Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Traditional Weekend American Breakfast

Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
isn't - it sucks consistently.

https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg

Probably a chef salad for dinner. Not, no more eggs. Some sort of
salad. Or maybe a meatball and pesto sandwich and a
salad...orr.....

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:35:00 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
>Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
>Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
>isn't - it sucks consistently.
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg
>
>Probably a chef salad for dinner. Not, no more eggs. Some sort of
>salad. Or maybe a meatball and pesto sandwich and a
>salad...orr.....
>
>-sw

Orr...a cheapo poor man's sammich.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 05 Jun 2021 15:46:04 -0400, Sheldon Martin >
wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:35:00 -0500, Sqwertz >
>wrote:
>
>>Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
>>Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
>>Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
>>isn't - it sucks consistently.
>>
>>https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg
>>
>>Probably a chef salad for dinner. Not, no more eggs. Some sort of
>>salad. Or maybe a meatball and pesto sandwich and a
>>salad...orr.....
>>
>>-sw

>Orr...a cheapo poor man's sammich.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

>Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
>Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
>Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
>isn't - it sucks consistently.
>
>https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg
>
>Probably a chef salad for dinner. Not, no more eggs. Some sort of
>salad. Or maybe a meatball and pesto sandwich and a
>salad...orr.....
>
>-sw

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/5/2021 12:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
> Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
> Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
> isn't - it sucks consistently.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg
>
> Probably a chef salad for dinner. Not, no more eggs. Some sort of
> salad. Or maybe a meatball and pesto sandwich and a
> salad...orr.....
>
> -sw

Just suck up a can of beets.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 13:48:00 -0700, Taxed and Spent
> wrote:

>On 6/5/2021 12:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
>> Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
>> Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
>> isn't - it sucks consistently.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg
>>
>> Probably a chef salad for dinner. Not, no more eggs. Some sort of
>> salad. Or maybe a meatball and pesto sandwich and a
>> salad...orr.....
>>
>> -sw
>>

>Just suck up a can of beets.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 2:35:05 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
> Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
> Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
> isn't - it sucks consistently.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg
>
> -sw

It looks good but I bet that hot sauce would have me jumping
and howling. I looked up that sauce and it said it was about
5400 on the Scoville scale.

No toast or biscuits to sop up that yolk??
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:39:03 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 2:35:05 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
>> Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
>> Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
>> isn't - it sucks consistently.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg
>>
>> -sw
>>

>It looks good but I bet that hot sauce would have me jumping
>and howling. I looked up that sauce and it said it was about
>5400 on the Scoville scale.
>
>No toast or biscuits to sop up that yolk??

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:39:03 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 2:35:05 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
>> Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
>> Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
>> isn't - it sucks consistently.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg
>>
>> -sw
>>

>It looks good

Excellent, Joan.

--
Not Dave Smith
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 07:41:11 +1000, Dave Smith >
wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:39:03 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 2:35:05 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>>
>>> Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
>>> Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
>>> Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
>>> isn't - it sucks consistently.
>>>
>>> https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>>It looks good

>Excellent, Joan.

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 3:46:10 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
> On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:35:00 -0500, Sqwertz >
> wrote:
> >Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
> >Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
> >Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
> >isn't - it sucks consistently.
> >
> >https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg
> >
> >Probably a chef salad for dinner. Not, no more eggs. Some sort of
> >salad. Or maybe a meatball and pesto sandwich and a
> >salad...orr.....
> >
> >-sw

> Orr...a cheapo poor man's sammich.

You can either have elegance or taste, but not both.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 2:35:05 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
>> Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
>> Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
>> isn't - it sucks consistently.

https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg

>> -sw
>>

> It looks good but I bet that hot sauce would have me jumping
> and howling. I looked up that sauce and it said it was about
> 5400 on the Scoville scale.

Which is their mildest one, IIRC. Somebody gave me the whole set,
but I try and only keep 2 open at a time.

https://shop.padillagroup.com/collec...gift-pack-2020

> No toast or biscuits to sop up that yolk??

