Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Non-Service Dogs in Grocery Stores

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:18:32 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>Sheldon Martin wrote:
>> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:39:32 -0500, "cshenk"
>> > wrote:

>>> LOL! That would have been fun to watch!

>> Since childhood I've seen many seeing eye dogs, people with a white
>> cane and a harnessed dog, typically a large dog. Normal people know
>> to give them wide birth. Growing up in NY City there were lots of
>> seeing eye dogs, in streets, stores, public transportation,
>> everywhere. Even here in the boonies there are lots of seeing eye
>> dogs and other service dogs.
>> I see service dogs every time I go into town. They are low key and
>> never bothersome, they are well trained and know their job.
>> Everyone be very thankful that you don't need a service dog. I've
>> learned that there's really no difference between a service dog and a
>> farm dog that sees to the herd. I've seen a small sheltie round up 50
>> black angus and move them field to field to feed. It's really quite
>> amazing to see these dogs do their job.
>>

>Popeye, did those dogs have enormous titties?

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:24:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 10:12:42 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> >Modern times have gone all to hell. No matter what you do or don't do,
>> >someone will have a problem with it.

>> Yes, being offended has become a favourite pastime.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce

>It's a problem.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyiXrr-crH8

Yes, Karens are a problem too

--
Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:24:28 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 10:12:42 AM UTC-10, Dave Smith wrote:

>> >Modern times have gone all to hell. No matter what you do or don't do,
>> >someone will have a problem with it.

>> Yes, being offended has become a favourite pastime.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce

>It's a problem.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyiXrr-crH8

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 07:14:51 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 17:06:17 -0400, jmcquown >
>wrote:

>>> Modern times have gone all to hell.* No matter what you do or don't do,
>>> someone will have a problem with it.
>>>

>>"Our" Dave didn't write that, Gary. It was one of the forgers who uses
>>aioe.

>You missed it, but Gary probably saw that the post was signed "Bruce".
>So much for forging, you dummy.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 07:12:05 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:02:05 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>>> Not everyone likes to have dog hair on their fresh produce or seeing dog
>>> shit or **** on the floors. I love dogs, but I don't want them around
>>> my food.
>>>

>>How much fun would it be to have a dog whistle, and when you see someone
>>with a non-service dog, discreetly blow it, and get the dog all riled up. Miss
>>legally blonde would be clueless as to why her little pookie was acting up.

>14 year old fun.

Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:02:05 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 10:02:51 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > I did see a "service dog" in my beach Harris Teeter grocery store about
>> > 6 months ago. I talked with the woman for a few minutes too. Nice lady,
>> > nice little furry (fur over eyes) white dog.
>> >
>> > Note: it wasn't some official service dog. That's what she was calling
>> > it. lol
>> >
>> > I had no problem with the dog in the store but others might have.

>> Not everyone likes to have dog hair on their fresh produce or seeing dog
>> shit or **** on the floors. I love dogs, but I don't want them around
>> my food.
>>

>How much fun would it be to have a dog whistle, and when you see someone
>with a non-service dog, discreetly blow it, and get the dog all riled up. Miss
>legally blonde would be clueless as to why her little pookie was acting up.
>>

>--Bryan

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-14 5:24 p.m., dsi1 wrote:

>>> Modern times have gone all to hell. No matter what you do or don't do,
>>> someone will have a problem with it.

>> Yes, being offended has become a favourite pastime.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce

> It's a problem.

Part of the problem is that they tend to cater to bitchers and whiners
these trying to capitalize on human rights issues. Some jurisdictions
have dealt with the issue by required service dogs to be trained and
certified by government officials. The province of British Columbia has
done that. Businesses can ask people to show the animal's certificate,
and people who use fake certificates can be fined up to $50,000.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 Dave Smith wrote:
>On 2021-06-14 5:24 p.m., dsi1 wrote:

>>> Yes, being offended has become a favourite pastime.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Bruce

>> It's a problem.

>Part of the problem is that they tend to cater to bitchers and whiners
>these trying to capitalize on human rights issues. Some jurisdictions
>have dealt with the issue by required service dogs to be trained and
>certified by government officials. The province of British Columbia has
>done that. Businesses can ask people to show the animal's certificate,
>and people who use fake certificates can be fined up to $50,000.

