Old 10-06-2021, 11:55 PM posted to rec.food.cooking,free.spam

Default OT: Your favorite self-carbonated drink mix

A nym-shifting troll...

From: Dave Smith
Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
Subject: OT: Your favorite self-carbonated drink mix
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2021 02:56:59 +0430

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 21:42:05 -0000 (UTC), John Doe
wrote:

No idea what this is a response to, obviously not responding
the original post...

Not Dave Smith

Old 11-06-2021, 12:04 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,free.spam

Firstly, my original post to which no one has contributed anything yet is
not a crosspost. Besides, the group "free.spam" is an inactive group, so
it's not really a crosspost since it doesn't disturb any normal person.

Seems like a bit much, but all the effort to keep the thread alive
is appreciated...

--

Newsgroups: rec.food.cooking
From: Dave Smith
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:46:07 -0400

On 2021-06-10 5:10 p.m., wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 2:58:16 PM UTC-5, John Doe wrote:

Not a single on-topic answer.

Damn, I thought this group was a decent place to ask.

You know, a device kept in the kitchen, a device people who cook might
know about or at least see...

"What's this here thing doin in my kitchen?!"

We do talk about cooking, recipes, gadgets, and all things kitchen on occasion.
All groups wander around different subjects unless it's a moderated group which,
thankfully, this is not. You want a group that talks of only one specific topic??
Head over to Facebook.

Trolls suck of course, but I'm okay with not getting an answer (just surprised).

Also, learn to not top post. It's a dead giveaway you're either a newbie or a troll.

Do you really need to explain this to new comer who is cross posting?

Old 11-06-2021, 12:18 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 14:10:09 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 2:58:16 PM UTC-5, John Doe wrote:

Not a single on-topic answer.

Damn, I thought this group was a decent place to ask.

You know, a device kept in the kitchen, a device people who cook might
know about or at least see...

"What's this here thing doin in my kitchen?!"

We do talk about cooking, recipes, gadgets, and all things kitchen on occasion.
All groups wander around different subjects unless it's a moderated group which,
thankfully, this is not. You want a group that talks of only one specific topic??
Head over to Facebook.

Trolls suck of course, but I'm okay with not getting an answer (just surprised).

Also, learn to not top post. It's a dead giveaway you're either a newbie or a troll.

New poster comes out of nowhere while two notable trolls havent posted
today...hmm. What does that tell you?
--
The real Jim Lahey posts with a fifth of whiskey at all times
Old 11-06-2021, 12:53 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 9:58:59 AM UTC-10, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 3:51:54 PM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
I've been on USENET for 25 years.

Is that all?

I see you use Eternal September. I remember when Usenet actually was
different in September, when all the college freshmen got their first
accounts at their university and discovered Usenet.

Cindy Hamilton

September was the month that AOL first offered Usenet access to the members of its service. The problem wasn't students, it was AOL users and after that, the influx of users with new internet access. Then came the spammers. Usenet has pretty much been ****ed up since then.
Old 11-06-2021, 01:05 AM posted to rec.food.cooking,free.spam

lol, it tells you you're paranoid.

But of course being paranoid doesn't mean nobody's out to get you...

Old 11-06-2021, 01:11 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

A kill file is for dummies.

No intelligent person hides the activity of their foe.

Besides, most kill file users are not smart enough (or not capable, like a
Google groups user) to ignore a thread branch, so they end up stumbling over
replies to the person in their kill file. The only thing a kill file does is
let a not quite grown up poster taunt other people about being kill filed.

Mutual blocking would be an entirely different matter. But, unfortunately,
that's not available.

The best and only really useful USENET filter is "ignore thread branch", to
ignore a thread or subthread with a single key.
Old 11-06-2021, 01:58 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-10 12:24 p.m., Cindy Hamilton wrote:
On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 11:54:57 AM UTC-4, John Doe wrote:
This group has way too much traffic for too few posters...

Sorry, are you the Newsgroup Police?

There does appear to be a lot of traffic, enough to have kicked my
filter into overdrive. I just counted the number of posts that got
logged in my filter... 100 and compared it to the 90 new posts that
made it through. It's kind of funny to see that so many of them are
from one person who happens to be forging my name.

Yup, you've been popular lately.

Old 11-06-2021, 02:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

John Doe wrote:

Not a single on-topic answer.

Damn, I thought this group was a decent place to ask.

You know, a device kept in the kitchen, a device people who cook might
know about or at least see...

"What's this here thing doin in my kitchen?!"

Trolls suck of course, but I'm okay with not getting an answer (just
surprised).

On to Google I go...

Try powdered gaitoraide.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:02 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-10 6:53 p.m., Jim Lahey wrote:
On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 18:46:07 -0400, Dave Smith

Do you really need to explain this to new comer who is cross posting?

I was wondering the same thing. Then again, I see Joan replying to
your forger at times. I didnt think it was that hard to discern the
real you from Bruce's forging of you.

Yeah. It must be driving Bruce crazy that non of the legitimate posters
bother to respond to him even when he is forging me. What a coincidence
that we now have a new one whining about kill files.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:07 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-10 8:58 p.m., cshenk wrote:
Dave Smith wrote:

There does appear to be a lot of traffic, enough to have kicked my
filter into overdrive. I just counted the number of posts that got
logged in my filter... 100 and compared it to the 90 new posts that
made it through. It's kind of funny to see that so many of them are
from one person who happens to be forging my name.

Yup, you've been popular lately.

Perhaps I should feel honoured that the pathetic twit has tried to gain
a little legitimacy here by forging me. If he were a little smarter he
might realize what a failure that has been.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:09 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-10 5:10 p.m., wrote:

On Thursday, June 10, 2021 at 2:58:16 PM UTC-5, John Doe wrote:

Do you really need to explain this to new comer who is cross posting?

He IS slow to catch on.
Old 11-06-2021, 02:13 AM posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

Do you really need to explain this to new comer who is cross posting?

I was wondering the same thing. Then again, I see Joan replying to
your forger at times. I didnt think it was that hard to discern the
real you from Bruce's forging of you.

When I reply to David's forger I'm replying to Bruce even though he's too
childish to step from behind the curtain. It's almost as if he's taken on
John Kuthe's persona.