I mix it with the potatoes a forkful at a time. I thought about
making an English muffin, too, but somebody here would have
undoubtedly bitched about having two servings of carbs. And I
wouldn't want to upset anyone.

-sw
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 2:35:05 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
> Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
> Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
> isn't - it sucks consistently.

More limited here. Only the fried potatoes and eggs, with just S&P.

> -sw

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 10:23:02 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:

> On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:39:03 -0700 (PDT),
> wrote:
>
> https://shop.padillagroup.com/collec...gift-pack-2020
>
> > No toast or biscuits to sop up that yolk??
> >

> I mix it with the potatoes a forkful at a time. I thought about
> making an English muffin, too, but somebody here would have
> undoubtedly bitched about having two servings of carbs. And I
> wouldn't want to upset anyone.
>
> -sw

That was me commenting on a picture Wolfy posted a few days ago.
Breaded chicken with gravy on it, mashed potatoes with gravy, plus
corn. That was five (5) servings of carbs.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 06:51:51 -0700 (PDT), Bryan Simmons
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 2:35:05 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
>> Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
>> Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
>> isn't - it sucks consistently.
>>

>More limited here. Only the fried potatoes and eggs, with just S&P.
>>
>> -sw
>>

>--Bryan

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 11:13:57 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 10:23:02 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:39:03 -0700 (PDT),
>> wrote:
>>
>> https://shop.padillagroup.com/collec...gift-pack-2020
>>
>> > No toast or biscuits to sop up that yolk??
>> >

>> I mix it with the potatoes a forkful at a time. I thought about
>> making an English muffin, too, but somebody here would have
>> undoubtedly bitched about having two servings of carbs. And I
>> wouldn't want to upset anyone.
>>
>> -sw
>>

>That was me commenting on a picture Wolfy posted a few days ago.
>Breaded chicken with gravy on it, mashed potatoes with gravy, plus
>corn. That was five (5) servings of carbs.

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 14:56:40 +0100, Pamela
> wrote:

>On 20:35 5 Jun 2021, Sqwertz said:
>>
>> Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
>> Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
>> Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
>> isn't - it sucks consistently.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...Breakfast-Old-
>> Folks-and-Hot-Sauce.jpg

>Why is the photo out of focus?

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 11:13:57 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 10:23:02 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:39:03 -0700 (PDT),
>> wrote:
>>
>> https://shop.padillagroup.com/collec...gift-pack-2020
>>
>> > No toast or biscuits to sop up that yolk??
>> >

>> I mix it with the potatoes a forkful at a time. I thought about
>> making an English muffin, too, but somebody here would have
>> undoubtedly bitched about having two servings of carbs. And I
>> wouldn't want to upset anyone.
>>
>> -sw
>>

>That was me commenting on a picture Wolfy posted a few days ago.
>Breaded chicken with gravy on it, mashed potatoes with gravy, plus
>corn. That was five (5) servings of carbs.

hmmm, hmmm, good! ;o))
Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 22:22:58 -0500, Sqwertz >
wrote:

>On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:39:03 -0700 (PDT),
>wrote:
>
>> On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 2:35:05 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>>
>>> Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
>>> Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
>>> Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
>>> isn't - it sucks consistently.

https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg

>>> -sw
>>>

>> It looks good but I bet that hot sauce would have me jumping
>> and howling. I looked up that sauce and it said it was about
>> 5400 on the Scoville scale.

>Which is their mildest one, IIRC. Somebody gave me the whole set,
>but I try and only keep 2 open at a time.
>
>https://shop.padillagroup.com/collec...gift-pack-2020
>
>> No toast or biscuits to sop up that yolk??

