Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default A challenge

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:04:13 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/8/2021 1:04 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> Is it "some" or "one"?

>>> <crickets>
>>> C'mon , if I'm such a racist slaver that y'all gotta find at least
>>> ONE remark !

>> I invite you to consider the source of the remark that angered you.
>> Several people already have him killfiled. I might, if I could.
>>
>>> BTW , my ancestors probably DID own slaves ...

>> Mine did. In Virginia.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

>As far as I can tell my ancestors in PA didn't own slaves. There could
>be other branches of the family who lived elsewhere that I don't know
>about who had slaves. <shrug> It's all past tense and I will not be
>held accountable for it.
>
>The sig line Terry/Snag used certainly didn't make me think he was a
>racist. I personally get sick and tired of hearing about the Civil War.
> I live in the State where the darn War *started* and no one down here,
>black or white, is still talking about it.
>
>Jill

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:11:32 -0400, jmcquown >
wrote:

>On 6/8/2021 1:28 PM, Snag wrote:
>> Oh he has the right to his opinion , he just has no right to force me to
>> think like he does . And I'm not ****ed , I'm more amused than anything
>> that such a simple innocuous statement can make him go off the deep end
>> and start foaming at the mouth .
>> * And you've got to admit , if you aren't a racist , it doesn't matter
>> what color skin a person has . You'll judge him or her by their character .
>> --
>> Snag

>Bryan is trying to garner attention because so many of us got sick of
>his ranting about Kuthe and 14 year old girls we killfiled him rather
>than his personal nemesis. That's a private vendetta he keeps trying to
>promote here which got old very fast.
>
>I don't care or even think about a person's skin colour. You're exactly
>right, it depends on character and how people treat people.
>
>Jill

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 17:16:41 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:43:23 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

>> > Well, you already disproved your claim. If race didn't matter to
>> > you, then it wouldn't be in your sig in the first place. And you
>> > wouldn't have been whining about it for the last 2 days.

>> It's hard to say. There are different types of racists. There are
>> racists who think that African American Americans all like watermelon
>> and fried chicken. Then there are those who would never feed watermelon
>> or fried chicken to an African American guest.
>>

>I get your point, but *my* issue with watermelon is that the quality has
>gone to shit. Almost all of them are seedless, and small. Big, long
>watermelons that have seeds are delicious. There are kids of every
>ethnic background who never get to experience a really kick-ass
>watermelon.
>>

>--Bryan

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 7:18:15 PM UTC-5, wrote:
> On 6/8/2021 1:27 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> >>
> >> <crickets>
> >> C'mon , if I'm such a racist slaver that y'all gotta find at least
> >> ONE remark !
> >> BTW , my ancestors probably DID own slaves ... they were Europeans
> >> though . When Leif and Eric went a-Viking , it was rape loot kill
> >> destroy - except for those buxom young Anglo and Saxon girls , they
> >> went home with them . <I recently found out I'm a direct descendant of
> >> Leif Ericson ... no wonder I sometimes want to go Berserker !>

> > For a lot of Americans with roots going back to the colonial days, the
> > chances are probably higher that an ancestor was subject to a form of
> > slavery than of owning slaves.

> You make a good point, Dave. I've mentioned many times my Scottish
> ancestors were captured in battle in Scotland in 1679 and transported
> (sentenced) by the English to plantation owners in Virginia for a term
> of 7 years indentured servitude. They'd have been treated exactly like
> any other slaves until they worked off their "debt". Once in the
> American colonies the plantation owners could work them until they died,
> and lay claim to any children they might produce as their property. We
> got lucky. The captain of the ship died and the man who assumed command
> changed the course and they didn't wind up in Virginia.

Yep, you're lucky that your ancestors weren't Black. They didn't have to endure
generation after generation of abuse that included beatings and yes, rape.
Aren't *you* the Scottish princess? It's a ****ing joke that White folks minimize
the horror of centuries of Black slavery by pointing out White indentured
servitude. Did Scots-Irish experience Jim Crow? A hundred years ago, after
your ancestors had assimilated, Black folks in Tulsa were finishing burying their
massacred dead loved ones.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre

Look at this, princess, if you have the stomach for it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett..._Till_body.jpg

> Jill

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 2021-06-09 8:18 p.m., jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/8/2021 1:27 PM, Dave Smith wrote:

>> For a lot of Americans with roots going back to the colonial days, the
>> chances are probably higher that an ancestor was subject to a form of
>> slavery than of owning slaves.

> You make a good point, Dave.Â* I've mentioned many times my Scottish
> ancestors were captured in battle in Scotland in 1679 and transported
> (sentenced) by the English to plantation owners in Virginia for a term
> of 7 years indentured servitude.Â* They'd have been treated exactly like
> any other slaves until they worked off their "debt".Â* Once in the
> American colonies the plantation owners could work them until they died,
> and lay claim to any children they might produce as their property.Â* We
> got lucky.Â* The captain of the ship died and the man who assumed command
> changed the course and they didn't wind up in Virginia.

