Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default MRE's [ Military Meals Ready-to-Eat ]

dsi1 wrote:

> On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:09:55 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 5:57:27 AM UTC-4, bruce bowser wrote:
> >
> > > Does Virginia have any real restaurants or is everything there
> > > military related?

> > Here's a real restaurant in Virginia:
> >
> > <https://theinnatlittlewashington.com/restaurant/>
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Now that's an amazing restaurant!

Yes, but even my low eating goes WTF on the tiny portions? I don't
expect to eat before going out to dinner to take the edge off or need
to get something else to add to it after leaving....
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:18:25 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:

>> > Here's a real restaurant in Virginia:
>> >
>> > <https://theinnatlittlewashington.com/restaurant/>
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton

>> Now that's an amazing restaurant!

>Yes, but even my low eating goes WTF on the tiny portions? I don't
>expect to eat before going out to dinner to take the edge off or need
>to get something else to add to it after leaving....

"We offer two tasting menus. You can simply choose which menu is most
appealing to you."

Without that advice, people might choose the menu that they don't
like.

--
Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 5:06:31 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > says...

> > > there >>>> military related?

> > "*A ?Star-Kissed? Tuna and Foie Gras Confit
> > Awash in a Black Truffle Vinaigrette "
> > :-+
> > Janet UK

> Yeah, that was funny.
>
> I googled for "most expensive restaurant in Virginia" and that seemed
> to be the one.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

Yuppieville, not often seen here.

This speaks more to us:

https://www.rudees.com/
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:32:17 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 5:06:31 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
>> > In article >,
>> > says...

>> > "*A ?Star-Kissed? Tuna and Foie Gras Confit
>> > Awash in a Black Truffle Vinaigrette "
>> > :-+
>> > Janet UK

>> Yeah, that was funny.
>>
>> I googled for "most expensive restaurant in Virginia" and that seemed
>> to be the one.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

>Yuppieville, not often seen here.
>
>This speaks more to us:
>
>https://www.rudees.com/

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 13 Jun 2021 05:22:22 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:18:25 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:
>
>>dsi1 wrote:

>>> Now that's an amazing restaurant!

>>Yes, but even my low eating goes WTF on the tiny portions? I don't
>>expect to eat before going out to dinner to take the edge off or need
>>to get something else to add to it after leaving....

>"We offer two tasting menus. You can simply choose which menu is most
>appealing to you."
>
>Without that advice, people might choose the menu that they don't
>like.

Bruce

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 12 Jun 2021 14:18:25 -0500, "cshenk"
> wrote:

>dsi1 wrote:

>> > Here's a real restaurant in Virginia:
>> >
>> > <https://theinnatlittlewashington.com/restaurant/>
>> >
>> > Cindy Hamilton

>> Now that's an amazing restaurant!

>Yes, but even my low eating goes WTF on the tiny portions? I don't
>expect to eat before going out to dinner to take the edge off or need
>to get something else to add to it after leaving....

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 22:41:58 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/11/2021 5:27 PM, cshenk wrote:
>> jmcquown wrote:

>>> Heh. It wasn't that fantasic.

>>> It depends on where you were dining. The Club has different dining
>>> rooms and different menus for each one. The only nice views was if
>>> you sat outside on the back patio. I only did that once and that was
>>> many years ago when I went with a friend/neighbor and it wasn't hot
>>> outside.
>>>
>>> I think Taxed and Spent was referring to the fru-fru menus and prices.
>>>
>>> Jill

>> Not sure and wasn't going to bother you to ask just now. So sorry
>> about Buffy.
>>

>Thank you, Carol. I'm sure Taxed was talking about the fru-fru food,
>not the "views". I don't actually recall discussing anything about the
>views. I mostly got food to go when I still went to the Club.
>
>I can tell you, having looked at the link Cindy posted, the prices at
>the Dataw Club were nothing like that. And it's not located in
>Virginia, obviously, which is where "bowser" started this discussion by
>asking if there are *real* restaurants in Virginia that aren't military
>related. Of *course* there are. The entire State of Virginia is not
>occupied by the military. Sheesh.
>
>Jill

Bruce
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 5:36:25 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 5:06:31 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
> > In article >,
> > says...

> > "*A ?Star-Kissed? Tuna and Foie Gras Confit
> > Awash in a Black Truffle Vinaigrette "
> > :-+
> > Janet UK

> Yeah, that was funny.
>
> I googled for "most expensive restaurant in Virginia" and that seemed
> to be the one.

The priciest Virginia restaurant is probably at the top of one of the buildings in the Pentagon City or Crystal City part of Arlington.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 3:32:27 PM UTC-4, cshenk wrote:
> Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > On Saturday, June 12, 2021 at 5:06:31 AM UTC-4, Janet wrote:
> > > In article >,
> > > says...

> > > "*A ?Star-Kissed? Tuna and Foie Gras Confit
> > > Awash in a Black Truffle Vinaigrette "
> > > :-+
> > > Janet UK

> > Yeah, that was funny.
> >
> > I googled for "most expensive restaurant in Virginia" and that seemed
> > to be the one.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> Yuppieville, not often seen here.

Wow. I see you're using your Annapolis Naval Academy jargon.