Where I live service dogs are not a problem. People respect the need.
Service dogs are considered the same as farm dogs that herd animals.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-14 6:45 p.m., Sheldon Martin wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 Dave Smith wrote:

>>> It's a problem.

>> Part of the problem is that they tend to cater to bitchers and whiners
>> these trying to capitalize on human rights issues. Some jurisdictions
>> have dealt with the issue by required service dogs to be trained and
>> certified by government officials. The province of British Columbia has
>> done that. Businesses can ask people to show the animal's certificate,
>> and people who use fake certificates can be fined up to $50,000.

> Where I live service dogs are not a problem. People respect the need.
> Service dogs are considered the same as farm dogs that herd animals.

Are you referring to real service dogs or the special people with pets
who pretend they are service dogs?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 18:45:23 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 Dave Smith wrote:

>>> It's a problem.

>>Part of the problem is that they tend to cater to bitchers and whiners
>>these trying to capitalize on human rights issues. Some jurisdictions
>>have dealt with the issue by required service dogs to be trained and
>>certified by government officials. The province of British Columbia has
>>done that. Businesses can ask people to show the animal's certificate,
>>and people who use fake certificates can be fined up to $50,000.

>Where I live service dogs are not a problem. People respect the need.
>Service dogs are considered the same as farm dogs that herd animals.

Service dogs are only a problem where Dave "Pickleball" Smith lives.

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 18:54:33 -0400, Dave Smith
> wrote:

>>> Part of the problem is that they tend to cater to bitchers and whiners
>>> these trying to capitalize on human rights issues. Some jurisdictions
>>> have dealt with the issue by required service dogs to be trained and
>>> certified by government officials. The province of British Columbia has
>>> done that. Businesses can ask people to show the animal's certificate,
>>> and people who use fake certificates can be fined up to $50,000.

>> Where I live service dogs are not a problem. People respect the need.
>> Service dogs are considered the same as farm dogs that herd animals.
>>

>Are you referring to real service dogs or the special people with pets
>who pretend they are service dogs?

This was an excerpt from "My Life with the Green-Eyed Monster, a
Journey", by Dave "Pickleball" Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/14/2021 6:34 PM, heyjoe wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 17:06:17 -0400
> in Message-ID: >
> jmcquown wrote :
>
>> "Our" Dave didn't write that, Gary. It was one of the forgers who uses
>> aioe.

> It just could be that Gary has it figured out. See this article,

Nawww, lot of people have a don't email me designation.

> Maybe somebody has figured out why "Bruce" is frogging Dave Smith. A
> third grade explanation would not be insulting. However, a reply from
> "Bruce" would be just more noise for the killfile (and probably a weasel
> answer, full of untruths).

I've given up trying to figure out frogging anyone. It's all too stupid.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-13, Bruce > wrote:

> That's rather crude, insensitive and narrow-minded, but then we all
> have our weaker moments.

It has been my experience, over my lifetime, that when one asks me to
keep an open mind, they are really telling me to "Think like them". The
hell with that!
If you disagree, you're being narrow-minded. See how that works?

leo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Leonard Blaisdell wrote:
> On 2021-06-13, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> That's rather crude, insensitive and narrow-minded, but then we all
>> have our weaker moments.

> It has been my experience, over my lifetime, that when one asks me to
> keep an open mind, they are really telling me to "Think like them". The
> hell with that!
> If you disagree, you're being narrow-minded. See how that works?
>
> leo

Master doctor druce was just distracting you, while vigorously
sniffing your ass.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 15 Jun 2021 00:20:26 GMT, Leonard Blaisdell
> wrote:

>On 2021-06-13, Bruce > wrote:
>
>> That's rather crude, insensitive and narrow-minded, but then we all
>> have our weaker moments.

>It has been my experience, over my lifetime, that when one asks me to
>keep an open mind, they are really telling me to "Think like them". The
>hell with that!

Bloody Marxists!

>If you disagree, you're being narrow-minded. See how that works?

Hmm... does that mean I can't call anybody narrow-minded anymore?

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 13:20:03 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Sunday, June 13, 2021 at 7:34:15 AM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:
>> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 08:26:46 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>>
>> >I did see a "service dog" in my beach Harris Teeter grocery store about
>> >6 months ago. I talked with the woman for a few minutes too. Nice lady,
>> >nice little furry (fur over eyes) white dog.
>> >
>> >Note: it wasn't some official service dog. That's what she was calling
>> >it. lol
>> >
>> >I had no problem with the dog in the store but others might have.
>> >
>> >I have my reservations about all this support/service animal crap
>> >though. It's just continuing liberal nonsense that we should accept any
>> >weirdo as "normal."