My (Scottish) ancestors didn't spend much time in the US. Six times
great grandfather was sea caption the woman he met and married in New
York was also born in Scotland. He was murdered in NY and his wife
remarried and the new husband took her and her son to York (Toronto).
The son fought against the Americans in the War of 1812, but his son
moved back to NY and then to Virginia where he fought for the south and
ended up on Jackson' staff and then on Robert E Lee's staff. I doubt
that he had slaves. I can't imagine him relocating and being able to
afford to buy slaves.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 17:42:38 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 7:18:15 PM UTC-5, wrote:

>> > For a lot of Americans with roots going back to the colonial days, the
>> > chances are probably higher that an ancestor was subject to a form of
>> > slavery than of owning slaves.

>> You make a good point, Dave. I've mentioned many times my Scottish
>> ancestors were captured in battle in Scotland in 1679 and transported
>> (sentenced) by the English to plantation owners in Virginia for a term
>> of 7 years indentured servitude. They'd have been treated exactly like
>> any other slaves until they worked off their "debt". Once in the
>> American colonies the plantation owners could work them until they died,
>> and lay claim to any children they might produce as their property. We
>> got lucky. The captain of the ship died and the man who assumed command
>> changed the course and they didn't wind up in Virginia.
>>

>Yep, you're lucky that your ancestors weren't Black. They didn't have to endure
>generation after generation of abuse that included beatings and yes, rape.
>Aren't *you* the Scottish princess? It's a ****ing joke that White folks minimize
>the horror of centuries of Black slavery by pointing out White indentured
>servitude. Did Scots-Irish experience Jim Crow? A hundred years ago, after
>your ancestors had assimilated, Black folks in Tulsa were finishing burying their
>massacred dead loved ones.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulsa_race_massacre
>
>Look at this, princess, if you have the stomach for it.
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett..._Till_body.jpg
>>
>> Jill
>>

>--Bryan

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/9/2021 7:04 PM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 6/8/2021 1:04 PM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:

>> Is it "some" or "one"?

>>> <crickets>
>>> C'mon , if I'm such a racist slaver that y'all gotta find at least
>>> ONE remark !

>> I invite you to consider the source of the remark that angered you.
>> Several people already have him killfiled.Â* I might, if I could.
>>
>>> BTW , my ancestors probably DID own slaves ...

>> Mine did.Â* In Virginia.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton
>>

> As far as I can tell my ancestors in PA didn't own slaves.Â* There could
> be other branches of the family who lived elsewhere that I don't know
> about who had slaves. <shrug>Â* It's all past tense and I will not be
> held accountable for it.
>
> The sig line Terry/Snag used certainly didn't make me think he was a
> racist.Â* I personally get sick and tired of hearing about the Civil War.
> Â*I live in the State where the darn War *started* and no one down here,
> black or white, is still talking about it.
>
> Jill

Bryan is a POPO - person of perpetual outrage . These people will
ALWAYS find something to be outraged about , even something so innocuous
as a sig line . It must be very stressful to be ****ed off about
something at all times . I'll just kick back and laugh at the futility
of their pitiful lives . Life is very relaxed out here in the woods ,
the few neighbors we have know each other by name and all help out when
someone is in need .
--
Snag
Race only matters to racists ...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:42:17 -0500, Snag > wrote:

>On 6/9/2021 7:04 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>> The sig line Terry/Snag used certainly didn't make me think he was a
>> racist.Â* I personally get sick and tired of hearing about the Civil War.
>> Â*I live in the State where the darn War *started* and no one down here,
>> black or white, is still talking about it.
>>
>> Jill

>Bryan is a POPO - person of perpetual outrage . These people will
>ALWAYS find something to be outraged about , even something so innocuous
>as a sig line . It must be very stressful to be ****ed off about
>something at all times . I'll just kick back and laugh at the futility
>of their pitiful lives . Life is very relaxed out here in the woods ,
>the few neighbors we have know each other by name and all help out when
>someone is in need .

Bryan's a drama queen. Too much ALDI meat does that to a person.

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/9/2021 7:16 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 9, 2021 at 1:43:23 PM UTC-5, Dave Smith wrote:

>>> Well, you already disproved your claim. If race didn't matter to
>>> you, then it wouldn't be in your sig in the first place. And you
>>> wouldn't have been whining about it for the last 2 days.

