Old 11-06-2021, 06:52 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT: Your favorite self-carbonated drink mix

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 15:31:42 +1000, Dave Smith
wrote:

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 19:47:36 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 8:29:18 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

As slow as people who respond to nymshifting forgers?

I KNOW when I respond to your forger it's Bruce.

Yes, some people aren't able to make that distinction, though.

I have a reason for using Dave's name (and adding that I'm not him).

Seems you've recently changed to adding the 'not him' sig yet you
still use his name and email. So the sig is meaningless. You really
are a low life.

I've explained it a few times, but it should be obvious, except to
Dave, apparently.

If you want to talk about the obvious, then lets start with your
obviously bullshit 'reason' you just had to forge Dave. Is it just
some random coincidence you somehow chose Dave, out of everyone on the
group? One of a certain group of people here you've been trolling for
years?

If your 'reason' is honorable and legit, then why not prove it by
forging Ophelia instead? Hmm??

--
The real Jim Lahey posts with a fifth of whiskey at all times

Old 11-06-2021, 06:53 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 11:13:07 PM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 7:53:42 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 9:58:59 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:51:54 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
I've been on USENET for 25 years.
Is that all?

I see you use Eternal September. I remember when Usenet actually was
different in September, when all the college freshmen got their first
accounts at their university and discovered Usenet.

Cindy Hamilton

September was the month that AOL first offered Usenet access to the members of its service. The problem wasn't students, it was AOL users and after that, the influx of users with new internet access. Then came the spammers. Usenet has pretty much been ****ed up since then.

AOL doesn't have anything to do with it. Universities had Usenet long before AOL
was a gleam in Steve Case's eye.

Cindy Hamilton

I understand that. Most of the posters back in the early days had Usenet accounts through educational, research, military, scientific, and industrial, institutions. Because of this, It was expected that the postings would reflect well on the associated institutions. Most of the posters these days were introduced to Usenet through their internet service providers. What yoose guys don't get is that "Eternal September" weren't referring to hoards of moronic students being able to log on and write stupid schoolboy crap, it was the hoards of moronic citizens like yoose and me being allowed access to Usenet as a feature of their personal internet service account and being able to write stupid schoolboy crap.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_September
Old 11-06-2021, 07:08 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Friday, June 11, 2021 at 1:53:47 PM UTC-4, dsi1 wrote:
[...]

I never said Eternal September was not about AOL. I said that Septembers on Usenet
were weird before AOL ever came along.

Cindy Hamilton
Old 11-06-2021, 09:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:45:35 -0500, "cshenk"
wrote:

John Doe wrote:

A kill file is for dummies.

No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.

Besides, most kill file users are not smart enough (or not capable,
like a Google groups user) to ignore a thread branch, so they end up
stumbling over replies to the person in their kill file. The only
thing a kill file does is let a not quite grown up poster taunt other
people about being kill filed.

Mutual blocking would be an entirely different matter. But,
unfortunately, that's not available.

The best and only really useful USENET filter is "ignore thread
branch", to ignore a thread or subthread with a single key.

Only trolls care about killfiles.

You often mention yours, silly.

--
Bruce (not Dave Smith)
Old 11-06-2021, 09:47 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 11:47:19 -0500, "cshenk"
wrote:

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 6/10/2021 8:11 PM, John Doe wrote:
A kill file is for dummies.

No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.

They are not my foe. They are idiots that post crap. If I KF them I
don't have to wade through 100 nonsensical posts.

Exactly. And I don't have to see my own 'alter ego' posting things
that obviously I never said.

Tell me about it.

--
Bruce (not Dave Smith)

Old 11-06-2021, 11:17 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Fri, 11 Jun 2021 10:28:47 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
wrote:

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 5:04:48 AM UTC-4, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 8:34:07 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
I'm about through with a third 60 L CO2 canister.

Have tried a few different drink mixes.

So far, Crystal Lite Fruit Punch is the winner, hands down.
Surprising what they can do with artificial flavor... Obviously the aspartame
helps (if you like aspartame). It was good to begin with, now it's marvelous.
Probably helps to get the mixture right.

Any suggestion in that taste category? Thanks.

Sorry, I don't require that my beverages be carbonated or flavored.
I mainly drink plain water.

I sometimes do to. Some people even drink something called "branch water". Sometimes even with bourbon. Its called a Bourbon and Branch. Not that absolutely every single DAMN thing that I have to say has to always have something to do with drinking)

Bruce (not Dave Smith)