>> We should accept every "weirdo" and I do. But I do wish the "weirdos"
>> would stop their attention seeking. Just because 0.001% of the
>> population don't know if they're a man or a woman is no reason to
>> change all public toilets to gender neutral.
>>

>If there were fully enclosed toileting stalls then the issue would be a
>non issue. I even think that there's a good chance that handwashing
>habits would improve if the sink area was unisex.
>>
>> --
>> Bruce
>>

>--Bryan

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 06:12:37 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 08:31:31 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>On 6/14/2021 2:13 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 22:38:59 -0500, "cshenk"

>>> These days, I don't leave the house much anymore. I'm too afraid to
>>> walk into a support animal.

>>Modern times have gone all to hell. No matter what you do or don't do,
>>someone will have a problem with it.

>Yes, being offended has become a favourite pastime.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:28:35 -0700 (PDT), dsi1
> wrote:

>On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 7:39:44 AM UTC-10, cshenk wrote:
>>
>> LOL! That would have been fun to watch!

>We know how to have a good ole time in my town!
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FikZwgj89HI

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 15:04:32 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 12:39:32 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:
>
>>dsi1 wrote:

>>> I don't mind dogs, they should go wherever they want. Cats OTOH, I
>>> don't care for them much. OTOH, Taiyo helped me catch a large
>>> centipede this morning. He spotted it and I put it in a bucket. I
>>> threw that critter onto the parking lot, in the midst of some
>>> chicken. One chicken grabbed it and went all over the lot keeping it
>>> away from the other chickens. God, I love chickens and dogs.

>>LOL! That would have been fun to watch!

>Since childhood I've seen many seeing eye dogs, people with a white
>cane and a harnessed dog, typically a large dog. Normal people know
>to give them wide birth. Growing up in NY City there were lots of
>seeing eye dogs, in streets, stores, public transportation,
>everywhere. Even here in the boonies there are lots of seeing eye
>dogs and other service dogs.
>I see service dogs every time I go into town. They are low key and
>never bothersome, they are well trained and know their job.
>Everyone be very thankful that you don't need a service dog. I've
>learned that there's really no difference between a service dog and a
>farm dog that sees to the herd. I've seen a small sheltie round up 50
>black angus and move them field to field to feed. It's really quite
>amazing to see these dogs do their job.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 14:01:01 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>US Janet wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 22:27:41 -0500, "cshenk"
>> > wrote:

>> abuse of >> > the system.

>> none >> of us have the ability to judge the need for a support
>> animal. PTSD >> isn't limited to ex-military and the need for a
>> support animal isn't >> limited to PTSD. Specialty dogs are trained
>> for all sorts of needs. >> I guess we all just need to be kind and
>> understanding. >> Janet US
>> >
>> > No, too many have abused that 'support animal' now. Sorry, but
>> > while a few are well trained, so many are not and they have been
>> > known to bite people on airplanes who were forced to sit with them.

>> I am sure that is a big statistic. I will not refuse solace to
>> someone who needs it,
>> Janet US

>Oh I don't mind them, but if badly behaved, they can be dangerous in
>the wrong setting.
>
>What doesn't bother me? A small one in the child seat of a cart.
>Harmless and if it comforts the owner, I'm all for it.

Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2021 08:31:31 -0400, Gary > wrote:
>
>>On 6/14/2021 2:13 AM, Dave Smith wrote:
>>> On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 22:38:59 -0500, "cshenk"

>>> These days, I don't leave the house much anymore. I'm too afraid to
>>> walk into a support animal.

>>Modern times have gone all to hell. No matter what you do or don't do,
>>someone will have a problem with it.

>Yes, being offended has become a favourite pastime.

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:24:12 PM UTC-4, Dave Smith wrote:
> On 2021-06-14 5:24 p.m., dsi1 wrote:

> >> Yes, being offended has become a favourite pastime.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Bruce

> > It's a problem.
> >

> Part of the problem is that they tend to cater to bitchers and whiners

Those are the only ones who get it done.