>> It's hard to say. There are different types of racists. There are
>> racists who think that African American Americans all like watermelon
>> and fried chicken. Then there are those who would never feed watermelon
>> or fried chicken to an African American guest.
>>

> I get your point, but *my* issue with watermelon is that the quality has
> gone to shit. Almost all of them are seedless, and small. Big, long
> watermelons that have seeds are delicious. There are kids of every
> ethnic background who never get to experience a really kick-ass
> watermelon.
>>

> --Bryan

Don't tell me , let me guess ... your ancestors were slaves on a
watermelon farm , right ?
The problem is really YOUR racism . Do you hate all whites , or just
a select few ?
--
Snag
Race only matters to racists ...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:42:17 -0500, Snag > wrote:

>On 6/9/2021 7:04 PM, jmcquown wrote:
>>>
>>> Is it "some" or "one"?

>>> I invite you to consider the source of the remark that angered you.
>>> Several people already have him killfiled.* I might, if I could.

>>> Mine did.* In Virginia.
>>>
>>> Cindy Hamilton
>>>

>> As far as I can tell my ancestors in PA didn't own slaves.* There could
>> be other branches of the family who lived elsewhere that I don't know
>> about who had slaves. <shrug>* It's all past tense and I will not be
>> held accountable for it.
>>
>> The sig line Terry/Snag used certainly didn't make me think he was a
>> racist.* I personally get sick and tired of hearing about the Civil War.
>> *I live in the State where the darn War *started* and no one down here,
>> black or white, is still talking about it.
>>
>> Jill

> Bryan is a POPO - person of perpetual outrage . These people will
>ALWAYS find something to be outraged about , even something so innocuous
>as a sig line . It must be very stressful to be ****ed off about
>something at all times . I'll just kick back and laugh at the futility
>of their pitiful lives . Life is very relaxed out here in the woods ,
>the few neighbors we have know each other by name and all help out when
>someone is in need .

Not Dave Smith

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 11:45:57 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:42:17 -0500, Snag > wrote:
>
>>On 6/9/2021 7:04 PM, jmcquown wrote:

>>> The sig line Terry/Snag used certainly didn't make me think he was a
>>> racist.* I personally get sick and tired of hearing about the Civil War.
>>> *I live in the State where the darn War *started* and no one down here,
>>> black or white, is still talking about it.
>>>
>>> Jill

>>Bryan is a POPO - person of perpetual outrage . These people will
>>ALWAYS find something to be outraged about , even something so innocuous
>>as a sig line . It must be very stressful to be ****ed off about
>>something at all times . I'll just kick back and laugh at the futility
>>of their pitiful lives . Life is very relaxed out here in the woods ,
>>the few neighbors we have know each other by name and all help out when
>>someone is in need .

>Bryan's a drama queen. Too much ALDI meat does that to a person.

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:46:40 -0500, Snag > wrote:

>On 6/9/2021 7:16 PM, Bryan Simmons wrote:

>>> It's hard to say. There are different types of racists. There are
>>> racists who think that African American Americans all like watermelon
>>> and fried chicken. Then there are those who would never feed watermelon
>>> or fried chicken to an African American guest.
>>>

>> I get your point, but *my* issue with watermelon is that the quality has
>> gone to shit. Almost all of them are seedless, and small. Big, long
>> watermelons that have seeds are delicious. There are kids of every
>> ethnic background who never get to experience a really kick-ass
>> watermelon.
>>>

>> --Bryan
>>

> Don't tell me , let me guess ... your ancestors were slaves on a
>watermelon farm , right ?
> The problem is really YOUR racism . Do you hate all whites , or just
>a select few ?

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >,
says...

> On 6/8/2021 1:27 PM, Dave Smith wrote:
> >>
> >> ** <crickets>
> >> ** C'mon , if I'm such a racist slaver that y'all gotta find at least
> >> ONE remark !
> >> ** BTW , my ancestors probably DID own slaves ... they were Europeans
> >> though . When Leif and Eric went a-Viking , it was rape loot kill
> >> destroy - except for those buxom young Anglo and Saxon girls , they
> >> went home with them . <I recently found out I'm a direct descendant of
> >> Leif Ericson ... no wonder I sometimes want to go Berserker !>

> > For a lot of Americans with roots going back to the colonial days, the
> > chances are probably higher that an ancestor was subject to a form of
> > slavery than of owning slaves.

> You make a good point, Dave. I've mentioned many times my Scottish
> ancestors were captured in battle in Scotland in 1679 and transported
> (sentenced) by the English to plantation owners in Virginia for a term
> of 7 years indentured servitude. They'd have been treated exactly like
> any other slaves until they worked off their "debt". Once in the
> American colonies the plantation owners could work them until they died,
> and lay claim to any children they might produce as their property.

That was the case for the offspring of black slaves brought from
Africa.( "chattel slaves") To the best of my knowledge it was never the
case for the chilkdren of indentured convicts or workers brought from
Scotland.

Janet UK

Janet
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 14:13:35 +0100, Janet > wrote:

>In article >,
>says...

