriptive "gamey".

Popeye, yoose had eaten so many diks in the navy that everything
else would seem gamey to yoose.

Remember when yoose ****ed that nun in the vatican? 3 coins in the
fountain? ... yeah, That waren't a nun! Twas a sailor from another
ship in port. Yoose butt****ed him and thought he was a nun!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:49:42 -0400, % > wrote:

>>> Bison meat is much leaner than meat. Perhaps they foisted something else
>>> on Sheldon knowing that he would not know the difference.
>>>

>> it probably never actually happened, sheldon is a bullshitter

> And you are a no-name douchebag. LOL

I don't know about squig.

I do know that yoose are a queer, lying sack of shit, and a rotten
low down scumbag.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Sheldon is usually full of shit

On 6/14/2021 5:08 PM, Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:49:42 -0400, % > wrote:

>>> Bison meat is much leaner than meat. Perhaps they foisted something else
>>> on Sheldon knowing that he would not know the difference.
>>>

>> it probably never actually happened, sheldon is a bullshitter

> And a no-name douchebag. LOL

Why are you ashamed of your real name, Shelly Katz? LOL
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:53:24 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> > LOL, you don't know how to cook it is all.

>> I'm afraid I have to disagree with you. I don't like lamb, although
>> perhaps not as vehemently as Sheldon. I've tried it every which way,
>> including tiny chops cooked by a professional chef.
>>
>> I can tolerate if it's spiced enough to disguise the flavor (gyros,
>> curry, etc.). Not a ringing endorsement.
>>
>> More for you.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>I'll be happy with the 'more for me' then!

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Bruce