>I mix it with the potatoes a forkful at a time. I thought about
>making an English muffin, too, but somebody here would have
>undoubtedly bitched about having two servings of carbs. And I
>wouldn't want to upset anyone.
>
>-sw

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 18:51:19 -0700 (PDT), bruce bowser
> wrote:

>On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 3:46:10 PM UTC-4, Sheldon wrote:
>> On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:35:00 -0500, Sqwertz >
>> wrote:
>> >Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
>> >Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
>> >Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
>> >isn't - it sucks consistently.
>> >
>> >https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg
>> >
>> >Probably a chef salad for dinner. Not, no more eggs. Some sort of
>> >salad. Or maybe a meatball and pesto sandwich and a
>> >salad...orr.....
>> >
>> >-sw

>> Orr...a cheapo poor man's sammich.

>You can either have elegance or taste, but not both.

Not Dave Smith.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 14:35:32 -0600, US Janet >
wrote:

>On Sun, 6 Jun 2021 11:13:57 -0700 (PDT), "
> wrote:
>
>>On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 10:23:02 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
>>>
>>> On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:39:03 -0700 (PDT),
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> https://shop.padillagroup.com/collec...gift-pack-2020

>>> I mix it with the potatoes a forkful at a time. I thought about
>>> making an English muffin, too, but somebody here would have
>>> undoubtedly bitched about having two servings of carbs. And I
>>> wouldn't want to upset anyone.
>>>
>>> -sw
>>>

>>That was me commenting on a picture Wolfy posted a few days ago.
>>Breaded chicken with gravy on it, mashed potatoes with gravy, plus
>>corn. That was five (5) servings of carbs.

>hmmm, hmmm, good! ;o))
>Janet US

Not Dave Smith.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

> On Saturday, June 5, 2021 at 10:23:02 PM UTC-5, Sqwertz wrote:
> >
> > On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 14:39:03 -0700 (PDT),
> > wrote:

https://shop.padillagroup.com/collec...gift-pack-2020

> > > No toast or biscuits to sop up that yolk??
> > >

> > I mix it with the potatoes a forkful at a time. I thought about
> > making an English muffin, too, but somebody here would have
> > undoubtedly bitched about having two servings of carbs. And I
> > wouldn't want to upset anyone.
> >
> > -sw
> >

> That was me commenting on a picture Wolfy posted a few days ago.
> Breaded chicken with gravy on it, mashed potatoes with gravy, plus
> corn. That was five (5) servings of carbs.

Snicker, you'd have hated my lunch!

Potato mac salad (close to Hawaiian style but upticked with brown
grainly mustard), corn on the cob, slab of toasted home made bread
slathered with strawberry preserves. And to top it off, a peanutbutter
cup (reeses) for 'dessert'. Oh I was virtuous. I also had a home
grown lettuce salad with a dab of french dressing and green onion...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/5/2021 3:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
> Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
> Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
> isn't - it sucks consistently.
>
> https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg
>
> Probably a chef salad for dinner. Not, no more eggs. Some sort of
> salad. Or maybe a meatball and pesto sandwich and a
> salad...orr.....
>
> -sw

That old folk's sausage (bought it because I heard it advertised on
650AM WSM - grand ole opry station - in Nashville) makes darn good
sausage gravy!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 06 Jun 2021 23:03:10 -0400, Michael Trew >
wrote:

>On 6/5/2021 3:35 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>> Its still before 3:PM, so can officially be called 'breakfast'.
>> Home fries, eggs, Old Folks snausages, and El Yucateo Caribbean Hot
>> Sauce. I knicked a yolk - I'm losing my touch. But the new camera
>> isn't - it sucks consistently.
>>
>> https://i.postimg.cc/G2ZkH3LP/Satuid...-Hot-Sauce.jpg
>>
>> Probably a chef salad for dinner. Not, no more eggs. Some sort of
>> salad. Or maybe a meatball and pesto sandwich and a
>> salad...orr.....
>>
>> -sw

>That old folk's sausage (bought it because I heard it advertised on
>650AM WSM - grand ole opry station - in Nashville) makes darn good
>sausage gravy!

Not DS