>> > For a lot of Americans with roots going back to the colonial days, the
>> > chances are probably higher that an ancestor was subject to a form of
>> > slavery than of owning slaves.

>> You make a good point, Dave. I've mentioned many times my Scottish
>> ancestors were captured in battle in Scotland in 1679 and transported
>> (sentenced) by the English to plantation owners in Virginia for a term
>> of 7 years indentured servitude. They'd have been treated exactly like
>> any other slaves until they worked off their "debt". Once in the
>> American colonies the plantation owners could work them until they died,
>> and lay claim to any children they might produce as their property.

> That was the case for the offspring of black slaves brought from
>Africa.( "chattel slaves") To the best of my knowledge it was never the
>case for the chilkdren of indentured convicts or workers brought from
>Scotland.
>
> Janet UK

And in the US, slaves were considered property, while indentured
servants, who, though they may have also been treated horrifically,
had legal standing, time limited indenture, and in some cases,
recourse.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

heyjoe wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:11:32 -0400
> in Message-ID: >
> jmcquown wrote :
>
>> Bryan is trying to garner attention because so many of us got sick of
>> his ranting about Kuthe and 14 year old girls we killfiled him rather
>> than his personal nemesis.

> Nothing personal against Bryan or John, but they getted killfiled along
> with all the other gogglegroupers. If somebody is too lazy or stupid to
> use a real news reader, they don't have anything to say that I care to
> hear/read.

Kuth and bryan hate each other, but you only hate google groups, so
it's a much more reasonable hatred.

Other folks only hate certain usenet providers or news readers.

Some only hate certain brands of ketchup.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

heyjoe wrote:
> Hank Rogers wrote:
>
>> you only hate google groups

> I NEVER said I hated anybody. I don't hate googlegroupers. but I do
> refuse to let them waste my time.
>
> Life's too short.

Even a long life can be horrible. And your time, heyjoe, can only
be wasted by you. Only you can decide. Others cannot assist.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 12:28:29 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>heyjoe wrote:
>> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:11:32 -0400
>> in Message-ID: >
>> jmcquown wrote :
>>
>>> Bryan is trying to garner attention because so many of us got sick of
>>> his ranting about Kuthe and 14 year old girls we killfiled him rather
>>> than his personal nemesis.

>> Nothing personal against Bryan or John, but they getted killfiled along
>> with all the other gogglegroupers. If somebody is too lazy or stupid to
>> use a real news reader, they don't have anything to say that I care to
>> hear/read.
>>

>Kuth and bryan hate each other, but you only hate google groups, so
>it's a much more reasonable hatred.
>
>Other folks only hate certain usenet providers or news readers.
>
>Some only hate certain brands of ketchup.

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 12:28:29 -0500, Hank Rogers >
> wrote:
>
>> heyjoe wrote:
>>> On Wed, 9 Jun 2021 20:11:32 -0400
>>> in Message-ID: >

>>> Nothing personal against Bryan or John, but they getted killfiled along
>>> with all the other gogglegroupers. If somebody is too lazy or stupid to
>>> use a real news reader, they don't have anything to say that I care to
>>> hear/read.
>>>

>> Kuth and bryan hate each other, but you only hate google groups, so
>> it's a much more reasonable hatred.
>>
>> Other folks only hate certain usenet providers or news readers.
>>
>> Some only hate certain brands of ketchup.
>>

> Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."

And bruce only hates americans.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 16:41:30 -0500, Hank Rogers >
wrote:

>heyjoe wrote:
>> Hank Rogers wrote:
>>
>>> you only hate google groups

>> I NEVER said I hated anybody. I don't hate googlegroupers. but I do
>> refuse to let them waste my time.
>>
>> Life's too short.
>>

>Even a long life can be horrible. And your time, heyjoe, can only
>be wasted by you. Only you can decide. Others cannot assist.

Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dave Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2021 16:41:30 -0500, Hank Rogers >
> wrote:
>
>> heyjoe wrote:

>>> I NEVER said I hated anybody. I don't hate googlegroupers. but I do
>>> refuse to let them waste my time.
>>>
>>> Life's too short.
>>>

>> Even a long life can be horrible. And your time, heyjoe, can only
>> be wasted by you. Only you can decide. Others cannot assist.
>>

> Ask them, theyre here. "You can stop saying that now. Thank you."

It's great you are still here sniffing asses, master doctor druce!

THE CHALLENGE OF THE QUR’AN Stu[_16_] General Cooking 0 05-04-2011 08:10 PM
Challenge piedmont Barbecue 11 07-01-2010 10:22 PM
OK, here's a challenge: Wayne Lundberg Mexican Cooking 11 10-10-2007 06:35 PM
a challenge for Goo dh@. Vegan 2 11-09-2005 08:06 PM
3 Zin challenge Emery Davis Wine 17 14-07-2005 10:55 PM